Visa Policy and Changes

REFORM SHEET

Tourist visas must be made free for everybody but charge for extension. 1st extension - 50 dollars, 2nd extension 100 dollars. Freeze it at 100 dollars. 
Abolish visa runs, consider it an extension if done within a period of 30 days and charge as above.

REWARD POINTS FOR EVERY VISA EXTENSION. 
After accumulating a certain number of points, they can be utilized for purchasing merchandise from Immigration like Thai Immigration mugs, tshirts, pens, caps etc.
( Badges as well).

champers would like:  abolition of 90 day reporting for those with a retirement extension on their visa

AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFIED FOR THAI CITZENSHIP WITHOUT INTERVIEW TO ANYBODY MARRYING THAI NATIONAL. 
CONFIRMATION OF CITIZENSHIP ONLY WHEN YOU RENOUNCE YOUR EXISTING CITIZENSHIP WITHIN 30 DAYS OTHERWISE THE AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION LAPSES. 

CREATION OF A FREE THAI FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE.

The Thai Friendship Circle to comprise the countries that are used for visa runs, ie, Myanmar Laos Vietnam Cambodia and Malaysia

Tourist visa -free, of course, acquired in any of the countries of Thailand Myanmar Laos Vietnam Cambodia and Malaysia entitles you to free movement in the circle for the period of 30 days ,(. during the currency of your visa). Pretty much like a Schengen visa. You can opt for the 1st extension costing 50 dollars, 2nd extension costing 100 dollars and so on in any country. The country where you do the extension gets to keep the money. 

Rc2707 would like: Alien. Have them refer to other nationalities with the right term please.

Tourists may be referred to as vistors/guests, those on employment visas as workers/professionals, others may be referred to as residents.

WE NEED THE IMMIGRATION DETENTION CENTRE to be rechristened to OVERSTAY CENTRE. All those on overstay should be made to do community service before deportation. Work without pay but food and shelter provided at the centre until such time as your earnings do not pay for your flight out of the country.

All Overstayers may be taken from the Overstay Centre ( formerly the Immigration Detention Centre) by bus to their place of work.
They may be asked to do 12 hour shifts without pay.
They may be informed about their earnings.
When their earnings equal the cost of a ticket they may be deported.
All Overstayers may be taken from their places of work to the Overstay Centre by bus. 

Overstayers may expect to be asked to work wherever the Immigration Department decides to at a fixed hourly rate.  Including cleaning toilets up to a certain standard.

Edited by Aditi Sharma
correction

54 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Possibly because Indians tend to bring everyone they know once they are settled in a country. Westerners dont do that. This could be why there are more Western counties on the list

You said it not me remember.

42 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:
41 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

I suggest you have no concept of the real world and before trying to lecture to others I suggest you get a little information instead of trying to be so silly in your response.

Then you say this to another member.

Pot kettle black.

Free Work Permit with your Tourist Visa.

If you have a set of employable skills, while you are applying for your Free Tourst Visa you may inform your embassy/consulate about it and they will give you your free work permit which will be valid during your visa. The work permit will be optional and subject to qualification decided by the embassy/consulate.

Work permit on arrival not available.

Edited by Aditi Sharma
correction.

50 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

I suggest you have no concept of the real world and before trying to lecture to others I suggest you get a little information instead of trying to be so silly in your response.

I have also live here for years, maybe longer than you and I have lived in other countries around the world. Unfortunately you may not like what I say but it is a fact.

Good luck with your demands but to be honest I can not see them being considered by those that would consider a proposal

No concept of the real world? Thailand is far from the real world and if you have lived here for as long as you claim you have you would know that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

No concept of the real world? Thailand is far from the real world and if you have lived here for as long as you claim you have you would know that

I totally agree that Thailand is far from the real world. We want it that way, dont we? But there are some rules that need fine-tuning mate, good ideas have been hanging fire since 1979. Time for a change, you think?

38 minutes ago, partington said:

If you all don't realise this is an elaborate joke you need a cup of strong coffee.

Sir would you like to freely contribute one idea? One change you would like to see in the current visa policy, regulations etc? 

Hello Aditi, i have a few suggestions : Welcome drink and jasmine garland on arrival, free transport to a central downtown location, special or at least same benefits for husbands of ladyboys, free 30 mins massage while waiting for departing flight. Remove the requirement to show 20k baht in cash and accept credit card or other evidence.

Edited by saakura
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, saakura said:

Remove the requirement to show 20k baht in cash and accept credit card or other evidence.

Doing away with all financial requirements, yes, for the rest you will have to speak to your package tour agent :)

11 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Doing away with all financial requirements, yes, for the rest you will have to speak to your package tour agent :)

What about tourists who do not come on package tours, i thought you are helping out everybody?

9 minutes ago, saakura said:

What about tourists who do not come on package tours, i thought you are helping out everybody?

Sir under the reform programme, the visas would be free. If anybody in the group wants to stay back they can apply for an extension of tourist visa. For the first extension $50, and for all extensions after that $100. For a period of 30 days. You even accumulate points on every visa extension which you can redeem for immigration merchandise like mugs caps badges etc. It will be your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient funds. 

Edited by Aditi Sharma
Edit

2 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Sir the visas would be free. If anybody in the group wants to stay back they can apply for an extension of tourist visa. For the first extension $50, and for all extensions after that $100. For a period of 30 days. You even accumulate points which you can redeem for immigration merchandise like mugs caps badges etc. 

Oh, so the free visas are only for those on group tours? That is unfair!

2 hours ago, Aditi Sharma said:

You got it! Tourists may be referred to as vistors/guests, those on employment visas as workers/professionals, others may be referred to as residents.

1 hour ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Lets not quarrel, mate. Any ideas/ suggestions, pls?

2 hours ago, Aditi Sharma said:

By the way I am an Indian. My native language is Hindi, not English. So please have some mercy if this does not come across well. I have been to Thailand many times but that is beside the point, right? My only ambition under this topic is to make a list of demand and wishes from visitors to Thailand, including mine own. Thanks for reading.

If the mods cannot see that this is an elaborate troll post, then I am dumbfounded.
Language of the first two posts quoted above clearly native English, and then the statement of not having English as a native language

By the way...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aditi_Sharma

Edited by Argus Tuft
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Argus Tuft said:

If the mods cannot see that this is an elaborate troll post, then I am dumbfounded.
Language of the first two posts quoted above clearly native English, and then the statement of not having English as a native language

By the way...

Hi Argus. I am not the actress. You flatter me kindly. Would you like to contribute an idea or suggestion and become a part of my reform campaign whether it achieves anything in reality or not. At least wouldn't you like to express your ideas on what changes you would have liked to have seen implemented?? Where is that more appropriate forum to share such ideas??

Edited by Aditi Sharma
Edit

4 minutes ago, Argus Tuft said:

By the way...

Aditi Sharma could easily be as common a name as say James Taylor. And are you seriously suggesting that Indians cannot be good at English?

1 minute ago, saakura said:

Aditi Sharma could easily be as common a name as say James Taylor. And are you seriously suggesting that Indians cannot be good at English?

By the way, my mental language is Hindi. When in Thailand, I intend to teach Hindi to anybody interested in learning the language free of cost. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Not at all. It is for all tourists.

Ok great. Free visa for all and free work permits. How about 50usd spending money to get you to a downtown currency exchange? And do away with the ridiculous arrival departure form?

1 minute ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Any ideas on visa/wp reform. Thanks.

No foreign national is going to effect changes in Thailand's visa policy. You would  be better suited addressing these concerns with the Indian Embassy in Bangkok instead of Thai officials.

Just now, tonray said:

No foreign national is going to effect changes in Thailand's visa policy. You would  be better suited addressing these concerns with the Indian Embassy in Bangkok instead of Thai officials.

How do you know?

He might have a few million baht in a suitcase for this so never say never.