Wood Cigar Boxes Wanted

Just Weird

I am looking for 2 or 3 old (empty) cigar boxes, I need the wooden type not the thick cardboard type.  Condition is unimportant as long as they are intact and usable.

If anyone has any, or knows where they could be found in Bangkok or it's surrounds, I'd appreciate the tip.  (I know that I could get them by buying boxes of cigars but that is not going to happen!)

Thanks for any useful input.

Edited by Just Weird

A while ago, a friend also wanted some old style cigar boxes, same as you describe.  He cultivated and ingratiated himself with  several ladies who managed cigar kiosks at a few upscale hotels in Bangkok; the JW Marriott for one, and succeeded in getting the boxes he desired. 

It did cost him a box of chocolates or two.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

A while ago, a friend also wanted some old style cigar boxes, same as you describe.  He cultivated and ingratiated himself with  several ladies who managed cigar kiosks at a few upscale hotels in Bangkok; the JW Marriott for one, and succeeded in getting the boxes he desired. 

It did cost him a box of chocolates or two.

That's a good suggestion although I can't think of any hotels with cigar kiosks.  Which Marriott was it?

1 hour ago, anto said:

Take a trip to Bali .Cigars often come in a wooden carved box .I still have one but live in Chiang mai .

Thanks, I know they come in wooden boxes that's why I'm trying to find some!

Have you got a photo of the one you've got, is it available, how much and would you put it in the post to Bangkok?

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Thanks, I know they come in wooden boxes that's why I'm trying to find some!

Have you got a photo of the one you've got, is it available, how much and would you put it in the post to Bangkok?

I will have to go searching for it in the house .I prefer to keep it as a momento ,of my Bali visit .Had the best cigars of my life there for a pittance in the year 2000 .Have had to give up smoking cigars since as i developed a smokers cough .Will post a photo when i locate it .

Just now, anto said:

I will have to go searching for it in the house .I prefer to keep it as a momento ,of my Bali visit .Had the best cigars of my life there for a pittance in the year 2000 .Have had to give up smoking cigars since as i developed a smokers cough .Will post a photo when i locate it .

Only post the pic if you want to get rid, it sounds as though you don't.  Thanks anyway.

11 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thanks, I'll have a look.

You could also ask some of the other cigar retailers in Bangkok such as My Cigar Corner and Cohiba Atmosphere both in Soi Ruamrudee, and some of the Pacific Cigar Company outlets such as the P&L CLub in the Conrad Hotel and the one in the basement of the Grand Hyatt Erawan. There's a few others such as Dude Cigar in Sukhumvit 31 (RSU Tower), and Whisgars in Soi 23.

6 hours ago, mark5335 said:

You could also ask some of the other cigar retailers in Bangkok such as My Cigar Corner and Cohiba Atmosphere both in Soi Ruamrudee, and some of the Pacific Cigar Company outlets such as the P&L CLub in the Conrad Hotel and the one in the basement of the Grand Hyatt Erawan. There's a few others such as Dude Cigar in Sukhumvit 31 (RSU Tower), and Whisgars in Soi 23.

That's great, appreciate those tips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 26/09/2017 at 11:33 AM, Just Weird said:

I am looking for 2 or 3 old (empty) cigar boxes, I need the wooden type not the thick cardboard type.  Condition is unimportant as long as they are intact and usable.

If anyone has any, or knows where they could be found in Bangkok or it's surrounds, I'd appreciate the tip.  (I know that I could get them by buying boxes of cigars but that is not going to happen!)

Thanks for any useful input.

Best thing to do (as there are likely no after-market Cigar companies as members here) is to ask in Cigar shops in the Bangkok area, isn't it?

Edited by Gjk7777

27 minutes ago, Gjk7777 said:

Cigar shops do not sell used, empty cigar boxes so they do not know the market price of them.

Oh dear.......I can confirm that this Cigar shop in Bangkok sells used wooden cigar boxes as per Facebook message, so that completely blows your wrong assumption out of the window, if you want to try and be clever please try and do some research first.

http://www.vapourhouse.com/index.php?controller=stores

Edited by Gjk7777

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Pretty good cigar shop down in Pattaya if heading that way.  Might turn something up.

Thanks, appreciate your comment.

I did find an alternative 5 months ago but some 'comedian' chose to dig the thread up again for his own amusement.

12 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Vapourhouse does not sell used, empty cigar boxes which is what I was looking for.  To quote you, "if you want to try and be clever please try and do some research first".

I have messaged them on Facebook and they have a selection of used boxes for sale! I have indeed done my research.