Supermarket - dark side.

emilymat

I've lived by lake Mabprachan on Siam CC Road for 12 years. During that time I have always hoped someone would build  a supermarket, so avoiding the need to go into Pattaya to Big C etc.

Anyway, I happened to visit the Eastiny Freshfood supermarket that has recently opened by the new petrol station on SCC road. It is an excellent store, well laid out with almost everything I used to go to Big C for.

It's clear that these dreadful road works on SCC road - which have been going on for over 2 years now, and driving us all potty,  are/will affect the number of customers. Like many, I've just got on the motorway to avoid the hassle and so by-pass this supermarket generally. It was only luck today that I decided to come up SCC from Sukhumvit.

I just hope it's a success and that SCC road becomes fully open before the store decides it does not warrant being there. (There were only 2 customers, counting me, in there at midday today.)

If you live the dark side, give it a try.

OK, googled it. Eastiny Park Fresh Food inside Eastiny Park Community Mall. That place will die on the vine if they don't fix SSCC. Same for any petrol station in that area. Good find though and if one wants to do the dodge and weaver to get in and out.

epff.jpg.505dabb34033b25f4a91ca61899fa9a4.jpg

I understand the manager of the supermarket is from Foodland. Additionally there is a restaurant inside modeled on the Foodland as well, food is very nice and reasonable. I am sure the supermarket will do very well and is a great addition to those of us who dread crossing Sukhumvit. The adjacent Shell service station is also a welcome addition.