Kata holiday accm.

keithpa

2000 baht now will get you a very nice resort. 2000 baht in December will get you a fairly basic two or three star hotel.

Unless people are touting their own or their friends' places then it's not the best place to ask. Most Phuket residents don't stay in Phuket hotels.

As LiK said, use an online booking site and read the reviews.

8 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Word of mouth is the best recommendation.

For that you're not on the best forum, plus the smaller places, catering to less people so less recommendations, can be better value than the more commonly recommended places. On top of that we still don't know which time of year.

Edited by stevenl

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

For that you're not on the best forum, plus the smaller places, catering to less people so less recommendations, can be better value than the more commonly recommended places. On top of that we still don't know which time of year.

Thanks, I will be there in about 2 weeks. Been there many times. Lived in Phang Nga town about 14 years ago, left for Pattaya when TGF ripped me off. Sick of Pattaya, the most unattractive beach side you will find anywhere. Gunna move to Phuket. This trip will be to look  for long term accom.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

That only leaves one question: you mention 'heart of town', which town do you mean?

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

That only leaves one question: you mention 'heart of town', which town do you mean?

Kata Town!

24 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Kata Town!

Sorry, missed that one in the title.

There is a new area in Kata, you will find some good value for money places there, Jinta Andaman wort checking out. If not, Kata Hi View is nice and close to Kata Beach, up a hill though. Also a bit further on Koktanod some cheaper places.  There are many options though with sometimes some really good offers at the moment, but you have to check the booking sites for those specials, so this is just a start.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Sorry, missed that one in the title.

There is a new area in Kata, you will find some good value for money places there, Jinta Andaman wort checking out. If not, Kata Hi View is nice and close to Kata Beach, up a hill though. Also a bit further on Koktanod some cheaper places.  There are many options though with sometimes some really good offers at the moment, but you have to check the booking sites for those specials, so this is just a start.

Thanks Steve. Ive just book a months stay. Cheap. (just thought, should have mentioned you. You would have got a a commission from them.) Jinta Andaman.

4 hours ago, keithpa said:

Thanks Steve. Ive just book a months stay. Cheap. (just thought, should have mentioned you. You would have got a a commission from them.) Jinta Andaman.

Just  cancelled. Thought, what the hell, cant take my money with me to my BBQ. Gunna find something for around 2K.