Fistfight and spitting drama at condo unresolved amid "death threats"

webfact

55 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Guards can be nosey and out of boredom some will follow u every move and gossip all what u do to others. I never have met a guard that was able to apprehend a burglar. They are overrated!

I wouldn't say the guards are overrated... Who rates them? Thai's don't.. I don't either, they don't really do much and I doubt that anything other than their mere presence has any effect on a possible crime, which I guess is what thats about !...

And.... perhaps there is more to it than this... This is 'job creation'... so many small positions that are almost unnecessary are filled, there is no social welfare here so its good that these guys are earring something. If the employment rates worsened, crime would increase. Thus, employing security guards helps establish a balance.... its potentially a win on two fronts.

------

That said, some are better than others... just the other day I was reversing at a Condo I'd not been to before. My Wife got out the car with my Son before I reversed. The Condo guard was waving me back when my Wife stopped me... I'd lightly scratched the wheels on the Curb....  the security guards response?... "Mai Pen Rai !!!!"... Of course, it was my fault, I should not have been lazy and adjusted my mirrors to see the curb-stone instead....

13 hours ago, webfact said:

the driver spat at the security guard repeatedly

Dirty, disgusting, filthy, ignorat, inbreed rat! 

A vile, despicable act. 

He may have money, but he most certainly doesn't have a proper upbringing. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wouldn't say the guards are overrated... Who rates them? Thai's don't.. I don't either, they don't really do much and I doubt that anything other than their mere presence has any effect on a possible crime, which I guess is what thats about !...

And.... perhaps there is more to it than this... This is 'job creation'... so many small positions that are almost unnecessary are filled, there is no social welfare here so its good that these guys are earring something. If the employment rates worsened, crime would increase. Thus, employing security guards helps establish a balance.... its potentially a win on two fronts.

------

That said, some are better than others... just the other day I was reversing at a Condo I'd not been to before. My Wife got out the car with my Son before I reversed. The Condo guard was waving me back when my Wife stopped me... I'd lightly scratched the wheels on the Curb....  the security guards response?... "Mai Pen Rai !!!!"... Of course, it was my fault, I should not have been lazy and adjusted my mirrors to see the curb-stone instead....

Yes i should not rate them so then they cant be overrated. Yes i see sone maintenance guys every day here with their brooms sweeping up  3 or  4 leaves they really into it then the next day comes again but even sometimes twice in a day..Necessary not really.