Two Buri Ram men killed as bike hits parked truck

webfact

Two Buri Ram men killed as bike hits parked truck

By The Nation

25107ed36798e148e3c707b6e8101f4d.jpg

BURI RAM: -- Two men were killed when their motorcycle crashed into a parked truck in Muang Buri Ram early on Monday.

Police identified the dead as Nattapong Sameddee, 24 and Thongchai Jianram, 24.

Their motorcycle ended up under the truck’s rear axle in the collision near the Pattara Bophit intersection on Buri Ram-Prakonechai Road.

Truck driver Sawong Sae-lim, 58, was too early to deliver his shipment to its destination and was sleeping in his vehicle. The crash woke him up.

Thongchai had told his father, Chalong Jianram, that he’d be hanging out with a friend after his nightshift ended at 11pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328225

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-02

One more data point. 

Scooter riders dead, and the 4 wheel guy was just woken up by the collision.  If you can afford 4 wheels, side panels, a roof and seatbelts, you're 20-40 x less likely to die in a km of driving.

Condolences to the loved ones they leave behind to grieve.  I spent quite a bit of time in hospital last month with a Thai family whose kid was suffering from cancer, and anyone that tells you Thais don't love their kids, and don't get tons of support from their extended families is mistaken.  Sadly mistaken.  What I witnessed was awe inspiring.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

One more data point. 

Scooter riders dead, and the 4 wheel guy was just woken up by the collision.  If you can afford 4 wheels, side panels, a roof and seatbelts, you're 20-40 x less likely to die in a km of driving.

Condolences to the loved ones they leave behind to grieve.  I spent quite a bit of time in hospital last month with a Thai family whose kid was suffering from cancer, and anyone that tells you Thais don't love their kids, and don't get tons of support from their extended families is mistaken.  Sadly mistaken.  What I witnessed was awe inspiring.

Yes if you are going to park on the road legally or otherwise, and then have forty winks, I would also recommend something of substance

As for driving / riding, whatever the mode of transport you choose, operating it in a competent manner usually increases your chances of surviving that Km of travel

But not always of course, as you cant legislate for irresponsible jerks

As for how much Thais love their kids, I have no comment as I dont know

I do get the impression that a fair to middling amount of Thais dont take their parental responsibilities to their bin lids very seriously