Arizona Joe's Restaurant, in Kad Farang

BarnicaleBob

19 hours ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

It sounds like too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

But if the food is as good as you say it is, it may be a business model that works.

You may need to explain ... too many Chiefs, ie bosses,Indians ie staff. Actually some real,authentic Indian food could go well there.

CM appears to be burgers ,burgers and more burgers ,burger capital of the world thats before we get to Pizzas

19 hours ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

It sounds like too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

But if the food is as good as you say it is, it may be a business model that works.

You may need to explain ... too many Chiefs, ie bosses,Indians ie staff. Actually some real,authentic Indian food could go well there.

CM appears to be burgers ,burgers and more burgers ,burger capital of the world thats before we get to Pizzas

19 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Is pgrahmm's first photo supposed to be a breakfast? If so, it's only "American" in name. Rubbish on a fancy plate. 

Is that supposed to be an omelet? Looks flat as a fluke. A bowl of watery beans? American? I don't think so. A squiggly bit of bacon and a little runt sausage? 

Clearly Thai inspired and cooked. No American would serve that EVER, unless he or she grew up in a cave with no contact from the restaurant world. I wouldn't pay anything for that. It's an insult to American breakfasts (unless it's some other sort of thing, like a run-over soft-shell taco and leftover meats, and BEANS!). 

Here are two menus from IHOP and Waffle House...two of the most basic, no frills American breakfast menus...take a look at the photos...notice any difference between them and the Arizona Joe's food? See any beans? 

And if you go to a local restaurant, the breakfasts get even better. There's not an American in the crowd who will disagree. 

59d763aaad37e_Ihpbreakfastmenu.thumb.jpg.f74b368912c4da09ef49c1c3c1822811.jpg

59d763dbd1e08_Wafflehousemenu.png.3392789ad98b679d89d887ffa6c96e2a.png

I think he has obviously gone for the cheap Charlie breakfast choice. It does look minging, and cheap...

55 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

I think he has obviously gone for the cheap Charlie breakfast choice. It does look minging, and cheap...

Yeah - admittedly I was ordering other stuff....The size of the omlette surprised me - but it was good.....

If I'm not sure of a place I'll usually default to an omlette first.....

Everthing else that passed by coming out of the kitchen looked plentiful/stacked & good....I was in a middle table and could observe to both sides....

This is what I'd get in the states - but don't live there anymore....

Plus - It's not worth driving into CM to eat....The easy quick in/park and out days are gone.....And - the portions are getting smaller & prices increasing for less uptown too....Thanks to the Hard Rock type places and whatever else follows...

IMG_20171006_190251.jpg

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

Many thks for the pics P/G, is there any live bands playing at nite same as the Hangout,???

see that the usual suspects,are out in force ,how can one evaluate a dish from a pic ,they are indeed poor lost souls

a very nice evening to all

Edited by evenstevens

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

Many thks for the pics P/G, is there any live bands playing at nite same as the Hangout,???

see that the usual suspects,are out in force ,how can one evaluate a dish from a pic ,they are indeed poor lost souls

a very nice evening to all

ES - there might be, or maybe soon....They could be trying to get a foothold first....The food presentation was clean, as were the patrons....

I didn't see any liquor bottles lined up, but they could be there....

There were no signs indicating such....Where the Elvis pic is would have room for a 4 - 5 piece band - but no dance area unless they take it outside....

Can't imagine they'd want people leaning against or smoking around the hot rod....

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

Is pgrahmm's first photo supposed to be a breakfast? If so, it's only "American" in name. Rubbish on a fancy plate. 

Is that supposed to be an omelet? Looks flat as a fluke. A bowl of watery beans? American? I don't think so. A squiggly bit of bacon and a little runt sausage? 

Clearly Thai inspired and cooked. No American would serve that EVER, unless he or she grew up in a cave with no contact from the restaurant world. I wouldn't pay anything for that. It's an insult to American breakfasts (unless it's some other sort of thing, like a run-over soft-shell taco and leftover meats, and BEANS!). 

Here are two menus from IHOP and Waffle House...two of the most basic, no frills American breakfast menus...take a look at the photos...notice any difference between them and the Arizona Joe's food? See any beans? 

And if you go to a local restaurant, the breakfasts get even better. There's not an American in the crowd who will disagree. 

59d763aaad37e_Ihpbreakfastmenu.thumb.jpg.f74b368912c4da09ef49c1c3c1822811.jpg

59d763dbd1e08_Wafflehousemenu.png.3392789ad98b679d89d887ffa6c96e2a.png

Agreed 100%.  Seen those recon potatoes patties at the 99 cents store...you get 20 for a buck.  Hot dog?  There is less than 15 THB worth of food on that plate.

10 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Now there's a kazillion calories, and for breakfast.  According to Heart.org, "nearly 70% of American adults are either overweight or obese.".

Hmmmmm

Yes - when the average woman in the states is 168# you know there's a dietary problem - to say the least....

11 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

And all those fat ladies are Arizona Joe's fault.  

No - but maybe the Waffle House or IHOP.....Heck - add Denny's to that list, none of the 3 are worth stepping foot in....

But, if you want cheap, poor quality calories - they have them.....

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

No - but maybe the Waffle House or IHOP.....Heck - add Denny's to that list, none of the 3 are worth stepping foot in....

But, if you want cheap, poor quality calories - they have them.....

400 Denny's in Japan.  Some in New Zealand, too.  Last time I ate at one my waitress was on work release.

27 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

Hard to believe it's American if grits ain't on the menu, for breakfast.

I guess I agree....Although raised in CA, I've never seen - or tried them.....

Nor in states west of the muddy Mississippi.....Seems to be a Southern thang.....

Not on menus in CA, either, more about hash browns....

More likely to stumble onto Thai food....

12 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Nice 33 coupe, I might drop in to see the car.

When you go, don't let yourself be duped, ramrod.

That ain't no '33 Ford coupe.

In all probability it's a plastic repro body set on a rice-sucker chassis powered by a little four-banger like the ones in so many Yank Tanks in Havana. But at least the bodies of those old '50s classics are authentic for the most part, and the back seats may still smell of poon-tang.

The "'33 Ford" in Hang Dong is a total fake... you can bet the ranch on it.

That said, it can still bring back memories to anyone who grew up in the USA during the 1950s.

Another unforgettable time and place that is gone with the wind.