Question about iOS 11 updating

Tchooptip

Hi everyone

I have an iPhone 7plus iOS 10.3.3 when I look at "software update" it says 10.3.3 your software is up to date...

If I connect this iPhone to my Macbook pro there is a message: There is an update 11.0.1 for your iPhone do you want to download. 

So only when connected to my computer could I update to iOS 11

. My wife has an iPhone 6plus she is already in iOS 11

So the question is why this iPhone 7plus is still supposed to be up to date in 10.3.3?

It is just a question not a problem:smile: since should I wish to update I could with the Macbook, but I will wait a little because some Apps in 32Bit I like

would stop working, we have this list so we knew already for a certain time.

I guess you have already removed downloaded IOS 11 from your phone. That's why there is "1" on the the "software update", but there is no "1" on the "settings" app icone, first page. 

And when you open the software update, it shows "the software is up to date, 10.3.3 .

or if you have not removed it, the iOS 11 is there (downloaded to your phone) and just needs to be installed manually. 

Personally I prefer to wait a couple of months to upgrade when they release a new version. Let them work out the bugs. I read somewhere (Lifehacker I believe) that there are no more application updates thru iTunes with iOS 11. I also read that the new system settings is really messed up. 

I read the new 11 uses a lot of battery quickly and some other complaints. I downloaded it anyway to my 6 plus and MacBook Air and love it. No problems so far. Reasons I love it is the change of the visuals and speed as it seems more efficient and quicker. Have not had a battery draining issue. 

I called Apple care about a small problem with my iPhone 6 and he fixed the problem and told me I should update to iOS 11. I said I had read on Thai Visa about the problems with slowing. He agreed there were indeed problems with iOS11 slowing the iPhone 6. He said I could call and talk to various people at Apple to help solve the problem if I downloaded it. This is from Apple itself! Scary sh_t.

On 07/10/2017 at 8:06 PM, Foozool said:

I guess you have already removed downloaded IOS 11 from your phone. That's why there is "1" on the the "software update", but there is no "1" on the "settings" app icone, first page. 

And when you open the software update, it shows "the software is up to date, 10.3.3 .

or if you have not removed it, the iOS 11 is there (downloaded to your phone) and just needs to be installed manually. 

I understand But I do not see how iOS 11 could be already on my phone without asking me if I want to install it from time to time :smile:

Hi everyone
I have an iPhone 7plus iOS 10.3.3 when I look at "software update" it says 10.3.3 your software is up to date...
If I connect this iPhone to my Macbook pro there is a message: There is an update 11.0.1 for your iPhone do you want to download. 
So only when connected to my computer could I update to iOS 11
. My wife has an iPhone 6plus she is already in iOS 11
So the question is why this iPhone 7plus is still supposed to be up to date in 10.3.3?
It is just a question not a problem:smile: since should I wish to update I could with the Macbook, but I will wait a little because some Apps in 32Bit I like
would stop working, we have this list so we knew already for a certain time.

You should be on 11.0.2 already. Are you connected to WiFi on your 7+? Have you any restrictions in your phone settings regarding updates? Are you logged into your iCloud/iTunes account on your 7+?

Seems strange as your phone is pretty much new from only last year and should be absolutely fine on the new IOS. My 6S and iPad run fine on it.

8 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

You should be on 11.0.2 already. Are you connected to WiFi on your 7+? Have you any restrictions in your phone settings regarding updates? Are you logged into your iCloud/iTunes account on your 7+?

Seems strange as your phone is pretty much new from only last year and should be absolutely fine on the new IOS. My 6S and iPad run fine on it.

Really? your iPads OK?

I'd like to nail it down.....mine's running unsatisfactorily.

Example,,,,,,how long does Line take you to load?

Mine's an iPad 3 with 128gb of which over a quarter free.......what's yours?........could it be dependent on the model?

Lots of minor annoyances like I click a podcast play button.......nothing happens instantly so a second or two later I click it again but just as i do it starts to play and my second click stops it.

Sometimes have to click buttons multiple times.

Just not the same as normal.

ps 11 0 2 just seems to address a handful of specific issues not the main problem

Really? your iPads OK?
I'd like to nail it down.....mine's running unsatisfactorily.
Example,,,,,,how long does Line take you to load?
Mine's an iPad 3 with 128gb of which over a quarter free.......what's yours?........could it be dependent on the model?
Lots of minor annoyances like I click a podcast play button.......nothing happens instantly so a second or two later I click it again but just as i do it starts to play and my second click stops it.
Sometimes have to click buttons multiple times.
Just not the same as normal.

ps 11 0 2 just seems to address a handful of specific issues not the main problem

My iPad is the 9.7” 2017 which has the same chipset as the 6S. My Mrs has iPad mini 2, which is also running fine on IOS 11.

The only app I’ve had problems with is the thai visa app due to their own issues. The only social media apps I use are Facebook & YouTube and they are fine, also Netflix running fine.

4 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

My iPad is the 9.7” 2017 which has the same chipset as the 6S. My Mrs has iPad mini 2, which is also running fine on IOS 11.

The only app I’ve had problems with is the thai visa app due to their own issues. The only social media apps I use are Facebook & YouTube and they are fine, also Netflix running fine.

yes Thaivisa sometimes fails to load on anything for me.

Face book and You tube seem OK except the back button on FB, top left, in certain situations doesn't work and I have to use the New Feed button at the bottom to return. Havent exactly defined when this happens.

A good comparison would be Line as this usually now takes 8 to 9 secs to load......has been max 13 secs.....never waited before.

This alone would not be the end of the world don't want to seem too spoilt, but it's just would like to get things right, including full crashes back to the home page which have never happened before but three times the last week, once losing time consuming 10-15minute message.

Yet your wife's mini 2 is OK.........does she have Line as a test? (if not it's a great app to have)

yes Thaivisa sometimes fails to load on anything for me.

Face book and You tube seem OK except the back button on FB, top left, in certain situations doesn't work and I have to use the New Feed button at the bottom to return. Havent exactly defined when this happens.

A good comparison would be Line as this usually now takes 8 to 9 secs to load......has been max 13 secs.....never waited before.
This alone would not be the end of the world don't want to seem too spoilt, but it's just would like to get things right, including full crashes back to the home page which have never happened before but three times the last week, once losing time consuming 10-15minute message.
Yet your wife's mini 2 is OK.........does she have Line as a test? (if not it's a great app to have)

Oh yes, she has Line on her mini 2 and android phone and she hasn’t mentioned any problems with it. I believe Line runs better on the phone as it’s designed to work from one phone number only and doesn’t work fully when used on a 2nd device from the same account simultaneously? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m pretty sure that this will be the last supported IOS update for the mini 2 and 5S as they will have been supported for around 5 years, come next year.

11 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Oh yes, she has Line on her mini 2 and android phone and she hasn’t mentioned any problems with it. I believe Line runs better on the phone as it’s designed to work from one phone number only and doesn’t work fully when used on a 2nd device from the same account simultaneously? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m pretty sure that this will be the last supported IOS update for the mini 2 and 5S as they will have been supported for around 5 years, come next year.

If you would, ask the missus to time Line's start up a few times. I get the green screen instantly but no action as I say usually 8-9 seconds.

While i'm here I may as well grip that the little camera on the home screen bottom right.....very useful for quick shots..... has now disappeared and is via the control centre which for me seems to take several goes to get up.

Just as an addendum if youre a Best fan he was a palomine in my Chelsea days. Great shame, had it all going for him even as he was older.....commentating, speaking engagements, and Alex a lovely wife.

If you would, ask the missus to time Line's start up a few times. I get the green screen instantly but no action as I say usually 8-9 seconds.

While i'm here I may as well grip that the little camera on the home screen bottom right.....very useful for quick shots..... has now disappeared and is via the control centre which for me seems to take several goes to get up.

Just as an addendum if youre a Best fan he was a palomine in my Chelsea days. Great shame, had it all going for him even as he was older.....commentating, speaking engagements, and Alex a lovely wife.

Line approx 5 secs to start up on mini 2 (IOS 11)

12 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Line approx 5 secs to start up on mini 2 (IOS 11)

thanks.

just opened it once.........8 secs.

Wonder if it's because I have quite a lot of contacts as my mini3 should have at least the same specs as your wife's 2.

In any case it's changed radically regardless of contacts.

Archived