VietjetThai CNX-BKK

BuddyDean

I flew VietJet for the first time from CNX to Swampy.  Using AA out of CNX as a baseline, I will give the pros and cons.

Pros:

If you buy in advance it is cheap.  Rail service will never compete, period.

Check in is efficient.

Not a popular choice for backpackers.

They had actual jetways at both ends...no busses to the plane.

ARL is cheap, fast, and efficient...35 THB to MRT.

Swampy is more modern and just as convenient for most trips.

Hostesses were looking good.

Plane boards rear passengers first, which is more efficient.

Prime seats can be purchased before the flight very cheap.  I paid 2 USD and had almost front, isle.  No extra CC fee.  

Good room in storage bins.

Cons:

Hostesses weren't in bikinis

Last minute tickets are expensive.

You better make sure your name on your ticket matches your passport...exactly (AOT staff checking, also)

Very strict on carry on limits....a good thing for most.

Not enough legroom, but possibly a little bit more than AA.

Everyone must go to the counter...can't print your boarding pass

I am sold, and will now be a regular.  Price will still be a factor, but VJ will be the first place I look.  No matter your favorite, it is still good for the consumer, as there is lots of competition to BKK.  All would charge more, if they could.  If only competition was this good for nightlife.  They are well aware that you have a choice.  Happy flying.

Of the low cost airlines Air Asia, Nok Air, Lion Air, all passed the international safety assessments as you would expect.  Thai Vietjet failed the safety standards and had to suspend their international flight to Hanoi? When you book Thai Vietjet you should take that into consideration just like most people would if they booked Orient Thai when they used to flew domestically. 

It had much more to do with the incompetence at CAAT...as there were 12 airlines involved.  Meanwhile AA put one in the drink due to pilot error within the last two years.  TG may have got a break on this round, but they still aren't allowed in the US.

2 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Thai Vietjet failed the safety standards and had to suspend their international flight to Hanoi?

ThaiVietJet didn't get their AOC renewed in time because.

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has suspended issuing new Air Operator's Certificates (AOCs) due to a shortage of suitably qualified inspectors.

and

the carrier has already put a contingency plan together which entails parent carrier VietJet AirAsia (VJC, Hanoi) assuming its only foreign service - a 4x weekly Bangkok Suvarnabhumi-Haiphong, Vietnam, flight - until such time that its AOC is reissued.

Nothing at all to do with TVJ' safety, inferred or implied. All to do with Thailand's civil aviation authority being understaffed.

Archived