Unacceptable Service By Suvarnabhumi Internation Airport

roswell43

l have been travelling via the new airport on many occasions, either business trip or vocation and l encounter so many problems with the airport services.

The worst one was on 30 Dec. The flight l took was AY0092 from Hong Kong. The plane cannot stop at the gate because the bridge wa not working properly. After the problem was fixed after more than 10 mins, we were allow to leave the place. However, when l try to find which belt to collect my luggage on the big notice board before goint to passport control, l could not find my flight. When l was the staff there, l was told not to trust the big notice board, better to check it after the passport control. After l clear the passport control control, l still cannot find my flight on the screen display!!!! And to me horror, all luggages were unloaded to a belt without any sign at all!!!!!!

l would like to know what happen to system on 30 Dec night. Why flight AY0092 was not display on the sign board? Why the airport staff are not helpful at all? How can a airport than operate for less than 6 mths start having equipment failure? :o

you were not in danger or lost at any time and you found your luggage easy - waiting 10 minutes on the plane should not happen but it can happen in any airport (the old as much as the new one)

Well, there are almost 20 belts for luggage collection after clearing the customer. With no information on which belt is your flight, try walking up and down, seach for your luggage. U think is a easy task and it is after midnight. What is the purpose of the arrival information for?

Yes, waiting in a plane for 10 minutes is normal. But is not normal when no check was done on the bridge before the plane is asked to park there. Some is not right.

I had exactly the same problem on a flight landing in late December. About 3 flights were not listed on the the luggage collection board, leading to a huge mob of confused people trying to find their bags. In the end my luggage came in on the belt for a flight from Udon Thani, even tho I flew from Krabi!! Go figure.

l would like to know what happen to system on 30 Dec night. Why flight AY0092 was not display on the sign board? Why the airport staff are not helpful at all? How can a airport than operate for less than 6 mths start having equipment failure?

...corruption

Edited by thai_narak

I believe the OP received unacceptable service from Finnair rather than Suvarnabhumi International Airport, and as such should contact them directly to make sure they are aware of this problem as it might be a recurring one.

Typically when a ground staff agent opens the aircraft door upon arrival they make an announcement that includes, among other things, the carousel number where the checked luggage from the flight can be found. Also you can always ask one of the ground staff, usually nearby when you exit the aircraft/jetway, for the baggage carousel number. The flight information board(s) in any airport can be challenging to read as they are constantly changing, and displaying all the code-shares for a single flight, so this can cause many people to become confused.

I actually just checked a bag into the new BKK for the first time (I usually just have a roll-a-board and a briefcase) and my bag was on the carousel alredy, after having walked from the arrival gate and cleared Immigration. It was 45 minutes from stepping off the aircraft and into my apartment near Ploen Chit.

All in all I've had fantastic experiences at the new airport ( 16 arrvials/15 departures ) and consider it to be much, much better than the old airport. I like the design, layout and general feel of the place.

l would like to know what happen to system on 30 Dec night. Why flight AY0092 was not display on the sign board? Why the airport staff are not helpful at all? How can a airport than operate for less than 6 mths start having equipment failure?

...corruption

l have no comment on this....but as far as l know, my e-mails to the e-mail address provided by AOT since last year is like going into a blackhole.....Talking about having the tallest control tower, fighting with KL or Singapore to be the aviation hub. With such management skill, this dream will forever be a dream. Sorry to say this....

• 4 weeks later...
l have been travelling via the new airport on many occasions, either business trip or vocation and l encounter so many problems with the airport services.

The worst one was on 30 Dec. The flight l took was AY0092 from Hong Kong. The plane cannot stop at the gate because the bridge wa not working properly. After the problem was fixed after more than 10 mins, we were allow to leave the place. However, when l try to find which belt to collect my luggage on the big notice board before goint to passport control, l could not find my flight. When l was the staff there, l was told not to trust the big notice board, better to check it after the passport control. After l clear the passport control control, l still cannot find my flight on the screen display!!!! And to me horror, all luggages were unloaded to a belt without any sign at all!!!!!!

l would like to know what happen to system on 30 Dec night. Why flight AY0092 was not display on the sign board? Why the airport staff are not helpful at all? How can a airport than operate for less than 6 mths start having equipment failure? :o

I too landed there at 1am on a China Air Lines flight from Taipei and our luggaage was put on a carousel which didnt have any signage to direct you to. So that was a little wierd. Using my instincts I located the carousel without too much trouble - it was located further east of passport control in a different sectioned part of the building. It was not cool to have to look for the carousel and there was no signage indicating the exsistance of it...

Thanks,,

Randy

I too landed there at 1am on a China Air Lines flight from Taipei and our luggaage was put on a carousel which didnt have any signage to direct you to. So that was a little wierd. Using my instincts I located the carousel without too much trouble - it was located further east of passport control in a different sectioned part of the building. It was not cool to have to look for the carousel and there was no signage indicating the exsistance of it...

Thanks,,

Randy

Hi Randy,

Glad to know it is not a isolated incident. l can understand your feel...arriving late night, very tired yet have to search for your luggage without any information.....Something is really wrong.....Next experience such incident in other airport before....