New Phone Purchase in Thailand

Rc2702

Having just bought a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge under contract greatly reduced because 2016 model have to say its the dogs bollacks of a phone. Probably never use 95% of the features lol but nevertheless its gorgeous. Better than all phones ive had combined previously

Provided I look after it (and have put covers on) this will do me 5 years +

Xiaomi fan - got Redmi 3 Pro last August, been a stable and excellent device.  Came with Chinese ROM but I flashed to Global - make sure if you get one it has the Global ROM installed

Next phone will be a Xiaomi too - although I like to get at least a couple of years use out of my mobiles before upgrading

Oddly enough I spotted Xiaomi phones for sale in Tesco last week, of all places (Samui to be precise)

22 hours ago, Chivas said:

Having just bought a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge under contract greatly reduced because 2016 model have to say its the dogs bollacks of a phone. Probably never use 95% of the features lol but nevertheless its gorgeous. Better than all phones ive had combined previously

Provided I look after it (and have put covers on) this will do me 5 years +

Did the same a few weeks ago.  Picked one up from an AIS shop when I changed my contract (which I wanted to do anyway) for 13,500, deduct the 7,000 I sold my iPhone 6 for and I ended up paying just 6,500.  Most impressed, only changed as I'd gotten sick of trying to manage the 16GB memory on the iP6 and decided I'd got fed up of shelling out top shelf prices for current year flagships.  Checked in the Samsung store and they were still selling them for 24,900.  So, bargain.  In all honesty I'd have rather bought a Pixel but they're still going for 20K or so, it just wasn't worth another 7k to me.  Plus of course, the Pixels are all grey imports, no warranty cover here in LOS if your'e unfortunate to get one that dies or develops a problem.  Paranoid maybe but I prefer to buy things upwards of 10k with some kind of warranty.

LG G3 since 2014! next will be G6 great machines and always in the top 3 of best phones. You pay some but you get some....

Can be bought here...at least I have not found a reseller apart from lazaa and siamphone

Edited by jumbo
added information

Using an Asus zenfone max, tank of a phone, 5000mAh battery, 18 months use, no issues, well part from weight.  Probably will look at the Motorola G5s plus, or Nokia 6/8 soon. Wife has an Oppo Joy 3, terrific little phone, all you would need if you wanted a kiss phone.

Xiaomi are excellent.  I am using one right now to write this post.  It is a Remi4 with a deci processor.  I think K it's every bit as good as any.  2 things I have found that I don't like. The dictionary like to take over what you write. And because the screen has a bevelled edge a hardened glass protector doesn't go right to the edge and the protector can break easier than normal.
Easy to disable the predictive text.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Update.

In NE thailand I have only spotted the following brands where I am currently.

Samsung
Huawei 
Oppo

Xiaomi not seen one yet will try tesco as per poster comment.

Or try AIS, Dtac, T**e, Jaymart or any of the other chain retailers found in your local shopping mall.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant