Visa Policy and Changes

I am going to ask my government in India to take it up with the Kingdom of Thailand. Indians may be having a bad reputation in Thailand but we regard Thais to be divine. For one thing, visa policy changes will open up Thai economy and it would start growing faster than China and India. 

6 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

A non-Thai writing to the government with suggestions? You've got to be kidding right?  Oh, no, you do not have a RIGHT to do anything in a country you're not a citizen of. 

I do not envisage Thais campaigning for freeing tourist visa from charges and other restrictions. As a tourist, I think I have to take it upon myself in the right way to petition for reforms. Current visa policies as ubonjoe helpfully reminds have not been much amended since 1979 and if you think about it it has hampered travel and indirectly affected the economy in a negative way. 

7 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

I am going to ask my government in India to take it up with the Kingdom of Thailand. Indians may be having a bad reputation in Thailand but we regard Thais to be divine. For one thing, visa policy changes will open up Thai economy and it would start growing faster than China and India. 

The likelihood of Thailand opening up its economy will occur when either pigs grow feathers or when the Thai elite throw up their hands and retire from making too much money.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

Admirable, but you will probably have more success if you send your suggestions to my  13 year old Shih Tzu. 1508595.GIF

Pass em on, wont you, these reforms will help Shih Tzu too. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Alien.

Have them refer to other nationalities with the right term please.

You got it! Tourists may be referred to as vistors/guests, those on employment visas as workers/professionals, others may be referred to as residents.

13 minutes ago, Will27 said:

So, people who have been caught on overstay should be released back into the community so they can take off?

Absolutely. WE NEED THE IMMIGRATION DETENTION CENTRE to be rechristened to OVERSTAY CENTRE. All those on overstay should be made to do community service before deportation. Work without pay but food and shelter provided at the centre until such time as your earnings do not pay for your flight out of the country.

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

2 hours ago, Aditi Sharma said:

I would like to volunteer and send suggestions on your behalf. Visitors please leave your suggestions here. I am visiting Thailand in a month or so. I will give them a printed list of suggestions in person if somebody would kindly give me an address. 

Why not sort out things in your own country first. No shortage of things that could be changed there. Assuming that you have some greater understanding of what Thailand needs to do is nonsense. 

Or you could ask why so many Indian tailors continue in business in Thailand even though they never have customers. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Why not sort out things in your own country first. No shortage of things that could be changed there. Assuming that you have some greater understanding of what Thailand needs to do is nonsense. 

Or you could ask why so many Indian tailors continue in business in Thailand even though they never have customers. 

I am asking my government to do away with the charges for tourist visas. 

I am not assuming that I have a greater understanding of what Thailand needs to do. Are you saying that  your government - I am assuming that you are a Thai national -- is not capable of considering my suggestions? I think that would be nonsense. 

Can you please tell me where I can find these Indian tailors in Thailand who dont get any customers. Hope they are not doing anything illegal. 

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

1 hour ago, Aditi Sharma said:

REWARD POINTS FOR EVERY VISA EXTENSION. 

After accumulating a certain number of points, they can be utilized for purchasing merchandise from Immigration like Thai Immigration mugs, tshirts, pens, caps etc. 

Is that written as a joke? It must be

If you want to try and change things then good luck to you but suggesting things like that to Immigration will give them their biggest laugh of the day

I think you're getting a little bit carried away, do you actually think that the Government want to reward us for staying here? They are making things harder at the current time, I doubt that they will want to start to reward people 

I am having serious doubts that you have ever been to Thailand despite your claim that you have

Edited by darrendsd

This has got to be the funniest thread in a long time !

I am afraid you are totally delusional thinking you can change the immigration policy of Thailand or your home country.

I hope you can put whatever you suggest in the Thai language, at least then they can have a bit of a laugh before they put it in the bin.

1 minute ago, darrendsd said:

Is that written as a joke? It must be

If you want to try and change things then good luck to you but suggesting things like that to Immigration will give them their biggest laugh of the day

I think you're getting a little bit carried away, do you actually think that the Government want to reward us for staying here? They are making things harder at the current time, I doubt that they will want to start to reward people 

I am having serious doubts that you have ever been to Thailand despite your claim that you have

Sir, I am only just trying to make a list of wishes and demands from visitors. It is healthy to have a laugh about it. I dont mind if the immigration people spit in my face fi it comes to that. I mean well. 

2 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

This has got to be the funniest thread in a long time !

I am afraid you are totally delusional thinking you can change the immigration policy of Thailand or your home country.

I hope you can put whatever you suggest in the Thai language, at least then they can have a bit of a laugh before they put it in the bin.

Trust me, you will find it hilarious when your wishes come true one day in the near future. Just let me know what you want to see changed. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Sir, I am only just trying to make a list of wishes and demands from visitors. It is healthy to have a laugh about it. I dont mind if the immigration people spit in my face fi it comes to that. I mean well. 

Demands? That one word proves you have never actually been here

Good luck with your "demands" Personally I think you're delusional 

• Like 1

All Overstayers may be taken from the Overstay Centre ( formerly the Immigration Detention Centre) by bus to their place of work.

They may be asked to do 12 hour shifts without pay.

They may be informed about their earnings.

When their earnings equal the cost of a ticket they may be deported.

All Overstayers may be taken from their places of work to the Overstay Centre by bus. 

We need a humane way of treating the inmates of the present Immigration Detention Centre which is no less than Guantanamo Bay.

• Haha 1

Just now, darrendsd said:

Why are you so hurt? Dont you have any expectations? Wishes? Just share with me. I will do the rest the best I can.

1 minute ago, darrendsd said:

You can join me if you want to. I will let the forum know when I land in Thailand. 

5 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

By the way I am an Indian. My native language is Hindi, not English. So please have some mercy if this does not come across well. I have been to Thailand many times but that is beside the point, right? My only ambition under this topic is to make a list of demand and wishes from visitors to Thailand, including mine own. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Dream on India is not on the list get over it. There must be a good reason why its not. So instead of trying to get everyone in the same boat why not ask immigration as to why India is not included. 

Possibly because Indians tend to bring everyone they know once they are settled in a country. Westerners dont do that. This could be why there are more Western counties on the list

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Why are you so hurt? Dont you have any expectations? Wishes? Just share with me. I will do the rest the best I can.

I have lived here to long to have expectations or wishes

This is Thailand, not some politically correct country, something you don't seem to understand

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

This is Thailand, not some politically correct country, something you don't seem to understand

Point taken, Sir. The Thais are not political at all and I am not interested in their politics either. I am merely making a list of demands on behalf of tourists to make changes in visa policy. 

6 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I suggest you have no concept of the real world and before trying to lecture to others I suggest you get a little information instead of trying to be so silly in your response.

I have also live here for years, maybe longer than you and I have lived in other countries around the world. Unfortunately you may not like what I say but it is a fact.

1 minute ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Point taken, Sir. The Thais are not political at all and I am not interested in their politics either. I am merely making a list of demands on behalf of tourists to make changes in visa policy. 

Good luck with your demands but to be honest I can not see them being considered by those that would consider a proposal

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

I suggest you have no concept of the real world and before trying to lecture to others I suggest you get a little information instead of trying to be so silly in your response.

I have also live here for years, maybe longer than you and I have lived in other countries around the world. Unfortunately you may not like what I say but it is a fact.

Good luck with your demands but to be honest I can not see them being considered by those that would consider a proposal

Sir I will show up with the list and try. 

Just now, Aditi Sharma said:

Sir I will show up with the list and try. 

Good luck I do wish you the best in your efforts but I really do not believe you have a chance of getting your suggestions as good as they may be accepted

• Like 1

Just now, gandalf12 said:

Good luck I do wish you the best in your efforts but I really do not believe you have a chance of getting your suggestions as good as they may be accepted

Thank you its alright if you do not have wishes or suggestions right now. But please do let me know if there is something that will make your heart jump for joy? I will try to make it a reality soon.

Are you taking it upon yourself to contact every country in the world to provide a standard visa policy for each of them? If not, why not? Visa Policy is a vital part of Immigration control and a very necessary part these days of Security Control. Can you imagine any country in the world considering requests for changes in its policy by an outsider who may have a vested interest in changes in policy that may threaten both Immigration and Security policies? Get real!