DPM Prawit orders crime crackdown in tourist destinations

webfact

11 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Going after people on overstay (particularly from certain countries) would definitely reduce criminal activity in those areas

How? Please enlighten us. I hope you're being sarcastic.

Most of the worst villains in Thailand are there on legit visas as not to draw attention to themselves or they are Thai nationals.

If you follow some of the scurra rag 'news' sites in Thailand, sure the odd 'criminal' on an overstay gets nabbed usually for a petty crime which reflects their status like shoplifting or being drunk and disorderly. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Merylhighground said:

How? Please enlighten us. I hope you're being sarcastic.

Most of the worst villains in Thailand are there on legit visas as not to draw attention to themselves or they are Thai nationals.

If you follow some of the scurra rag 'news' sites in Thailand, sure the odd 'criminal' on an overstay gets nabbed usually for a petty crime which reflects their status like shoplifting or being drunk and disorderly. 

Please tell me how you have come upon this information as I have been looking for statistics of this nature for the last couple of years,

If you have a website address with this info please send me a link ?

<yawn>    Crackdown No.  931,478 ...........  931,479 .............. 931,480 ......... 931,481 .............

There's a nuclear clock (stuck for the last 50 years at about 1 minute to midnight I think), and a national debt clock (almost time for another digit), and a world population clock (must be counting by 100s by now),,,,,   it's time for a "crackdown clock"!

Of coarse they  do But they hear this all the time and think wow Thats our boss talking sounds good. How can they do something? Most of them are on the payroll of these Mafia gangs Even there boss is Rest assured there will be no crack down and it will business as usual

Just big face saver to show the people they are trying to stamp out and crime and there police force is actually doing something about it 

Remember the junta seized power to stamp out corruption After 3 years has anything changed ?

11 hours ago, cracker1 said:

"Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan has ordered a crackdown on foreign Mafia gangs, dark influential figures and foreign illegal immigrants in tourist destinations nationwide."

Why would the DPM need to issue this order, Surely the Police and Army know what needs to be done ?

Probably they do but unless someone pays them more money they are not going to do it? :whistling:

9 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Locking up the Ladyboys would cut the crime figures.

Maybe, but there are greater groups of criminals than them. Cutting down the low hanging fruit does not kill the corrupt/criminal tree.

Did I say "low hanging"? Damn, this will surely open the floodgates of witticisms. :smile:

21 hours ago, hstew said:

Hmm, I seem to recall the police conducted some high level spec ops sting on the foreign bridge club in Pattaya and arrested the russian tourists feeding fish. This is impressive police work....NOT!

All in all prayut seems to have his priorities messed up as human rights violations abound, police corruption is endemic, murderers and criminal defendants flee the country frequently.

And don't forget the 'arrests' of some elderly folks playing a card game! :smile: 

(just realised you mentioned the bridge club - my apologies)

Probably this is as a result of lessons/training handed down from "on high"? Uselessness perpetuated.

Edited by lvr181
Correction