Fakes on Lazada

kevc

17 hours ago, yosib157 said:

I bought what they advertised as a 50,000 power bank and it works, but more like a 10,000 handy-sized one. Came in a fancy velvet bag though.

Terrible experience with a 3 TB external hard-drive. It came with plug, wires and connections --- but no guts inside. I wrote 3 times it was only the case and needed the actual hard-drive and would keep the case if the recommended/sent the inside. No response to that so I returned it via Thai Post.

That was a month ago and they just emailed saying the refund of 900 thb has been authorised but I haven't checked my bank yet to see if it has been paid back in.

I think this was a deliberate scam selling empty cases. Other than that, I've been pleased with the Lazada set-up and will be more careful in future. Some of their lines are available through the TV shopping channels where they are sometimes cheaper.

Have a funny feeling that you originally got what you paid for, a case for a 3 TB  drive.

Have never seen a 3 TB drive anywhere for 900 baht.

4 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Have a funny feeling that you originally got what you paid for, a case for a 3 TB  drive.

Have never seen a 3 TB drive anywhere for 900 baht.

Yer right of course. The too good to be true statement above and my own that I should be more careful in future both apply.

There again, I presume most of Lazada customers strive to get bargains and it sometimes backfires.

You can usually tell from the prices. Imported branded goods will be more expensive. Check the price in the US, EU country, Aussie or wherever and see how it compares. If it's a fraction of the normal price, then guess what!

Example, look on the pages for branded knives, say Buck. The ones that have the US flag on the picture and are expensive are the real deal. The ones for a fraction of the normal US price, might not be! On the Cold Steel knives page there are many examples of this.

Edited by Baerboxer

On 10/9/2017 at 2:16 PM, yosib157 said:

I bought what they advertised as a 50,000 power bank and it works, but more like a 10,000 handy-sized one. Came in a fancy velvet bag though.

Fake capacity power banks exposed

Almost all inexpensive 50000 powerbanks are fake, especially if bought on the internet from China. The same goes for cheap large capacity SD cards.

Have a look on Amazon. Check the size, weight and price of any with genuine reviews and compare with what you purchased. A genuine 50000 powerbank is a lot heavier and larger than most people would want to carry around with them.

1 hour ago, kkerry said:

Fake capacity power banks exposed

Almost all inexpensive 50000 powerbanks are fake, especially if bought on the internet from China. The same goes for cheap large capacity SD cards.

Have a look on Amazon. Check the size, weight and price of any with genuine reviews and compare with what you purchased. A genuine 50000 powerbank is a lot heavier and larger than most people would want to carry around with them.

I got carried away by the free (imitation) velvet bag. Yes I should be in one for being so naive.

Methinks that was possibly my last order with LAZADA and shouldn't have listened to my half-wit friend.

The hot-air oil-free fryers seemed to be a bargain until I spotted them cheaper with a pile of free accessories on a Thai TV shopping channel. Thai company copied the (twice as expensive) branded type and got lumbered with a depot full. Can't give 'em away now. Avoid that one too.

It's back to the chip pan for me .................

Wonder how many thousand other members have been caught out?

The other thing you need to watch out with powerbanks marked as 50000 is flying with them. Airlines are getting tough on large batteries so a powerbank marked as 50000 might no longer be acceptable as checked or carry-on baggage.

I've always found Amazon a good reference point when buying electronics. While not everything on Amazon is as bargain priced as they would like you to believe, whenever you see something advertised elsewhere on the internet for less than half price, be wary unless it is something being sold in its country of origin. (Thai products like coffee, medicinal etc. can have massive markups on Amazon) When it is 10% of the price as you often see microSD cards advertised for then don't even bother. Fake SD cards have been sold in markets and on the internet for years yet people still buy them thinking they are really saving 90% off prices from reputable retailers. It's great to find a bargain but sometimes you have to stop and think for a moment just how realistic an advertised price is.

Never had a problem with Lazada after 50 orders, only 1 return that was taken care of. Sometimes yo uhave to wait some time for the package to arrive from abroad, but I always ask for COD. Only option I use. 

TGF and I have done a lot of ordering from Lazada. Including a Chinese laptop.

Satisfying except for three types of high capacity USB that turned out to be useless. I didn't bother to send them back because the hassle was not worth the modest monetary loss.