Buiyng new car and deposit

skyiceice

Hi,

I have to buy a new car and the dealer ask me for 5.000 baht, but i see in internet that some people lose this deposit ??? why this happen ?

I have a sign a agreement before send the deposit ? you have some suggestion ? 

Other question, when i have a send the " total price transfert " ? when i have the documents in my name ? can someone help me please ? i'm little confused right now

Thanks

I always pay a 10K deposit on signing contract to purchase a vehicle which is deducted from the balance owed on the vehicle

Only way they can keep your deposit is if you cancel the contract, then you loose your deposit this applies in all countries

Normal practice is for the motor dealer to license the vehicle in your name once its paid for

Sorry, but, have you ever bought a car in your country?

is the same, give deposit and wait for a car, when car is ready you must to pay the balance, in cash or with tranfer bank, if you cancel contract or not pay the difference you will lost deposit. Like all countries !!!

But I say if you have all these fears of Thailand, stay home. 

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, JoePai said:

The 5k will be a 'reserve' fee - once paid the Dealer will tell you the delivery date of your vehicle.

OP it is worth asking how long you have to wait for the delivery and trying to get them to agree that if it is not delivered within a certain no. of weeks after that you can cancel and get your deposit back. If not an issue or no other alternatives then don't worry about it.

We put a small deposit on our new car to hold it before we bought it.  We had a receipt given to us, and at the time of purchase the deposit was credited to the purchase price.  You should not have a problem.  Just make sure you have a paper trail.  

I did pay all for my last car when agreed on it. 890.000 bath. Three days later i could get the car. All arranged insurance, licence plate and registration. Even got free rubber mats. Telephone holder. Warning triangle. And three services for free. I am from the Europe but there it is same. To do. Only get the car when payd it. So what is 5000 bath on the total amount. When not trust the dealer why even go there??

In Dec 2010 I ordered new pickup truck from local Toyota dealer and give 5000 Baht to secure order. Later in March 2011 the dealer informs the truck not coming, stating tsunami in Japan cause big probs,  come to dealer and get your money back.

Late June 2011 dealer phones and says your truck come on transporter last night come and get.

Still have the truck. 

On 10/5/2017 at 1:34 PM, phutoie2 said:

In Dec 2010 I ordered new pickup truck from local Toyota dealer and give 5000 Baht to secure order. Later in March 2011 the dealer informs the truck not coming, stating tsunami in Japan cause big probs,  come to dealer and get your money back.

Late June 2011 dealer phones and says your truck come on transporter last night come and get.

Still have the truck. 

Toyota pickup trucks sold in thailand are made in Thailand not Japan

16 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Toyota pickup trucks sold in thailand are made in Thailand not Japan

They are indeed, at the Ban Po plant , I have driven past it many times. Do you think I am stupid ,made this tale up and either my wife, it was in her name or myself not question it when we went to pick up the 5K Baht. 

You appear to be the Toyota know it all on here, why do you think they cancelled the order?

53 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

They are indeed, at the Ban Po plant , I have driven past it many times. Do you think I am stupid ,made this tale up and either my wife, it was in her name or myself not question it when we went to pick up the 5K Baht. 

You appear to be the Toyota know it all on here, why do you think they cancelled the order?

Earlier he was the Ford know it all, but then got unhappy with Ford. Know it is Toyota, next one will be?

Ordered cars in the UK and US and ultimately canceled the purchase due to changing circumstance and/or mind, deposits refunded in full.

Meanwhile in LOS, 5k is enough for the average plebs car and I have read that some get their deposit back if they cancel while others get stiffed. Otherwise the 5k comes off the agreed final purchase price on delivery.

I also read that those ordering BMW's and Merc's are 'expected' to lodge 30k depoits.