i have been living and working in thailand for the last 3 years. have had my salary paid into the bankevery month. i want to know if, as a foreigner, i can apply for a personal loan with a bank. my b/friend is thai, but doesn;t have a monthly salary paid into his bank. can we apply together?

i have been living and working in thailand for the last 3 years. have had my salary paid into the bankevery month. i want to know if, as a foreigner, i can apply for a personal loan with a bank. my b/friend is thai, but doesn;t have a monthly salary paid into his bank. can we apply together?

What's the purpose of the loan?

to buy a jet ski.

to buy a jet ski.

Salary statements with a letter from your employer to prove the status of your job should help you get the loan. I don't think you should have a problem.

to buy a jet ski.

Salary statements with a letter from your employer to prove the status of your job should help you get the loan. I don't think you should have a problem.

Something similair na.

Could I apply for a loan in order to buy a condo.

I know money has to come from abroad.

What if I have a loan from a Thai bank, transfer that money to my foreign bank and then send back that money as a proof of the money coming from abroad?

Alex

Alex

The money coming from abroad was a requirement of the investment visa, as they have ended that option, it is a moot point.

The other reason to have money come from abroad is to to get the foreign exchange certificate (TT3?) for when you want to take the money back out of the country.

Of course another reason you may want to go down that path is to keep the banks in the manner they like to be accustomed with their fees. :o

If there are any other reasons for the import of the money could someone enlighten me.

I've been looking at getting a loan for a condo from a few local banks. I have a work permit and been employed for just under a year. The banks I've tried won't loan to a foreigner unless they've been employed for at least 2 years with a work permit and won't loan more than 50% of the banks valuation of the condo.

• 2 weeks later...

to buy a jet ski.