FM local radio

emilymat

I know it's unfortunate circumstances that have required the local stations to change their profile of programmes and music during the period of mourning. I understand that and, oddly I welcome it, after listening to 103fm this morning.  (It's not the presenters etc. but the music). I think, but cannot be sure, that most people have the radio on as 'background' whilst they get on with other things.

It was so much easier to listen today with a variety of more relaxing music, rather than that 'mid-Atlantic' stuff normally banging away. Keep that for the evening's.

I know, I know it's age, but I hope the radio station might take this opportunity to survey listeners on this matter, whilst they have an opportunity.

Hmmmm....guess I'll get it in the neck!

You won't be getting it in the neck from me; I agree with you. There is a lot of "get down with the kids" music in the morning, which I find odd. I presume it is aimed at children going to school. The advertisers seem to be targetting their parents. 

I think most expats here do not conform to a family unit demographic and might prefer listening to more music from the 60s and 70s. That is what I would like, anyway.