Fish oil from Amway

Aforek

today, my GF bought, from a woman who works with Amway , a bottle of 90 capsules of Fish oil ( brand Nutrilite ); normal price ( written under the bottle)  is 1000 bahts, and she paid 800 bahts ( don't know why )

what do you think of Neutrilite and Amway?  ; is it good for the health , expensive ?

there are many sorts of fish oil , so I don't know what to choose 

thanks 

ps: I notice that on the other bottles I have seen, it's written " omega 3 ", but on the nutrilite bottle, nothing like " omega 3 "; what does it mean ? 

here it is : https://shopee.co.th/Nutrilite-Fish-Oil-i.19684321.282476714

Edited by Aforek

It is Salmon Oil and it does have Omega 3 in it. I think pretty good stuff 

As far as health there have been many claims and counterclaims of benefits but hard to prove or disprove. I took for many years and I think it improved my cardiovascular health (cholesterol and triglycerides) numbers when I was taking it.

In reply to the question what do I think of Amway

The ultimate pyramid selling organisation in the world, family owned exceedingly successful, they also own a large private Island in the Bahamas ( they claim it is not pyramid selling but multilevel marketing)

Generally I believe the majority of their products are high quality, with equally high price, if money is not important then shop there

A lot of product is sold by leaning on friends, and almost embarrassing them if they do not buy, which I do not like

Most of their products can be bought elsewhere at much lower cost, the only product I have been unable to find elsewhere is their stain remover Loc, which is excellent

They motivate a very large sales force exceptionally well, it is almost a cult, if you ever get a chance go to a sales meeting, maybe 300/500 people all singing and chanting their own praises, it is very amazing, almost a religion 

Some people have made very large money by having a large sales force below them

As an organisation I admire them greatly,  achieving what they have,  Do I buy from them ? NO they are too expensive

Thanks for the answers, I have heard of this pyramid selling organisation  and I don't intend to enter this system

what I see from above is that their products are good, and , comparing with other fish oil, 90 capsules for 800 bahts don't seem more expensive than the others

I have read from other posts than iherb ( online, no post duty with Thailand ) is pretty good and cheap

and really, is fish oil so good ? ( I have a moderate high blood pressure and moderate diabet and get a treatment already  ) 

Be aware this, like aspirin, can be an issue and should be used under a doctors supervision rather than as a daily vitamin.  I was taken off both fish oil and aspirin as on plavix now (and I did not have bleeding issues that were apparent).  

FYI:  the prescription form of Omega 3 sold here is called Omacor and is really expensive.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, ThaiPauly said:

I use Fish Oil 500 from Giffarine, I imagine it's similar to Amway's stuff.

I don't know what is in it as the description on the label is in Thai

I think it's about the same system, pretty expensive

I have ordered some from I herb, it will come to my home next week, I guess ; not expensive , from USA ( payed with Paypal ) ; 

3-4 times cheaper than Amway ( but Amway 1 pill/day, iHerb 2 pills / day  )