Best street food in Pattaya and Jomtien?

soistalker

When asked if he ever gambled, my uncle used to reply, "Only when I eat out."

In Pattaya, there is a street food place on South Pattaya Road, across from the Wat, and down about 100meters east, in front of 7/11. They are cheap and the food is great. Down a small side alley 50-75 meters west of that is another street food place that is very good. Both are west of Tukcom.

In Jomtien, there is a complex on the left, 200 meters south of where Theppraya road becomes Jomtien Second Road. There are many places there, but I have not tried any yet.

I really don't think it is any better going to a restaurant. The food usually isn't as good as street food, and way more expensive. I used to frequent the Boat Bakery restaurant on second road, but the portions are small,  and I am sure all the waiters are zombies.

Also, what do you guys think about the safety of eating street food? The food usually sits for hours on end in the heat.

The Night Market on Jomtien Beach Rd has some good street food stalls, they seem very 

popular with the tourists & expats as well.

Also on the Beach Rd between soi 3 and 4 you'll find a good range of street food that's also

busy.

The busier the better, as it keeps the food fresher with a higher turnover.

3 hours ago, soistalker said:

In Jomtien, there is a complex on the left, 200 meters south of where Theppraya road becomes Jomtien Second Road. There are many places there, but I have not tried any yet.

Sounds like Rompho market opposite Soi 5 (immigration).

It has several daytime fixed food stalls inside the covered market (including an excellent noodle soup vendor) and in the afternoon/evening the entire parking lot becomes a night food court. Very popular with Thais and farangs, and has several good vendors.

I like street food okay, and I think it’s safe enough, but to eat I like a nice table and chair, in a bug-free, quiet, air-conditioned environment and if I have to pay more for those things then so be it.

That said, I generally eat at home. Faster, cheaper, easier, cleaner and more comfortable.