Poll -- the golden age of television addiction, how bad are you hooked?

Jingthing

So many good shows, so little time!  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

To me, Apocalypse Now is the best movie of all time (my favorite anyway) and the ending is completely flawed, but the rest of the movie pushes it over the top.

On that subject, Six Feet Under has one of the best endings for a series that I can remember.

Apocalypse Now is also my favorite movie.

Once I was in one of those touchy feely management retreats.  The facilitator went around the room and asked everyone what was their favorite movie.  When I said "Apocalypse Now" he replied with "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

I've recently re-watched The Spy Who Came in From the Cold and it is now is a very close second, perhaps a tie.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Worst ending ever IMO was Lost.

The first 3 years were excellent IMHO. but downhill from there. I kept watching because I liked the original characters so much and I hoped it might improve, but it was a waste of time in retrospect.

On 9/30/2017 at 5:31 AM, Ulysses G. said:

There are a lot of amazing programs out there and some go on for season after season. Rolling Stone Magazine says the Sopranos is the best TV show of all time. That is debatable, but I would probably agree.

100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time

There's never been a creative boom for TV like the one we are living through right now. Ever since The Sopranos changed the game at the turn of the century, we've been in a gold rush that gives no signs of slowing down. What better moment to look back and celebrate the greatest shows in the history of the art form?

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/100-greatest-tv-shows-of-all-time-w439520

Buffy the Vampire Slayer rated higher than The Rockford Files?  That's a joke. And Colbert rated higher than Fawlty Towers? Unbelievable. And Magnum PI not even included.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:25 AM, Ulysses G. said:

The first 3 years were excellent IMHO. but downhill from there. I kept watching because I liked the original characters so much and I hoped it might improve, but it was a waste of time in retrospect.

I guess they just ran out of original ideas, and the ending was just something they put together as they couldn't think of anything decent.

The crime is that not only was it a terrible ending, but it didn't explain the whole series in a satisfactory way.

Properly handled, we could still be watching Lost to this day. The premise was brilliant.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:19 AM, Ulysses G. said:

It is not Rolling Stone's opinion. It is based on a poll of film enthusiasts.

Correction, it was based on the opinion of people that were polled. Several zillion people out there that didn't vote.

It's like the Oscars- I could never understand why they pick some of the rubbish they do till I found out who votes in it.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? It was so good I never bothered to watch it.

I'm not sure that means much, but LOTS of other people did and it lasted 7 years.

18 reasons Buffy The Vampire Slayer was the best show on TV

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/10/18-reasons-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-was-the-best-show-on-tv-5095994/

• 2 weeks later...

The problem can be that shows run for to long and start to repeat themselves so a show that you reslly enjoy by season 4 you cant be bothered to watch Ray Donovan is a prime example.really liked it now cant be bothered.i download everything .luckily my wife does not like tv much and will wstch what is on , although she likes old comedy shows like are you being served and at the moment is watching lark rise to candelford. She also really loved the vicar of Dibly. She cant stand Thai soaps.thank you God.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The problem can be that shows run for to long and start to repeat themselves so a show that you reslly enjoy by season 4 you cant be bothered to watch Ray Donovan is a prime example.really liked it now cant be bothered.i download everything .luckily my wife does not like tv much and will wstch what is on , although she likes old comedy shows like are you being served and at the moment is watching lark rise to candelford. She also really loved the vicar of Dibly. She cant stand Thai soaps.thank you God.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app