Decent coffee somewhere around Nana/Asoke ?

Sandy Freckle

39 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

D'ark at Emquartier serves the best coffee in Bangkok.

impossible to make a statement like that.  best coffee is very subjective.  your superlative all knowing conclusion does not even contain a body to describe / elaborate why.

now that we're into upscale coffee let me share a secret. in bangkok much of the specialty coffee beans are roasted by peaberry coffee (thai guy that learned in usa and europe) they supply private label beans to multiple coffee shops.

they roast beans from many countries to provide single origin and blends.

they have a retail store/coffee shop at rainhill mall sukumwit 47 http://www.rainhill47.com/shop_list-and-floor_guide/shop_detail/index.php?id=102 .  called pacamara coffe. the prices there wont break the bank either.  their webpage is . http://www.espressofriend.com/index.php

thonglor    http://danielfooddiary.com/2016/09/28/pacamarabkk/ .  roaster, lab and coffee shop.

Pacamara Coffee Roasters x Specialty Coffee Lab
66 Soi Thonglor 25 Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Tel: +66 02 048 5900
Opening Hours: 8am – 9pm

Other locations:
Bangkok : RainHill Retail Mall 777 Sukhumvit 47 Bangkok 10110
Tel : +66 02 2617830

Chiang Mai: 80/5 Rachadumnoen Rd (ถนนคนเดิน). Mueang Chiang Mai
Tel: +66 053 327324

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

now that we're into upscale coffee let me share a secret. in bangkok much of the specialty coffee beans are roasted by peaberry coffee (thai guy that learned in usa and europe) they supply private label beans to multiple coffee shops.

they roast beans from many countries to provide single origin and blends.

they have a retail store/coffee shop at rainhill mall sukumwit 47 http://www.rainhill47.com/shop_list-and-floor_guide/shop_detail/index.php?id=102 .  called pacamara coffe. the prices there wont break the bank either.  their webpage is . http://www.espressofriend.com/index.php

thonglor    http://danielfooddiary.com/2016/09/28/pacamarabkk/ .  roaster, lab and coffee shop.

Pacamara Coffee Roasters x Specialty Coffee Lab
66 Soi Thonglor 25 Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Tel: +66 02 048 5900
Opening Hours: 8am – 9pm

Other locations:
Bangkok : RainHill Retail Mall 777 Sukhumvit 47 Bangkok 10110
Tel : +66 02 2617830

Chiang Mai: 80/5 Rachadumnoen Rd (ถนนคนเดิน). Mueang Chiang Mai
Tel: +66 053 327324

Pacamara is truly great coffee. They have 2 shops in Chiang Mai and 3 in Bangkok. 2 of the Bangkok shops are mentioned above and the last is at Chula Hospital, open 24/7. The Chula shop is cheaper than the other 2 and always have some nice female nurse/student/doctor eye-candy to watch.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

D'ark at Emquartier serves the best coffee in Bangkok.

in addition be cautious at emquartier since the rents are high and lots of places trying to be more pretentious than the other but the taste and service can be lacking though prices sky high.

i did have a very nice tanzania bean espresso at the emquartier food court beverage concession and the price was very reasonable.

40 minutes ago, atyclb said:

impossible to make a statement like that.  best coffee is very subjective.  your superlative all knowing conclusion does not even contain a body to describe / elaborate why.

Just wanted to spark some debate....of course its a subjective comment.

Seems to have worked!

You can usually find me in Central Rama 9 enjoying the finest 50 Baht coffee in Bangkok.....I will let you all guess where!

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Just wanted to spark some debate....of course its a subjective comment.

Seems to have worked!

You can usually find me in Central Rama 9 enjoying the finest 50 Baht coffee in Bangkok.....I will let you all guess where!

Amazon? No wait, their coffee is only 45 baht.

if you need an espresso or capuchino and nothing special is around better to get one at a 7 / 11 that has a coffee bar. the price is right and once you add milk and sugar or flavor the underlying bean taste is camouflaged. 

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Dean and Deluca by Phrom Pong is decent too but a bit pricey.

Dean & Deluca is coffee to perfection. You can nurse their large cappuccino for about an hour and the foam still haven't collapsed. Try their flagship shop at the Cube at Mahanakorn if you also want a bite to eat. It is especially nice in December with all the Christmas decorations.

With their membership card, you get one free coffee for every 5 you buy.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

6 hours ago, amvet said:

I find ordering a small cafe Americano and pouring a single shot of espresso into it is a good way to get a decent cup of coffee when I'm not at home.

don't mean no disrespect but that's like pouring a measure of malt whisky into a half of lager...

5 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

don't mean no disrespect but that's like pouring a measure of malt whisky into a half of lager...

That would be a boilermaker quite common where I'm from but may I inquire if you have ever tried pouring espresso into a cafe Americano?  Remember I said it is a way to get poor coffee to taste OK.

Some of the recommendations here are for instant coffee places.

There is a newer place on Soi 4 (Nana) near the cut off to Soi 6 called Arbarita.  Good fresh brew they open at 6am.

The best bang for the buck is actually 7-11.  Fresh grind brew for cheap.

On 10/13/2017 at 9:19 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

RADI grab & go, at Ploenchit BTS. It is a Chiang Mai coffee shop/farm and they roast their own Arabic coffee. 50 baht before 9 am.

I go there 2-3 times a week at 8 am.

There is another very good CM coffee shop in Bangkok, but it it outside the area you are looking for.

Anyone had a chance to try RADI?

I really enjoy their coffee, but of course it also my first cup of the day. I will like a second opinion.

41 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Anyone had a chance to try RADI?

I really enjoy their coffee, but of course it also my first cup of the day. I will like a second opinion.

I thought it was very sour tasting.  If you like that, then go.