Scottish man dies after motorcycle hits lamppost in Sattahip

rooster59

23 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Drivers and riders ALSO need to take responsibility for their driving/riding behaviours! You cannot leave total blame with Government (and yes, we all know they should be doing better). All the regulations in the world will not stop motor vehicle crashes except banning the vehicles.

In case you're wondering - yes, I have ridden motorcycles in Thailand. With some good luck(?) and using commonsense managed to avoid any crashes. Always expect the unexpected.

Well, personally I think it is responsibility of the government to influence attitudes into getting people to take responsibility.  My country has seen major advances in road safety during my lifetime, that did not happen alone, we did not all simultaneously decide to change our attitude, our government made the test much harder and put out a large amount of road safety awareness campaign material, they put the idea in our heads for us.

Edited by Kieran00001

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/14/2017 at 11:17 AM, joepattaya1961 said:

At least he didn't suffer a head injury. Another example that helmets are not always saving you. 

And you know this how exactly?  Anyone that rides a bike without a helmet needs their head examined, which is usually quite easy as their brains are splattered all over the road.  Cracks me up the amount of morons that are stopped in police roadblocks with no helmet.  No brains for not wearing one in the first place and no brains given the knowledge there are roadblocks practically every day with PC Plod filling the Xmas party coffers.

No sympathy whatsoever when they either get wiped out financially or on the road.