Fugitive ex-PM Yingluck Shinawatra seeks asylum in UK

snoop1130

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, halloween said:

While certainly top heavy, Thai military spending (1.4% GDP) is quite modest compared to most countries, including yours. (UK 1.9% GDP). Do you post on UK forums similar to here?

The UK government defends and helps the world my friend with a lot less troops on the payroll, this lot can't even win a pow wow with next door.

As for Generals even the US has less.

While certainly top heavy, Thai military spending (1.4% GDP) is quite modest compared to most countries, including yours. (UK 1.9% GDP). Do you post on UK forums similar to here?

It's just as well the UK doesn't have any social problems that require additional funding oter wise you might be complaining about spending 6 billion quid on submarines, along with a long list of new purchases.

I think that you are just trying to pick a fight.

Trolling.

7 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

The UK government defends and helps the world my friend with a lot less troops on the payroll, this lot can't even win a pow wow with next door.

As for Generals even the US has less.

Yes top heavy, didn't you see that? What has the number of troops got to do with anything, or that Thailand doesn't try to be the world's policeman's deputy? You are happy to criticise military spending here, and every social problem gets a submarine comment, but it considerably less by percentage GDP than your own country. Don't they have problems that need sorting?

Do you approve the UK spending 6 billion quid on subs?

On 10/5/2017 at 12:09 AM, William C F Pierce said:

Not where asylum is concerned. Under some cercumstances extradition can even be blocked to the USA from the UK

Yes William...for the death sentence...as with all of the European countries , no one will send someone back to any Death sentence country..if there crime warrants that.

15 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Yes William...for the death sentence...as with all of the European countries , no one will send someone back to any Death sentence country..if there crime warrants that.

Not quite true. They will extradite if they are given assurance the death penalty will be ruled out for that case.

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

not as far as i know but the basis of a constitution, the one some agreed with and signed too. could be wrong. 555 like to throw an argument out there

The  UK   and   most  of  the   Commonwealth   countries ( if  not  all)  have  no  written  constitution. Instead  the  understanding  of   what is  considered  a  Constitution  is  the  recognition of   law  and  regulations as  passed   by any  elected  Government. That  is  apart  from   long standing conditions  related  to  the  British  Royalty as  protocol.

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

The  UK   and   most  of  the   Commonwealth   countries ( if  not  all)  have  no  written  constitution. Instead  the  understanding  of   what is  considered  a  Constitution  is  the  recognition of   law  and  regulations as  passed   by any  elected  Government. That  is  apart  from   long standing conditions  related  to  the  British  Royalty as  protocol.

had no idea. thanks. i like to learn. 

On 10/2/2017 at 12:10 PM, halloween said:

Yes top heavy, didn't you see that? What has the number of troops got to do with anything, or that Thailand doesn't try to be the world's policeman's deputy? You are happy to criticise military spending here, and every social problem gets a submarine comment, but it considerably less by percentage GDP than your own country. Don't they have problems that need sorting?

Do you approve the UK spending 6 billion quid on subs?

Yes as long as it keeps idiots in there place as we all know there are far to many in this world, far to many in your neck of the woods.

Edited by wakeupplease

On 29/09/2017 at 8:09 PM, Reigntax said:

Good for her. She can live in a country where the basis of law and rights was drafted almost 800 years ago rather than redrafted every 4 years.

34 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

The  UK  has  a  written  constitution?   

I'm sure this was a reference to the Magna Carta - which (IMHO) is rightly described as "the basis of law and rights" in the UK.

21 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm sure this was a reference to the Magna Carta - which (IMHO) is rightly described as "the basis of law and rights" in the UK.

Yes.  In  reference. And  as  such  protects  the   right  to peaceful protest. I  do  not  know  of  any written  constitution  that  does  not  limit  that. But   still  often an  abused right  if  it  offends  the   money  grubbers.

On 09/10/2017 at 7:58 AM, oxo1947 said:

Not necessarilly. Political persecution is also grounds for asylum. Under military rule Thailand is not recognised at present as a democratic country, by other democratic countries. It is a very obscure situation, so anything could happen.

3 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

Not necessarilly. Political persecution is also grounds for asylum. Under military rule Thailand is not recognised at present as a democratic country, by other democratic countries. It is a very obscure situation, so anything could happen.

My Death sentence quote had nothing to do with political  asylum  William, Under EU Rules you do not get sent back to any country, democratic (USA) or not, If you are libel for the death penalty .

No one was suggesting that Ms Yingluck is libel for the death penalty.