Via Kuwait

I've always flown direct before, but this time was on a budget and I am flying with Kuwait Airlines via Kuwait.

I've heard that Arab airlines such as Emirates and Royal Jordanian are good to fly with other than the fact that alcohol isn't served, but what about Kuwait Airlines?

Could anyone share their Kuwait experience with me?

I'm more curious than anxious.

Are you prepared to handle 7.5 hours of B.O. ??

Had to do that once on a Saudi to UK flight, a full 747 with me stuck in the middle of cattle class. Almost puked from all of the stinky bodies.

More power to you if you can handle that.

Are you prepared to handle 7.5 hours of B.O. ??

Had to do that once on a Saudi to UK flight, a full 747 with me stuck in the middle of cattle class. Almost puked from all of the stinky bodies.

More power to you if you can handle that.

A gutful of Johnny Walker helps overcome that problem, and you get to breathe booze all over 'em as you eat your bacon sandwiches :o

A gutful of Johnny Walker helps overcome that problem, and you get to breathe booze all over 'em as you eat your bacon sandwiches :o

Not really politically correct, but I love it... :D:D:D

How long are you stuck in Kuwait Airport?

That's the killer. On the plane you can sleep, eat goat, whatever.

But there are few rest areas in these airports - they want you to go round spending hard-earned dosh on camel saddles and so on.

And the coffee and tea are vile.

It has been years since I have been on one of their airlines,, But if they are as bad as they used to be,and I can't see any reason that the people would change,,then you can believe Spee.

The only place that I have ever been that compares with them is the 2 baht pisser down at the local market here in Phetchabun,Pay 2 baht and then hold your breath before you enter until after you drain off the excess water and run back out,

Even the British airways used to completely strip out all the soft upholstery on their planes and replace with new when they took the planes off the mid-east run,,stinking sons of bitches. :o

When you check in get a seat near the front of the plane if you are a non smoker, or if you wanna hav a fag sit near the back. i flew with them about 3-4 years ago from BKK to LON. I'm a non smoker and got stuck in with all the smokers until i got moved. Seats are as hard as the road but it did have individual displays on the back of the headrests, play station, movies etc. Food was o.k. and Kuwait airport is not that bad, i was there for 3-4 hrs, just bring a good book.

Flew Aeroflot before, never again. Seats were the worst, movies were crap , some dodgy russian <deleted> and they repeated it over and over. Never again.

My advice is pay the extra and fly direct.

Cheers all. Great forum, polo is the best, cracks me up every time. :o

8ball.

i recently flew emirates to dubai,yemen and kuwait.

the dubai part was ok.most of the people in dubai are relatively clean and westernised.

kuwait wasnt so bad either, but standard was lower than the dubai flight.

the flight to yemen was the worst. i sat next to some yemeni guy,who stunk!!and he was filthy.

he ate his meal with his hands and then picked his teeth for about 20 minutes spitting the result onto the tray and surrounding area.

after that episode he was continueously spitting phlem into his empty water glass.

probably the worst flight of my life.

the staff on board are mostly english and all of them are rude and unattentive.

i think that dealing with arabs day in day out really has soured their personalities.

my advise is that if you have to fly emirates then try and get a seat with leg room and drink yourself silly. wake up 5 hours later.get off the plane.

the staff on board are mostly english and all of them are rude and unattentive.

i think that dealing with arabs day in day out really has soured their personalities.

No - they've been trained by British Airways :o

LOL thats probably true.i havnt flown BA for ages,but i heard that its pretty much the same situation.

As soon as the meal is cleared up,they all bugger off.cant see one for hours.

have to goto the serving area to get a beer.unbelieveable.

stick with thai airways,or better still singapore airlines.

and much better to look at than some sour puss,face caked in make-up,wide load,old hag from uk.

LOL thats probably true.i havnt flown BA for ages,but i heard that its pretty much the same situation.

As soon as the meal is cleared up,they all bugger off.cant see one for hours.

have to goto the serving area to get a beer.unbelieveable.

stick with thai airways,or better still singapore airlines.

and much better to look at than some sour puss,face caked in make-up,wide load,old hag from uk.

Thai, Cathay, Singapore = Trolley Dollies

BA, Iberia, Air France = Tarts with Carts

Seats are hard as ###### and the smell is awful!!

Food ok and you get a tv in front of you.

I found their security was very good. When boarding at BKK

they ripped my carry on bag apart. This just didn't happen to me.

Smelly flight though, I was surrounded by them..... horrible experience!