Hotels In Langkawi

jbsears

Hello!

I am planning a trip to Langkawi in March and would like to hear any suggestions on where to stay. I am looking to stay on the beach. I would prefer the beach to be fairly active so we are not bored at night and won't have to walk far for anything. For the hotel, we are looking for something around 100-150 Ringgits a night. It must have a/c and television.

Thanks for any suggestions!

We stayed on Pantai Cenang, probably the most popular beach in March last year. Unfortunately, the effects of the Tsunami were still very visible.

There is a ghost resort near the airport. Jeeps just left where they were dropped and huts with water marks all round them. If you stay on that side you will see it, if its still there as the airport has the only ATM we could find.

Guide books recommendations were all a bit awry, as most of the guest houses had moved away from the beach, leaving the poorer ones to take over on the beach.

Some of the huts built on the beach since the Tsunami would be really cool to stay in as they were built on stilts 30 feet in the air....! All full when we were there.

Please go though, as they need us and although the atmosphere was strange, understandably, we were made to feel welcome in all places without being overbearing.

Sorry I don't remember the names of places but, I'm sure you won't have a problem finding somewhere, for less than you expect too.... :D

Datai Beach is, apparently, according to Discovery Channel the 3rd best beach in the world but, unless you're staying in one of the two resorts there, you will not get near it. We didn't bother trying as per the advise of people we met in Pantai.

A bit of Google will tell loads you need to know on Langkawi, I'm sure you know that though. :D:o

redrus

Thanks!

I googled it and found some promising places. I just wanted to make sure I head to the right beach, which seems to be the same as you mentioned. I googled Batu Feringghi for last year and found what the internet said a lot different than what it was, so I am very appreciative to hear a response from someone who has been to Langkawi and has nothing to gain by selling me on a certain place.

Thanks!

I googled it and found some promising places. I just wanted to make sure I head to the right beach, which seems to be the same as you mentioned. I googled Batu Feringghi for last year and found what the internet said a lot different than what it was, so I am very appreciative to hear a response from someone who has been to Langkawi and has nothing to gain by selling me on a certain place.

Do as a lot do if you don't book in advance. Plonk the bags in a bar get the Mrs a beer, tell her to order you one in half an hour.

Nip off down the beach, (the airport end has one or two resorts that are top end and well out of my league for beaches anyway, I may spend £150 in a city but, not on a beach. The beach is all I need.) find what you need, get a beer, nip back and meet the Mrs, for a beer. Cold.

Happy days.

Langkawi, Pantai Cenang last March.

post-16343-1168360740_thumb.jpg post-16343-1168360803_thumb.jpg

post-16343-1168360867_thumb.jpg

redrus