Prayut says Yingluck in Dubai now

webfact

1 minute ago, moegreen said:

If she did not lie and used her real name. It would be public record. No one has any idea where she is. She could be dead for all we know.

I do agree that her whereabouts are not truly known, she could be still in Thailand for all we know!

On the balance of probabilities, then Dubai is favourite, in reality it is useless information anyway, as there is more chance of it snowing in Bangkok than her ever returning to serve the sentence.

Future Thai PM's need to learn from Prayut and utilise article 44 to avoid prosecution.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai PM says former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is in Dubai

tag-reuters.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Ousted former Thai prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra greets supporters as she arrives at the Supreme Court in Bangkok,Thailand, August 1, 2017. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha/File Photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Thursday former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is currently in the United Arab Emirates.

"She is in Dubai," Prayuth told reporters, adding that the Thai foreign ministry has been tracking Yingluck's whereabouts.

"The police will now have to proceed and coordinate with the Foreign Ministry and Interpol," the Prime Minister said.

Thailand's Supreme Court convicted and sentenced former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra in absentia to five years in prison on Wednesday for mismanaging a rice subsidy scheme.

Aides said she had fled Thailand, fearing a harsh sentence. Last month, Reuters reported that she had escaped to Dubai, where her brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, owns a home.

(Reporting by Pracha Hariraksapitak, writing by Panu Wongcha-um; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-09-28

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut said: “I told you that the law is the law. Everyone is under the same law. When a verdict is issued all have to abide by it.”

And some people think that Thais don't do sarcasm.

Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago that he was saying "I can do whatever I want" ?

No surprise she's living w/ "Puppeteer from Dubai"; since he engineered the whole exit process taking up "favours" both in Thailand & Cambodia. 

Still no mention as to where her son is??? Nor her "husband" not heard of for ages!!

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Many people on the run are hiding in Dubai these days, i wonder what the Leaders of Dubai think about that since it's ruining their reputation.

The Leader of Dubai, will welcome the rich billionaire types who probably make suitable donations.

The reality in the UAE is that Abu Dhabi has most of the wealth and Dubai is the poor relation. The Abu Dhabi rulers don't like bad publicity which is why if you remember a few years ago Thaksin was told not to conduct any political activities from the UAE. That instruction, I suspect, came from AD to Dubai.

AD bailed Dubai out before and the details are always kept secret and discreet. That situation and having to do as he's told must really rankle the megalomaniac leader of Dubai. So any extra income streams very welcome.

1 hour ago, ldiablo72 said:

You think that 2 former Thai Prime ministers overthrown during a coup has any affect on Dubia' s reputation.
Hahaha, hilarious.

Only neither were actually overthrown in a coup - which says a lot for your reputation.

Hilarious 555!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai PM says former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is in Dubai

tag-reuters.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Ousted former Thai prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra greets supporters as she arrives at the Supreme Court in Bangkok,Thailand, August 1, 2017. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha/File Photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Thursday former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is currently in the United Arab Emirates.

"She is in Dubai," Prayuth told reporters, adding that the Thai foreign ministry has been tracking Yingluck's whereabouts.

"The police will now have to proceed and coordinate with the Foreign Ministry and Interpol," the Prime Minister said.

Thailand's Supreme Court convicted and sentenced former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra in absentia to five years in prison on Wednesday for mismanaging a rice subsidy scheme.

Aides said she had fled Thailand, fearing a harsh sentence. Last month, Reuters reported that she had escaped to Dubai, where her brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, owns a home.

(Reporting by Pracha Hariraksapitak, writing by Panu Wongcha-um; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-09-28

She is not in Dubai and that is a fact

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it would be funny as hell if Yingluck popped up somewhere else besides Dubai today just to prove him wrong.

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i actually she she might have been in the UK

Funny you should say that:

DUBAI (Reuters) - Former Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was in Dubai but left for London on Sept. 11, a source in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) said on Thursday.

' "She is in Dubai," Prayuth told reporters, adding that the Thai foreign ministry has been tracking Yingluck's whereabouts.'

They'd better track a bit harder then, hadn't they.

Edited by nausea
More info.

I think Prayut should declare war on the UAE for accommodating these terrible runaways!

That would be awfully funny.

One instance of a UAE soldier making a Thai lose face and the Thai forces would fall apart and spit out their collective dummies!

I would love to see Prayut's military strategies, as it seems he has absolutely no clue whatsoever in real life situations nor politics.

ONE MORE THING.

Did you know that The Yingluck  is not Thaksins sister.

Yingluck is Thaksins DAUGHTER. 

Many Thai people knows about that.

And is the unmarried daughter from a Thai woman in a village in Isan.

They cheat everybody.

1 hour ago, Alfa said:

ONE MORE THING.

They cheat everybody.

Yes, and I've also been told that they really aren't from this planet. They are in fact aliens from the planet Xphzxxch!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

On Tuesday, Prayut revealed that he knew about Yingluck’s whereabouts as he had spies.

He had promised to reveal more details after the court had read the verdict. Before the court read its verdict on Wednesday, Prayut had only said that Yingluck was in a foreign country.

Regarding the court verdict, Prayut said: “I told you that the law is the law. Everyone is under the same law. When a verdict is issued all have to abide by it.”

Prayut said an arrest warrant would be issued for Yingluck and efforts made to have her extradited.

“But whether we can get her back depends on the country where she resides.”

“I don’t see any difficulty. Let the police do their jobs,” he said.

Prayut said the Foreign Ministry is in the process of revoking Yingluck’s passport.

Every line contains either a joke or a lie or maybe both . . . what score do you get?

I make it Jokes 4 : Lies 6       Prayuth wins again

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

I think Prayut should declare war on the UAE for accommodating these terrible runaways!

That would be awfully funny.

One instance of a UAE soldier making a Thai lose face and the Thai forces would fall apart and spit out their collective dummies!

I would love to see Prayut's military strategies, as it seems he has absolutely no clue whatsoever in real life situations nor politics.

Declare War

He and most of the others would run a mile or 2 to china  before that ever happened, I hope he has a bunker somewhere far away as one day he will need it for sure.

3 hours ago, Alfa said:

ONE MORE THING.

They cheat everybody.

How do you explain this picture based on your theory.

lert-family.jpg

Lert and his daughters: (from left) Yoawares, Yingluck, Monthatip(?), Yaowapa

http://www.newmandala.org/the-shinawatra-family-tree/

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is now in Dubai, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha disclosed on Thursday.

Thank you glorious leader for disclosing this. Now Thai people know what they already knew. What a f........k..........n idiot this guy is.

Edited by dinsdale