Fakes on Lazada

kevc

I buy lots from Lazada but this week I bought a Galaxy wireless charger, looking at the list there were a lot of obvious underpriced fakes so I went for the one at a reasonable price and showed the correct photos. When it came it was obvious from opening the box it was a fake, got in touch and they were very apologetic then the fun started. They won't change the status from shipping to delivered so I can not return via 7/11 when I phoned they said its a technical issue ( don't change status can't add a negative comment). Five calls later and I still can't get get them to change the status they want me to send by Thai post or DHL and would you believe no managers available to talk to.

Very dissapointed with them and don't think I'll be buying again.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, kevc said:

Very dissapointed with them and don't think I'll be buying again.

With tens of thousands of vendors selling on Lazada, you're bound to end up with some that are selling fakes.  The good news is that if they won't change the status to "delivered", they don't get paid.  Lazada doesn't pay the vendor until (up to) 14 days after delivery confirmation. 

I don't know whether you've been in contact with the vendor, or Lazada themselves.  I'd suggest getting in touch with Lazada to see if you can just cancel the order and get a refund. 

Five calls to Lazada and they admit its their fault the status hasn't been changed to delivered, I don't blame them sending me a fake but I do blame them for doing nothing since they knew it was fake, not even keeping me upto date with the progress ( even though heres been none).

i haven't tried buying any brand name stuff from Lazada.  i assume it's all chinese fakes.  the other trick they seem to do is simply not post my negative reviews, only my positive ones show up in the review section.  i wish there were an option to buy quality certified name brand stuff online in thailand, give it a few years.  that said, lazada is still a great option, i just don't try to buy name brand stuff.  

10 minutes ago, tlock said:

i haven't tried buying any brand name stuff from Lazada.  i assume it's all chinese fakes.  the other trick they seem to do is simply not post my negative reviews, only my positive ones show up in the review section.  i wish there were an option to buy quality certified name brand stuff online in thailand, give it a few years.  that said, lazada is still a great option, i just don't try to buy name brand stuff.  

I bought Zotac Gforce, Samsung Note 4, Plantronics 5200 all expensive stuff and and all checked out real.  Easy to check with Android apps. 

Had same problem once took a month to sort it out. I never ring or contacr them now untill the status has been updated to delivered and the return item screen has come onto the goods. I then send it back as normal stating Fake. Pointless leaving a negative feedback they just dont publish it.

Only problem with fakes ive had. Somethings i order what i know are fakes but as there so much cheaper and usualy of the same quality as OEM i take the chance.

Edited by jeab1980

Some vendors on Lazada are crooks. Example: today I want to order the new Xiaomi MI A1. List price is B7990. One vendor shows it at !2,000 and 40% discount to get down to the Manufacturer list price. This vendor is obviously a crook..

If you want to be sure your getting legit stuff, check the fulfilled by Lazada box. 

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Some vendors on Lazada are crooks. Example: today I want to order the new Xiaomi MI A1. List price is B7990. One vendor shows it at !2,000 and 40% discount to get down to the Manufacturer list price. This vendor is obviously a crook..

If you want to be sure your getting legit stuff, check the fulfilled by Lazada box. 

List price is 7,990 baht .....  and you see it at 2,000 baht ...

what do people expect ...  

'  there's an old saying , ' if it seems to good to be true then it probably is '

Beware of cheap SD cards from Lazada. I got a couple of 32G SD cards that seem to have been altered from 4G SD cards and repackaged as 32G SD cards with a fake (yet realistic looking) Kingston carton. They never worked correctly and wouldn't format properly.

I opened a complaint with Lazada and they did offer me a rebate on my next purchase. I bought a power bank with the rebate that I am very pleased with. So in the end, it all worked out.

I also bought a Garmin Vivosmart 3 from Lazada which is the real thing and I am happy with the purchase.

If it seems to good to be true for the price, then I would say buyer beware.

19 hours ago, tlock said:

the other trick they seem to do is simply not post my negative reviews, only my positive ones show up in the review section.

I also saw the trick that Lazada will drop the listing of any item with bad reviews and then post the item anew. 

Edited by Silurian

3 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Beware of cheap SD cards from Lazada. I got a couple of 32G SD cards that seem to have been altered from 4G SD cards and repackaged as 32G SD cards with a fake (yet realistic looking) Kingston carton.

Had the exact same experience in a bricks and mortar store in BKK.  When I got home, I noticed that the blister package had been slit open with a razor and the 128Gb card wasn't a real Kingston card.  It was 128Gb, but the data rate was so slow that I broke it in half and binned it.  

I notice on Lazada that a lot of the SD cards aren't even held out to be brand names and I avoid those as I expect the same result.  If I were a betting man, I'd bet they're the ones the factories reject because of defects.  

19 hours ago, kevc said:

Five calls to Lazada and they admit its their fault the status hasn't been changed to delivered, I don't blame them sending me a fake but I do blame them for doing nothing since they knew it was fake, not even keeping me upto date with the progress ( even though heres been none).

Depends on how long it is since you contacted them. I had the same issue returning a faulty TV, the status took 4 days to be updated before I could send details to have it returned.

You can contact them until you are blue in the face, you never get a supervisor and the people taking your calls cannot change the system. I did however after the 4 days receive a voucher for 500 baht as way of an apology, and , once the status had been corrected, everything went fine.

11 minutes ago, Silurian said:

I also saw the trick that Lazada will drop the listing of any item with bad reviews and then post the item anew. 

Best to differentiate between what Lazada does, and what the tens of thousands of their vendors do.  Lazada can be better about stopping some of the abuses, but the same crap happens on EBay, Amazon, etc. 

I remember 15 (+/-) years ago when EBay made their first entry into China and almost all of the items for sale were scams.  They all had multiple positive feedbacks from multiple fake accounts.  It took EBay years to even come close to sorting it out, and they left the China market in the meantime, letting TaoBao (same owner as Lazada now) dominate.

Edited by impulse

43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

List price is 7,990 baht .....  and you see it at 2,000 baht ...

what do people expect ...  

'  there's an old saying , ' if it seems to good to be true then it probably is '

Believe posted price was 12,000 baht but discounted to list price of 7,990 baht.  Poster hit upper case 1.

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe posted price was 12,000 baht but discounted to list price of 7,990 baht.  Poster hit upper case 1.

ahha ... my bad ... I thought it seemed too big a discount ... and the way he typed it.

thanks.

Lazada is great untill you have a problem and sometimes it takes ages for them to sort it out. I ordered something and something completely different arrived so i sent it back over 3 weeks ago and havnt recieved a store voucher. Also with Lazada you only can return an item within 7 days if you go over by an hour they wont accept. I also use aliexpress and they have a 60 day return policy and im saving money in most cases.

33 minutes ago, Paulbuick1 said:

Lazada is great untill you have a problem and sometimes it takes ages for them to sort it out. I ordered something and something completely different arrived so i sent it back over 3 weeks ago and havnt recieved a store voucher. Also with Lazada you only can return an item within 7 days if you go over by an hour they wont accept. I also use aliexpress and they have a 60 day return policy and im saving money in most cases.

Lazada and AliExpress have the same owner now.  I've had excellent luck on both of them with over 120 transactions and only one problem (which was the shipper's fault- and resolved itself with delivery 2 weeks after they claimed it had been delivered).  During those 2 weeks, AliExpress was very responsive and equally useless.  The shipping company claimed the item had been delivered, but couldn't produce any proof of delivery.  But it was incumbent on me to prove that it hadn't.  Which is, of course, impossible.

Nature of the online shopping beast, I guess.  I've had similar problems with EBay and Paypal over the years, too.

Edit:  I should note that my employment for 10 years was visiting factories in China to qualify their products, so I do take some precautions based on that experience.  Like expecting fakes when they're selling a name brand item at less than wholesale cost...

Edited by impulse

Look at the facts; it is under "shipping" but not "delivered". They either change the status and you complain or they have not delivered. Latter allows you to knock on Lazada's door for a refund. 

Lazada is nothing but a shopping platform facilitating tool; the transaction is bilateral once the shipment has arrived and you would have to deal with the shipper only. 

Patience is the key; question though is - is the money involved worth the efforts or is it a matter of principle for you - which I could understand too. 

Lazada is great untill you have a problem and sometimes it takes ages for them to sort it out. I ordered something and something completely different arrived so i sent it back over 3 weeks ago and havnt recieved a store voucher. Also with Lazada you only can return an item within 7 days if you go over by an hour they wont accept. I also use aliexpress and they have a 60 day return policy and im saving money in most cases.Obviously there are fake goods on all online sites but just look at the description and price for example Nokia 3310 @ 690 baht is obviously a fake as the original is 2000 to 3000 baht. I bought a WD hard disc at 1900 baht it looked like an original WD disc in the photo but when it arrived it was a cheap nasty copy so i sent it back paid a bit more and got the original item at 2700 baht. 

21 hours ago, kevc said:

I've dealt often with Lazada for household goods, not the cheapest but COD & delivered to my door. Only problem, a fidget thingie I bought for maid's son had one dead LED. I asked for exchange. They said easier to cancel sale, give a refund/credit, which I then used on Fidget #2 delivered a few days later. I find their procedures very tight (good) and service reasonable. The Fidget 2 amuses the boy for hours. The maid thinks I'm god. HTH

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

ahha ... my bad ... I thought it seemed too big a discount ... and the way he typed it.

thanks.

Big discounts are often for superseded models. Be careful of phone batteries, very cheap but manufactured 3-4 yrs ago. I bought a new battery for my Note 4 at my usual MBK shop, K-Mobile. More expensive but genuine and 1 yr guarantee. 

I  bought many things from Lazada. All from big screen TV, fridge, smart phones, guitars and several small items and I've never had any problems with fakes. I also think that their customer service works very well. On big purchases they have called me to verify that I am the one ordering. If I want to buy fakes I order from AliExpress.

I bought what they advertised as a 50,000 power bank and it works, but more like a 10,000 handy-sized one. Came in a fancy velvet bag though.

Terrible experience with a 3 TB external hard-drive. It came with plug, wires and connections --- but no guts inside. I wrote 3 times it was only the case and needed the actual hard-drive and would keep the case if the recommended/sent the inside. No response to that so I returned it via Thai Post.

That was a month ago and they just emailed saying the refund of 900 thb has been authorised but I haven't checked my bank yet to see if it has been paid back in.

I think this was a deliberate scam selling empty cases. Other than that, I've been pleased with the Lazada set-up and will be more careful in future. Some of their lines are available through the TV shopping channels where they are sometimes cheaper.

This AM i have just taken ownership of a rather expensive bit of kit i got from Lazada.

Imagine my suprise when i opened the box to find not one but two items both exactly as i ordered paid for one got two. Will i be contacting them to inform them of there  mistake? I suspect not. Mrs is happy as well now.

11 hours ago, impulse said:

Lazada and AliExpress have the same owner now. 

Jack Ma (Alibaba) upped his stake in Lazada to 83%.  Aliexpress is, I believe, 100% owned by them.

Now That Jack Ma Owns 83% Of Lazada, Alibaba Is On Its Way To Rule Southeast Asia's E-Commerce

Lazada is fast becoming the be all and end all of e-commerce within Southeast Asia thanks in part to Jack Ma’s US$1 billion investment through Alibaba for a 51% stake of the company in 2016.

So when news broke yesterday evening that Alibaba is throwing in an additional US$1 billion into Lazada, we’d say that no one was surprised. The significant increase in stake at Lazada means that Alibaba’s total investment amounts to US$2 billion.

On its way there, Alibaba has had to buy over the stocks of existing backers which includes Rocket Internet, leaving the only Alibaba, Temasek Holdings, and Lazada management as the only investors of the company according to Techcrunch.

https://vulcanpost.com/614256/alibaba-lazada-83/