What caues so many ExPats to totally embelish (brag) about their past?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/3/2017 at 11:19 PM, chickenslegs said:

I can't help thinking that there is an amount of "embelishment" in the OP.

I would bet my Victoria Cross, US Medal of Honor, and Légion d'honneur awards that some of those encounters never happened.

Did you really need to "out" me chicken?    smile.gif

Regarding another posters' reply about braggarts never asking questions, I recall my Dad's advice to me.      He said if I ever want to determine if anyone is listening to what I say,  just stop speaking in the middle of a sentence.     If the listener (S) doesn't bother to inquire further, they have no interest in hearing what I'm saying. 

Few people will say, "please continue".

• 3 weeks later...

I've never felt the need to embellish   my past in any way whatsoever. When I was recruited as a Mossad assassin part of our training was to appear as normal everyday folks to allow us to blend in and not draw attention to ourselves. In fact when I then became the head of a Secret Service detail after being headhunted by the then President of the US himself it was because of my unassuming air.  Or maybe it was because of my bionic arm and position as a karate sensi for the Yakuza. I don't really know as it's not something I like to discuss unless it's with fellow ex-members  of Seal Team Six.

In my case, I got booted out of the SAS and the CIA, because I was such a good singer. Not long after that I made my 2nd million, slept with my 50th super model and I still cant find condoms to fit . Dont get me started on finding just the right colour ferrari.

I dont understand why ex-pats embellish.

57 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

In my case, I got booted out of the SAS and the CIA, because I was such a good singer. Not long after that I made my 2nd million, slept with my 50th super model and I still cant find condoms to fit . Dont get me started on finding just the right colour ferrari.

I dont understand why ex-pats embellish.

And l thought l was the only one....sad-face.gif.0e2367fcaed1ae4e7f43b5f4f549d91a.gif

I knew a guy who was with a woman 9 years. They went on 3 holidays a year brought 2 houses and 9 years later they split up as she admitted she had lied about her age and was 7 years older than she claimed. 

All that time together and he never looked at her passport for long enough to clue she was older than she claimed. 

On 10/21/2017 at 7:10 PM, StreetCowboy said:

I felt bad about boasting about the new corrugated iron roof on my lean-to.  It’s stolen from a construction site.

I just don’t Have the imagination to invent stories that other people would find interesting

Galvanised, mind you...

On 10/21/2017 at 12:39 AM, InMyShadow said:
On 10/20/2017 at 11:56 PM, MaeJoMTB said:
I've had a lot of sex with young women in Thailand and the Philippines.
But then, who hasn't?

Does a box of tissues and a lap top count?

Yes, that's sex with someone you love

On 10/4/2017 at 11:25 PM, watcharacters said:

Did you really need to "out" me chicken?    smile.gif

Regarding another posters' reply about braggarts never asking questions, I recall my Dad's advice to me.      He said if I ever want to determine if anyone is listening to what I say,  just stop speaking in the middle of a sentence.     If the listener (S) doesn't bother to inquire further, they have no interest in hearing what I'm saying. 

Few people will say, "please continue".

What? Did you just say something?

Archived