Crackdown On Cheating At Petrol Stations

george

A god starting point would be for the minister of scams at petrol station to force the owners into having a clear and visible display of numbers on the pumps window.

I don’t know about you guys but the next pump i can read clearly will be the first.

Like many others i have been cheated with having the previous motorbikes fuel added to mine which usually adds up to more than my tanks capacity.

The petrol station in Pattaya Thai has had the police called to settle a dispute on more than one occasion and the rip offs still continue there.

A fill up station to avoid.

As one or two of you have pointed out, the previous motorbike fill-up amount is left on the pump and passed on to the unsuspecting motorist.

Nothing will ever change until such times as the pumps clearly display the amount instead of having grey on black which only those with superman vision can see.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, get over it. Back in Europe, they constantly charged me for 80-84 liters, even though the handbook cleary stated that the Tank is 72+8. So I would have had to come in on the last drop of each line each time (well, maybe I did).

I remember some of the members posting about the shell station on Pattaya Tai scamming customers by not resetting the pumps. I was short of petrol one day and had to go there and the guy on the pump tried to scam me, lucky I'd been warned, he didn't get to scam me, but gave me a filthy look as if I was the one who was out of order. If the petrol companies want to put a stop to it, it's not only customer image but that they are losing money to their employees.

yeah i get that look alot 2......those guys got me 1 time so now i always check to make sure thet reset thee pump ....and i get real dirty looks 4 sure

Uncanny!!

The day after reading this thread I use a highway petrol station for the first time and as I was heading off on a road trip to Phi Mai. Smiling like they do they charged me 59bht to top off my tank. I know that when its down to 1/3rd of tank you can just get 60bht in. but I had room for about 20 or 30 tops. I had even looked at the pump but like a dumb@ss I had not noticed that there were two readouts. I was looking at the one not moving. Not alot I could do but pay.

Sure I was only ripped off 30bht but its the principle and I won't use them again. CNUTS.

A good argument for having a relationship with your local garage... I won't stray from my local few again...

• 2 weeks later...