Video: Double whammy! Woman with umbrella on bike slams into pick-up - motorcycle taxi guy "helps" by stealing her wallet

webfact

Video: Double whammy! Woman with umbrella on bike slams into pick-up - motorcycle taxi guy "helps" by stealing her wallet

3pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

A video is going viral on Thai social media that shows two big issues for the price of one.

Firstly a young woman is caught on CCTV riding a motorcycle in the rain holding an umbrella that is clearly stopping her seeing the road ahead.

She slams into the back of a parked pickup and her wallet comes free onto the road.

A motorcycle taxi driver with two passengers arrives and rather than help the victim the driver indicates to the man in the middle to pick up the wallet.

They then drive off after the wallet is pocketed.

Another man on a bike helps the lady by wheeling her own vehicle off the road while she makes a telephone call seemingly unaware that her wallet has been stolen.

She does not appear seriously hurt despite the crash.

Thai social media and foreign comment was rife.

People commented on the idiocy of riding a bike holding an umbrella obscuring the road and others called for the arrest of the "win" driver for stealing her wallet when she needed help.

The incidents happened in the Tha Sai area of Samut Sakhon and were posted on the Facebook page of "BigGive Tachalom" and reported by Manager.

The commentary on the video calls mostly for the arrest of the win driver.

Expect this story to run and run.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking into my crystal ball I see three miscreants at a police station waiing there way to forgiveness. After all, it was just a big misunderstanding. They only wanted to look after the wallet temporarily in case someone else stole it. They had intended to return it to the owner.

I keep stopping to pick up wrecked Thai motorbike riders, easily 3 in the past 2 months. I usually tell the wife what happened later and she always says "Did you get the wallet and gold??"  She is joking but these are her people and she knows all how true it is.

23 minutes ago, Pasadena said:
1 hour ago, Pesche said:

A genuine example of Thainess...

Normal for low class people. Not only in Thailand.

+1

Thainess would have been a crowd of people catching the thieves and "holding" them waiting for the cops.  With extreme prejudice...  And hoping the cops take their time.

This is about as low as you can sink, taking advantage and steal from somebody who just had an accident. As a public servant the mc-taxi should loose his license. Now he will probably be fined 500 Baht and a wai. 

What this remind of...The Thee Stooges...this is just the type of gag they would have loved. Seriously, I see riders with a brolly one had controlling the bike even in bright sunshine. In this case, why not wear a plastic mac and a helmet? Or am I making sense :sad: