world cup football

oldgent

I am hoping that FIFA won't increase the number of teams playing in the finals in the future. Both UEFA and FIFA have, in recent years, had the tendency to do that unfortunately. I think that 32 is just about right no. for the World Cup Finals. And for Euro Finals, I think 16 is ideal, although of course it has sadly been raised to 24. I feel it has had sort of a 'diluting' effect.

Anyway, as for Russia 2018, I am sure many Russian authorities are very relieved that USA and Ukraine have failed to make it there. I meant security concerns of course.

There are still some remanining places to decide. I am hoping that Rep. of Ireland will make it, just for their fans :) Their fans always bring a lot of color to the Finals.

Australia-Honduras playoff match-up will be a very fascinating affair, I think. It will be very close.

<deleted> the World Cup. Its <deleted>! :passifier: But! If! They get there. I will be supporting Australia. And...................................................................................................every team that plays England. :post-4641-1156694572:

1 hour ago, Jockstar said:

<deleted> the World Cup. Its <deleted>! :passifier: But! If! They get there. I will be supporting Australia. And...................................................................................................every team that plays England. :post-4641-1156694572:

Based on Gordon Strachan's theory, the Aussies must have a good chance. Cahill and co are big guys:clap2:

On 10/14/2017 at 5:49 AM, oldgent said:

Big Sam as boss of USA now that i would like to see. feel for Gordon maybe he just hasn,t got what it takes.

To be fair. It was the earlier results that hurt us. Gordon done ok and got us believing a again.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow; the first legs of both intercontinental playoffs have ended 0-0. The return legs will probably be close too; but I favor the home teams. I think Australia and Peru will qualify.

There is an all-to-play-for match in the African zone later today. Ivory Coast-Morocco. The final match of the final group. The winner will qualify. If it is a draw, Morocco will qualify. Fascinating stuff. I hope I'll be able to find a live link to it online.

I am sort of supporting Ivory Coast in this matchup. I wonder if D.Drogba will come out of international retirement (he is still playing club football) if Ivory Coast qualifies. Probably not, but one can always hope :)  He is a great player.

Edited by JemJem

23 minutes ago, JemJem said:

Wow; the first legs of both intercontinental playoffs have ended 0-0. The return legs will probably be close too; but I favor the home teams. I think Australia and Peru will qualify.

There is an all-to-play-for match in the African zone later today. Ivory Coast-Morocco. The final match of the final group. The winner will qualify. If it is a draw, Morocco will qualify. Fascinating stuff. I hope I'll be able to find a live link to it online.

I am sort of supporting Ivory Coast in this matchup. I wonder if D.Drogba will come out of international retirement (he is still playing club football) if Ivory Coast qualifies. Probably not, but one can always hope :)  He is a great player.

00:30.....Ivory Coast v Morocco.....................beIN Thai Sports 4; BT Sport 3; beIN Sports Arabia  2