No VPN's work on my computer as of this morning

canuckamuck

I was having problems with my VPN last night, couldn't stream TV through True ISP. Seemed like something was going on but have no idea what. These issues just seem to come and go.

Switching in my VPN this AM, I still have internet access so likely perculair to your VPN, or a particular server.

Edited by jacko45k

Have you tried selecting a different VPN protocol ?

Typically the software will allow you to select either PPTV, L2TP, OPENVPN etc...

I had an issue where PPTV would not work, and had to select a server that supported L2TP/openvpn for a period of time.

Transpires that PPTV was being blocked on a local level, (possibly ISP), but as openvpn cannot be blocked, ( it doesn't use a single port), I was still able to connect.
It just might be a vpn software issue on your machine, but try a different protocol just in case...

Some VPNs work with a limited number of servers, and if so are easily blocked.  But if it's working again now...    Also, some (many?) streaming services are sensitive to the use of VPNs as well (not liking them because they can be used to circumvent their foreign use TOS).  If it was just a temporary thing and all's well now, maybe there was just some kink somewhere along the way with DNS or asymmetric routing or whatever that was interfering with VPN tunnel setup.

18 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

This morning I though TOT was having a problem with their signal as I couldn't get any web page to open. Turned off my VPN and internet works fine.

Tried two other VPN's same problem. No internet at all.  Anyone else have this

install TOR browser then you don't need VPN

4 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Dose that work with BBCi player and sky go?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You can't be tracked down with TOR, and I downloaded different TV shows from ITV and others. There is also an option for "temporarily allowed" in TOR. Try it

20 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

This morning I though TOT was having a problem with their signal as I couldn't get any web page to open. Turned off my VPN and internet works fine.

Tried two other VPN's same problem. No internet at all.  Anyone else have this

Had similar problem w weeks ago. We had a new wireless system installed and when finished my Zenmate VPN had stopped working. 3 days later I get an email from Zenmate to say sorry, their server was down. Just coincidence? Who knows, but all ok on 4th day.

2 hours ago, juice777 said:

Anyone know a free VPN what works for BBCi player and sky go?  I used to use cyber ghost but it don't seem to work now. 

VPN proxy master but you'll need to upgrade to VIP which is only £2-3 per month,well worth it as you can select which countries server you want (so uk in your case) . Then no ads either and the speed is better. It works on all the uk  TV channels .

I use True and will be SO happy to kick them to the curb in a few weeks. They have openly admitted to throttling their internet when downloading torrents. I use a VPN and every night, after returning from work, I choose the shows I want to watch for the evening. I have to bounce around to different locations (Seattle, Singapore, etc) until I find one they're NOT throttling. That's my story and I'm sticking to it . . .