Advice on re-entry into Thailand

My extension of stay based on Retirement expires on 3 Dec 17. I am going to Europe 14-26 Nov 17. I plan going immigration for single Re-entry form on Friday. I know I can renew Extension to Stay from 2 Nov 17 (30 days beforehand). But if I do does it invalidate status of Re-Entry document.

You can renew extension of stay 60 days prior (you get one year from expiry of old extension, not renewal date) , any re-entry permit has the same expiry dates as your current extension. You would need a new re-entry if you get a new extension. 

Edited by Peterw42

Getting the extension will invalidate a re-entry permit you had before doing it. It becomes invalid since you will have a new permit to stay date.

Also if you had one and used it that would make your extension invalid because you would only be stamped in to the date your current extension ends.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Which office allows that? At most offices it is 30 days and at a few 45 days.

I just did one at jomtien , renewed on 08/08/17 for an extension that expired on 03/10/17. I presumed that was everywhere.

I did use an agent this time, if that maybe makes a difference ??

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I just did one at jomtien , renewed on 08/08/17 for an extension that expired on 03/10/17. I presumed that was everywhere.

I did use an agent this time, if that maybe makes a difference ??

It certainly not normal. Jomtien's policy is 30 days but they will make exceptions if you show a ticket out of the country.

Using an agent can get around the rules sometimes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It certainly not normal. Jomtien's policy is 30 days but they will make exceptions if you show a ticket out of the country.

Using an agent can get around the rules sometimes.

Went myself yesterday. Politely told come back 2 Nov (30 days). But IO checked all my paperwork was completed and correct with annotation

• Like 1