Diy Apostille In Thailand

bina

hi all

another leagl question regarding APOSTILLE FOR THREE DOCUMENTS>

we now have a POA (power of attorney) for thai brother in law (stamped at thai consulate here in tel aviv). now we are sending him off to khungthep to run thru the MFA ETC thing for thai husband's three documents: birth certificate trnslated to english, police record (already in english) and statement of being single that will be translated in bangkok

1. will the MFA keep the POA?vbrother in law was unsure (hard for him to deal with authorities on a phone), because he needs it -the POA - to bring the documents to the israeli embassy afterwards (spoke to them on phone and they said no prob. if we send POA w/brother in law, and copy of Thai ID card and passport and copy of our marriage certs w/consulate file/book number) and brother in law with id etc. and money for each page done.

2. after the MFA, does he have to go somehwere else to get addional stamp (like the justice of the court?) or does the MFA do that automatically.?

in israel for my documentation translated to english i let the attorney/notarian do all the leg work cause we have extra stamps (rabbinical court, blablabla); when we married in thailand we let a company 'help' do the leg work for a princely fee so i havent a clue to what actually is to be done.

any ideas???? in Laksi it is 800 baht for the certs.; not sure what else is needed?

appreciate the feedback. its hard dealing with banork in korat trying to ask questions, easier here and pass info on.

bina and anon

progressing very slowly towards visa........

bumping this back up...

no takers???

will the MFA keep the power of attorney paper or not?? i really need to know to tell brother in law up in korat and it is really too hard to get him to call the MFA and ask these questions (banork thai) so what do all u legal eagles think...

do i need a separate POA for the israeli consulate or not?

and do the papers have to be stamped by anywhere else to do the 'apostille' thing, besides the MFA and my consulate in bangkok????

really really appreciate any answer.... up til now everyone was helpful, where are all the legal advisors now???????

thank you in advance

bina and anon