Video: When will Thai drivers learn their lesson?

webfact

The bad, dangerous drivers of Thailand. ( thats most )

Know 100% what they are doing on the roads is wrong.

They just don't care.  why is this ?

They kill there friends, there Families even there children.

and have no real remorse for what they have done.

Thailand is sold as a calm, tranquil peaceful country

to the foreigners,  what a total lie,  that is. 

angry,   aggressive,  psycho's  is more like it.

Buddha would be so proud of them.

What a shameful race of people on the roads of Thailand.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't accept these comments that the problem is because Thais are stupid stubborn etc as you have people of a similar ilk in all countries

To me the issues are relatively simple, lack of training and realistic driving test and importantly lack of enforcement by the police.

In Australia it now takes 3 years to obtain your full license which is what my Thai wife did and she is an excellent and safe driver

I recall before random breath testing was introduced many people drank and then drove a car heavy police enforcement reduced it dramatically the same with speeding

The same with unlicensed and uninsured drivers in Oz you get towed away here they issue a ticket and let you drive away

Its not rocket science just the will to carry it out

21 hours ago, brling said:

Wow, that headline hit a raw nerve, and as usual our resident Thai apologists cries racist, and shouts "happens in every country.  Now compare the road traffic death stats. to every other country .

Please explain how you think I'm "apologising" for anything Thai? I get the impression you are using a catchphrase you don't understand in place of an actual counter opinion?

On 9/29/2017 at 9:53 AM, moe666 said:

Yes stupid is every where,  a few years ago a sad story about a man just retired from the US Navy who lay on top of some sheets of plywood to hold them down while his friend drove the car. Needless to say his retirement was cut short when he went air borne along with the sheets of plywood.

Agreed - as someone drove in North America, Australia, Europe and UK extensively, I could cite several bad load incidents - I could also cite many that were prevented by the police. As you say Thailand has no monopoly on fools (v. some of the posts on this thread) - the thing is I don't like to cite personal incidents or those "a friend told me" as the plural of anecdote is not data.

Race ius not the issue here - there is no Thai propensity to be more or less careful than anywhere alese in the world - in is the whole driving environment that needs to be studied in order to get an accurate and helpful  perspective                                       

12 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

The bad, dangerous drivers of Thailand. ( thats most )

Know 100% what they are doing on the roads is wrong.

They just don't care.  why is this ?

They kill there friends, there Families even there children.

and have no real remorse for what they have done.

Thailand is sold as a calm, tranquil peaceful country

to the foreigners,  what a total lie,  that is. 

angry,   aggressive,  psycho's  is more like it.

Buddha would be so proud of them.

What a shameful race of people on the roads of Thailand.

"What a shameful race of people on the roads of Thailand."

You are now openly playing the race card!!!

20 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Seems this proves again , Thai Drivers never check their Mirrors for anything or reason ,

For the simple reason that when you are not taught to drive properly you do not look in the mirror or follow all of the other procedures that “ qualified drivers” carry out

On 28/09/2017 at 7:24 PM, janpharma said:

It will never ever happen...because they are complete idiots...not only on the roads...

So, you reckon the Thai who posted this video did it only to show off his new dash cam?

On 9/29/2017 at 4:23 AM, roo860 said:

What's wrong with learning to drive an automatic from the start?

because automatic you can make when you have passed the driving skill with manual gear. In that order you will know the both way to drive a car. Then if there are to much traffic start half hour before you want to start then you don´t have to drive to fast.

Those thing i write about it´s the way you have to do if you want to have driving license to car in Denmark.

When will Thai drivers learn their lesson?

Never. If teachers of a big high school do not give a toss that all the students are racing around on campus, nothing will change. If the educators aren't educated, "Houston, we have a problem."

On 10/3/2017 at 9:51 AM, beowolf2012 said:

because automatic you can make when you have passed the driving skill with manual gear. In that order you will know the both way to drive a car. Then if there are to much traffic start half hour before you want to start then you don´t have to drive to fast.

Those thing i write about it´s the way you have to do if you want to have driving license to car in Denmark.

And you're driving on the wrong side.:post-4641-1156693976:

8 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

And you're driving on the wrong side.:post-4641-1156693976:

Driving on the wrong side of the road pretty common here Only thing i dont like is when they are driving down the wrong side of the road  they expect you to give way to them. Car Licenses and degrees are handed out like handing out candy to kids here No skill to get them.

• 2 months later...
On 28/09/2017 at 3:52 PM, smudger1951 said:

I have allways found it difficult to understand the huge contradictions in this Buddist country where the great Budda gave away all material things to reflect on the true meaning and perhaps meaningless of life. Yet people demonstrate greed for the material things to improve their lives and then show no regard whatsoever for themselves safety or others or others. I can only try to understand this beautiful addictive country. 

Buddhism is just a show. Face...