More media jumps on the filthy Pattaya beach bandwagon

webfact

Beach !!!  who goes to Pattaya for the beach ???   I just been there and did have a swim, sea is full of brown stuff that I presume is shit ?  Had one swim and no more, unless in hotel swimming pool.   Only see about 4 or 5 people swimming at any given time,, mostly no one.. 

If you want nice beach go to Vietnam... 

I live at Patong and even the sea there is not clear,, Kata beach a few minutes along the coast is much better.... 

To be  honest mostly thai locals at night time by the beach throws what ever and of course the great Russian tourists who think they have the right to do what ever in this country . 

I think instead of tourist police it's time to have beach petrol police to enforce strict law on such polluting the beaches and they should have plenty of big designated dumping places for garbage 

7 hours ago, DinoSabanovic said:

Everyone know why tourists coming in Pattaya. Clearly not for clean beaches.

I nearly got banned for saying what i thought about pattaya but i only read it in thai visa, seems i was breaking thai visa rules........so everything is wonderfull in pattaya. Please no more fake news everyone !

Imagine if everyone who commented here grabbed a big plastic bag each day and met together at the beach , collected rubbish then dumped it at city hall car park everyday. May city planners take notice then.

BTW Aussie football final tomorrow at 11.30 on Australia plus channel.

100,000 people go to see because it's exciting not because of tight shorts. But seriously if any body organises a clean up beach day, join

in.

It doesn’t seem as bad in front of some hotels....I wonder if they have someone cleaning a bit in the mornings....at night and in the evening I always see rats the size of small cats on the sand and edge of boardwalk. 

18 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Its the same here in Phuket.

Beaches awash with rubbish and no Thai seems to give one hoot about it ...

Well at lest some idiot hasn't (yet) cut down all the native trees and replaced them with swathes of concrete and a few palm trees !

17 hours ago, stud858 said:

Imagine if everyone who commented here grabbed a big plastic bag each day and met together at the beach , collected rubbish then dumped it at city hall car park everyday. May city planners take notice then.

They would probably be prosecuted for dumping rubbish,tarnishing the good reputation of Pattaya city....not to mention working without a work permit.

:sad:

19 hours ago, slippery snake said:

Beach !!!  who goes to Pattaya for the beach ???   I just been there and did have a swim, sea is full of brown stuff that I presume is shit ?  Had one swim and no more, unless in hotel swimming pool.   Only see about 4 or 5 people swimming at any given time,, mostly no one.. 

Then again, during holidays and at weekends, the Thais love to swim in that sewage full of poo specially coloured sea, and enjoy seeing their kids swim in it, swallowing up some of it... No wonder that kids in Thailand have plenty of skin- and other health problems... :passifier:

17 hours ago, stud858 said:

BTW Aussie football final tomorrow at 11.30 on Australia plus channel.

100,000 people go to see because it's exciting not because of tight shorts. But seriously if any body organises a clean up beach day, join

in.

You could not clean it that way, as you'd have to do it not just each and every day, but also at least twice a day.

As for the authorities, I don't think they would give a hoot about a few foreigners collecting rubbish on the beach. You'd have to involve Thai media, which is, partly, happening now. Whether things will change in the foreseeable future is anyone's guess. I've seen the sea and beaches (and neighborhoods) full of rubbish in Pattaya, Cha-am, Phuket... since I first came to Thailand 20 years ago...

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:08 AM, bartender100 said:

That particular beach, being how its positioned does get all the rubbish washed up, always has. Its a bit of a peninsular 

I was on Jomtien  beach, about 2 kms along from there twice this week, and it was just as bad, if not worse than that picture, so it's not just that beach. I go there regularly every few months and I've never seen it like that before. I don't know where it's coming from but I've got a few ideas!

On 9/29/2017 at 8:12 AM, koto said:

Aloha

Gerry aka KOTO has been cleaning the Jomtien Beach and others in Thailand, for the past 16 years, putting up and passing out posters in many languages (with pictures) all approved by Pattaya City Hall also asking them to impose fines, having litterbugs doing community service, in some cases jail time...

KOTO has learned that the storm drains used as dumpsters and most boat people are some of the main problems as is many beach goers, Thai and Farang, this once a year beach cleaning isn't doing any good, just getting write ups, there are plenty of prisoners with minor charges, would love to be outside cleaning a beach, Seems like the new people in charge are making a mistake in their priorities, to much to fast, making mistakes along the way...

KOTO did his best, sorry it wasn't good enough...     

14.2.jpg

14.jpg

FB_IMG_1430644723692.jpg

253048_296877263750471_2131774400_n.jpg

0001 copy.jpg

12.jpg

FB_IMG_1435852051683.jpg

Doesn't seem to be working too well does it?

Any why feed the stray mutts?

It's like giving rhinoceros horn to Chinese men...as though a country with 1.2 billion or more people need virility enhancements.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:05 PM, webfact said:

PATTAYA: -- Yet more Thai media is joining the growing chorus of voices to have something done about the filthy state of the beaches in Pattaya.

Chinese don't seem to mind so whats the problem?

Oh I know most decent Farangs avoid the place as they do not like swimming with turds.

• 2 months later...

So the way to clean the beaches is to produce  hundreds of  plastic , laminate posters and stick them  on the trees  - hmmm  wonder why I havent seen that anywhere else .

- bet the marine life love lunching on  those little degraded pieces when they  eventually get to the ocean .........