what happens at airport if your denied entry

38 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

Last year (2016) I entered and stayed in Thailand 5 times on visa exempt entries staying anywhere up to the limit and once on a SETV. I was never held up or asked any questions relating to reason for stay or cash reserves. 

Mad mentiones by UbonJoe I have doubts you’d even be looked a twice with the 28 day intervals

Those doing exactly what the OP describes, on/off due to working in oil, have been told "no more" and "get a visa next time" when entering by air - even though there is no visa which is remotely appropriate.  There is the METV, but that could require a very long, out-of-the-way flight to obtain from one's country of permanent-residence - so, in reality, that wont' work, either. 

During the initial 'crackdown' on these folks using Visa-Exempts, where even offered-proof of their incomes and employment was not considered, many announced they were going to spend their money in Vietnam or Cambodia, instead.  Those countries are happy to have offshore-workers spend their earnings there.

But I have not seen many of these reports lately, so perhaps Immigration have revised how they treat those who are frequent Visa-Exempt users who do not remain in the country enough to possibly be 'working illegally' here.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, YetAnother said:

answered by 007 Red; thanks

Er yes but?

My phone has internet so I'd just book a flight online to where ever I wanted.....?

Why not?