Insurance agent hunted for stabbing rival firm’s agent after dispute loss

webfact

Insurance agent hunted for stabbing rival firm’s agent after dispute loss

By The Nation

326d62cbbccdb79098f8eaa67c6aca3b.jpg

Chon Buri police have launched a manhunt for a representative of a road accident insurance company who allegedly stabbed his counterpart from a rival firm after he lost a dispute over liability for an accident.

The Borwin police station in Chon Buri’s Siracha district obtained an arrest warrant against the unnamed representative of Viriya Insurance Co’s Borwin branch.

Police alleged that the representative stabbed and severely injured Nat Paopradit, 45, a representative of Mitrtae Insurance.

Nat’s girlfriend, Wassana Harnthaisiong, 36, who witnessed the incident, said Nat and the Viriya representative came to an accident scene at the Pak Ruam intersection in Tambon Borwin, where they engaged in a dispute over which vehicle was to blame for the accident.

Later, the dispute was resolved at the police station, where officers told the representatives that Viriya had to pay the damage costs for the vehicle insured with Mitrtae.

The girlfriend said when Nat was driving his pickup out of the police station, the Viriya representative waved him to stop. The two men engaged in a brawl in which Nat was stabbed four times.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328239

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-02

Thai Insurance companies (based on a survey of one; Thannachart) are rubbish.  They appear to have no shareholders and cheerfully pay out on all sorts of spurious claims.  In my case they paid out vast sums for medical expenses; a new motor bike to two under-age; speeding; licenceless tearaways who ploughed into my stationary car.  Aided and abetted by a bent Sattahip cop, I ended up paying over 80K despite having 1st class insurance with this 3rd class company.  Even if offered it free with a new car (it came with my new Honda) avoid it like the plague.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Thai Insurance companies (based on a survey of one; Thannachart) are rubbish.  They appear to have no shareholders and cheerfully pay out on all sorts of spurious claims.  In my case they paid out vast sums for medical expenses; a new motor bike to two under-age; speeding; licenceless tearaways who ploughed into my stationary car.  Aided and abetted by a bent Sattahip cop, I ended up paying over 80K despite having 1st class insurance with this 3rd class company.  Even if offered it free with a new car (it came with my new Honda) avoid it like the plague.

I have Bangkok Insurance for my car.  We were eating at a restaurant in Pitsanulok  and someone decided to make a U turn in front of it and smacked the back of our car parked on the curb.  We called the insurance company and they came out in about 15 minutes took photos of the damage and sent it to the office and got a repair quote back.  The agent told the guy he had to come up with 13,000 for the repair or he was getting the police involved.    Had to wait about another 30 minutes while the guy got all of the money.  Then had our car repaired later back home in Ratchaburi.  No rate increase for us either.  The surprising thing for me was that the guy that hit our car actually pulled over and stopped.