VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

Jonathan Fairfield

VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

p.png

A video captured the moment a Thai man brutally assaulted a western man in Pattaya on Wednesday.

Police were called following reports of a road rage incident. 

As reporters filmed a discussion between the parties involved, the Thai man is seen launching a vicious blow to the western man who is knocked to ground and appears to be unconscious.

In the clip, the Thai man lands the brutal punch at around 1 minute 40 seconds. 

The incident happened outside a school and right in front of the police man.

A terrified school girl can be seen screaming for the Thai man to stop.

Video footage shows what looks like a machete in one of the vehicles although it is not clear who the weapon belongs to.

Full story coming soon.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-12

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE

Video: Thai gold shop owner floors Aussie pensioner in school parking lot

Untitled.png

Image: Daily News

A video taken by a news reporter showed an angry 28 year old Thai man floor a 72 year old pensioner with a fist to the face in a Pattaya
school parking lot.

The assault was right in front of a traffic policeman who was trying to sort out a road rage incident that had happened earlier.

Gerard Collins was left with a bloodied face as his 8 year old Thai/Aussie daughter rushed to his side and teachers and students looked on.

Seconds earlier 28 year old Sumeth Rungratanaphan had said: "I have (a) clip - you wanna kill me".

No charges have yet been made as injury reports have been requested by police.

Daily News said in their headline that it "was not known yet who was in the wrong" after Sumeth claimed that before going to the school the Australian had come at him with a chef's knife.

The Daily News reporter was picking up his own child when he became aware of the incident that was developing at Aksorn Suksa School in Soi Korphai, South Pattaya.

He said that Sumeth - owner of gold shop "99" at Wat Chai Monkhol market - had told police that before arriving at the school he had been involved in a minor traffic scrape with the Australian.

Sumeth was in a white Honda Brio while the Australian was in a Nissan NV (Plate 1152). The Australian was indicating to turn right so Sumeth passed on the left but there was a coming together.

He claimed that the Australian wound down the window and started swearing.

p1.png

Sumeth told the reporter: "I stopped and got out. But he went to his boot and got an "Ito" knife and came to attack me. There was blood running out of wounds on my left and right arms.

"I fled in fear of my life. He slashed at my car with his knife causing two windows to be smashed and then he fled the scene".

This all allegedly happened at the end of Soi Korphai.

""I saw him drive into the school", continued Sumeth, "so I called police and followed him in there".

Pictures showed that there was also window damage to the Australian's car.

Once in the school police tried to sort out what had happened.

p2.png

Meanwhile the wife of Sumeth, cradling their one year old baby, filmed along with the reporter.

Then in front of shocked teachers and students Sumeth lost his temper and aimed one punch at the Aussie flooring him in front of the policeman.

The Australian's 8 year old daughter who he was picking up from the school came out and rushed to her father's side.

Through her he gave his side of the story saying about the Thai man:

"He was going to attack me first. I got the knife to protect myself. I didn't intend to harm him".

Nakornrat Nonsrilat of Pattaya police investigating said that both of the men went to hospital and he was waiting for injury reports before proceeding.

More witness statements would be gathered and no charges had yet been made.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-12

UPDATE: Footage emerges of what happened before Aussie was floored in school parking lot

In isolation it looks pretty brutal and unprovoked, but its in response to an earlier incident were the Australian guy attacked the Thai guy with a machete, tried to run the Thai guy over, windows smashed on 2 cars. 

9 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

i just dont see an old frail guy attacking people and cars with a knife. I dont believe it. Staged perhaps? Thais wouldnt go around Ko'ing frail elderely farang surely? Even if he had a knife i would suspect its all to easy to disarm him. Seriously!....

The westerner had a machete for real 

12 minutes ago, krystian said:

Call the real police!! damn it that a$$hole shld hve been arrested for assault already!! 

Which a$$hole ? the Thai guy has (defensive) cuts on his arms from the earlier machete incident.

7 minutes ago, Wallander4 said:

Another deranged Somchai - something very wrong with this male sick population

Allegedly, the guy has just been attacked with a machete, that may tend to be a little upseting.

Put me down as deranged, as I would probably belt a guy that just attacked me and my car with a big knife.

1 minute ago, hyku1147 said:

If the Farang did threaten the Thai - then the axiom "running your mouth works every time but once!" becomes operational.

In my experience, loud mouths who get hammered usually run to  the police.:sad:

If its the case the coward was attacked or threatened the police should have arrested him anyway, he should be allowed to take the law into his own hands

The "Golden Rule".  Any contact, dispute, or confrontation between a Thai Native and Farang has one end:  It's the Farang's Fault.  The only other question to be answered is:  How much does he have to pay?  I have to keep reminding myself that my sense of western justice or western policing absolutely does not apply here.  The police officer was present and an assault actually occurred right in front of him.  The response does not surprise me.  I'm starting to have doubts about how long I want to live here.  

49 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He claimed that the Australian wound down the window and started swearing.

He had it coming!

The stupid pillock went after the Thai bloke with a machete before the clip in the OP.

Any slack the guy would ordinarily have been cut on account of his age vanished the moment he took that route.

No doubt his peers on TVF will defend him to the hilt - what with his being a septuagenarian white male and automatically presumed a towering pillar of the community an' all - but I won't.

Frankly, he should consider himself very fortunate. If it had been the wrong guy he went after with a machete, he'd likely be bleeding out in the gutter leaving his kid an orphan

47 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

i just dont see an old frail guy attacking people and cars with a knife. I dont believe it.

The eye only sees what the mind is prepared to understand ..

45 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

The westerner had a machete for real 

Anyone who has lived here for over 10-15-20 years can see the difference in the Thais attitude to farangs, They (Thais) are  constantly being shown News reports & seeing for themselves, complete farang "Knob heads" staggering around drunk, climbing telephone poles, running around naked, urinating in the streets. Begging because they have run out of money --so are pretending they have sickness or an injury so they can stay.

Running scams --Boiler rooms etc--shooting the opposition. Of course I am not condemning all who live here...but Christ this place does attract loons. And not just for 2 weeks holiday, a lot when they get here just wont go back.

Then the usual rant against Thailand---why do we have to have a visa...we've got money, they should be happy we are here.

Khao-San-Road- On almost any day of the week

Khao-San-Road-homeless-foreignerdd_2.jpg.687783be82da231822ee1e5197af4fe1.jpg

58 minutes ago, nev said:

That's shocking, I can see the Waiing coming up soon at a police station.

Looks like Thailand is still a dangerous place for Australians. I am happy Canadian who lived in peace with the Thais for 30 years and learned to speak fluent Thai in my early years much to the displeasure of my then Thai wife, Farang loo mahk mai dee.

48 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

i just dont see an old frail guy attacking people and cars with a knife. I dont believe it. Staged perhaps? Thais wouldnt go around Ko'ing frail elderely farang surely? Even if he had a knife i would suspect its all to easy to disarm him. Seriously!....

saw the clip on channel 3 news,that was no KNIFE. that was the African tribes use to chop down trees.

5 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

The "Golden Rule".  Any contact, dispute, or confrontation between a Thai Native and Farang has one end:  It's the Farang's Fault.  The only other question to be answered is:  How much does he have to pay?  I have to keep reminding myself that my sense of western justice or western policing absolutely does not apply here.  The police officer was present and an assault actually occurred right in front of him.  The response does not surprise me.  I'm starting to have doubts about how long I want to live here.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You forgot the other golden rule.

In the Thaivisa Supreme Court, any contact, dispute of confrontation between a Thai native and a farang will always be "Somchai's" fault because everyone knows that farangs are simply incapable of wrongdoing.

If you don't want to live here, you know where the airport is.

Send me the bill for your taxi fare

18 minutes ago, Wallander4 said:

Another deranged Somchai - something very wrong with this male sick population

a lot of people make the error of thinking we are liked here, as I have been saying for a very long time - we are tolerated and that toleration runs out very quickly, this is Thailand, you are and always will be a foreigner  here and it is their country - they will very quickly make you aware of that fact if provoked.

Archived