Telephone Engineer Needed!

daveb1

Hi we have a problem with a telephone extension in our bedroom that has not been wired correctly for broadband. tot dont come in to your home i am told so wonnt help us as the main socket works ok, anyone know a good telephone communications company or engineer who works on a freelance basis who could come and fix the problem. We live about 15min from Pattaya

cheers

Hi we have a problem with a telephone extension in our bedroom that has not been wired correctly for broadband. tot dont come in to your home i am told so wonnt help us as the main socket works ok, anyone know a good telephone communications company or engineer who works on a freelance basis who could come and fix the problem. We live about 15min from Pattaya

cheers

Don’t know if this is of any help in your situation.

I installed TOT ADSL on the original phone socket and that works fine. I also wanted to an additional phone across the room so bought one of those ready made extension cables but the phone would not work on this extension.

After messing about for some time I checked the color codes of the wires and found that instead of the usual green and red wires I rewired green to geen and red to black and now the extension phone work fine.

As I said don’t know if this is relevant to your particular problem but thought I would put it out anyway. May help some one else.

D.D.

I also have a problem which may be similar. I have an old-style phone-socket, which requires a pin-plug. When I got broadband internet, obviously, there was no way to connect the modem to the phone line. So I pulled the plug from the old phone in my apartment, and wired it to a new style socket and into the modem.

This seemed to work fine for two days. But then.. nothing. Having called the internet company several times, their reply is always 'you have the wrong phone-line, we can't do anything'. So who can I get to change the phone-line, or is their an adaptor or somesuch device I could use?

Thanks.