Thaksins Son Grilled For Two Hours

george

Our sales of Shin Corp to Temasek accordance with laws : Panthongtae

BANGKOK: -- Panthongtae Shinawatra, the son of ousted prime minister, reiterated Wednesday that the sale of Shin Corp to Singapore's Temasek Holdings was in accordance to the laws.

He was speaking to reporters after testifying to the sub-committee of the Assets Examination Committee for about two hours on Wednesday. The sub-committee was investigating his involvement in the controversial business transaction.

Panthongtae, who was accompanied by his younger sister Paethongtarn, was hounded by scores of reporters who crowded his entry and departure of the AEC office. The two had to litterally fight their way through the thick crowd of reporters as security details appeared helpless to push off the fiesty journalists.

The two arrived at about 10:50AM and Panthongtae entered the questioning room at 11am. They break for lunch noon and re-entered the process at about 1:45PM.

It was reported that he asked for a break three times during the procedures.

He said he was consulted over the process with his father who has been abroad since being ousted by the military junta in July.

On the way back to his car after finishing the testifying, his supporters who gathered since in the morning, shouted, "Oak (Pantongtae's nickname), Fight On, Fight On."

Meanwhile a sub committee member, Klanarong Chantik said that the sub-committee members just took notes what Pantongtae said in the questioning room.

"We are in the process of collecting information and evidence concerning the allegations," Klanarong said.

Another sub committee member, Sak Korsaengrueng, said that Pantongtae was invited to give the testimonies, not as an accused.

"Everything is fine. He could answer nearly all questions which are basic in nautre. It is likely that we will not invite him for another testimony unless we need more information," Sak said.

-- The Nation 2007-01-10

"My duty was to sign documents" : Panthongtae

BANGKOK: -- Panthongtae Shinawatra, son of ousted premier implicated during his testimony with an Assets Examination sub Committee it was his mother's personal secretary who conducted on his behalf over sales of Shin Corp to Singapore's Temasek Holdings.

Wiroj Laohapan, a sub committee member quoted Panthongtae as testifying that he did not know much about the sales of the shares of Shin Corps and his duties were just signing documents.

"Pantongtae testified that it was Kanjanapa Honghern, personal secretary of his mother, Khunying Pojaman, who was in charge of all procedures involving the sales," Wiroj said.

Panthongtae, the eldest son of deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, testified before the sub committee for two hours for his involvement in the sales of Shin Corp to Temasek Holdings last year. The sub-committee was investigating his involvement in the controversial business transaction.

Most of his answers to the sub committee's questions were, "No, I don' know," Wiroj said.

Wiroj added that so the sub committee will ask Kanjanapa, who is scheduled to testify on January 12, to clarify Pantongtae's testimony. Thaksin's second child, Pintongta is scheduled to testify on January 24 on the same issue.

On his way back to his car after the questioning Panthongtae reiterated that the sales of Shin Corp to Singapore's Temasek Holdings was in accordance to the laws.

Panthongtae, who was accompanied by his younger sister Paethongtarn, was hounded by scores of reporters who crowded his entry and departure of the AEC office. The two had to literally fight their way through the thick crowd of reporters as security details appeared helpless to push off the fiesty journalists.

The two arrived at about 10:50AM and Panthongtae entered the questioning room at 11am. They break for lunch noon and re-entered the process at about 1:45PM.

It was reported that he asked for a break three times during the procedures.

He said he was consulted over the process with his father who has been abroad since being ousted by the military junta in July.

On the way back to his car after finishing the testifying, his supporters who gathered since in the morning, shouted, "Oak (Pantongtae's nickname), Fight On, Fight On."

Meanwhile a sub committee member, Klanarong Chantik said that the sub-committee members just took notes what Pantongtae said in the questioning room.

"We are in the process of collecting information and evidence concerning the allegations," Klanarong said.

Another sub committee member, Sak Korsaengrueng, said that Pantongtae was invited to give the testimonies, not as an accused.

"Everything is fine. He could answer nearly all questions which are basic in nautre. It is likely that we will not invite him for another testimony unless we need more information," Sak said.

-- The Nation 2007-01-10

Most of his answers to the sub committee's questions were, "No, I don' know," Wiroj said.
On his way back to his car after the questioning Panthongtae reiterated that the sales of Shin Corp to Singapore's Temasek Holdings was in accordance to the laws.

Just curious, if he doesn't know anything except what he was told then how can he be sure what he did was legal?

Just curious, if he doesn't know anything except what he was told then how can he be sure what he did was legal?

because someone told him to say it was :-)

What a maroon. What a castaway. Grill him and smoke me some kippers Davey Boy, I'll be back for breakfast.

Thaksin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said Panthongtae had confirmed he would meet the AEC. He also showed confidence that he would be able to answer the panel's questions. And while he would have to be interviewed alone, he had consulted legal advisers well.

And what was the point in "consulting his legal advisers well"?

Did you know he was born in the states and is an American Citizen. I wonder if he holds a U.S. Passport and if that will save his bacon. Then again I understand that the IRS offers substantial rewards for those that do not pay their capital gains taxes. :o They have that boy coming or going.

Did you know he was born in the states and is an American Citizen. I wonder if he holds a U.S. Passport and if that will save his bacon. Then again I understand that the IRS offers substantial rewards for those that do not pay their capital gains taxes. :o They have that boy coming or going.

now we'll see what daddy's made of ....................... :D

Thaksin son insists 'no wrongdoing' in Shin Corp shares case

BANGKOK: -- Spending three hours clarifying the purchase of Shin Corp shares with the Assets Examination Committee (AEC) on Wednesday, Panthongtae Shinawatra, the only son of deposed Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, reaffirmed that he did not do anything in violation of the law.

"We have done everything correctly," Mr. Panthongtae said, as he spoke briefly to a crowd of journalists before leaving the Office of the Auditor-General of Thailand (OAG) where testimony was given and he was cross-examined by the AEC without the presence of his lawyers in the room.

This was the first time that Mr. Panthongtae appeared before the AEC since the panel ruled that he and his younger sister Pinthongta are among those involved in the tax-free Shin Corp share transaction allegedly in violation of Thai law, in terms of tax evasion.

As part of the long and complicated story related to the deal, Mr. Panthongtae and Ms. Pinthongta on January 20 last year bought 329 million shares of Shin Corp outside the stock market at 1 baht per share from Ample Rich Investments Co, a shadowy offshore company allegedly set up by Mr. Thaksin and registered in the tax haven British Virgin Islands.

Three days later, on January 23, 2006, the brother and sister sold their stock shares to Singapore's Temasek holdings at 49.25 baht per share via the stock market, making a quick profit without paying any tax. The deal raised questions about insider trading and tax evasion even though it was claimed to have been carried out in line with the market law.

The sale of Shin Corp shares to Temasek is among many of Mr. Thaksin's family business deals being investigated for violating Thai law by the assets probe panel installed by the Council for National Security (CNS), the military body which staged the coup toppling the Thaksin government on September 19.

AEC member Klanarong Chantik said the atmosphere during Mr. Panthongtae's testifying was good and every single word of his statements was recorded for further investigation.

AEC spokesman Sak Korsaengruang said panel members queried Mr.Thaksin's son every question they were curious. He said the case involving the two siblings will not be concluded until January 24 when Ms. Pinthongta is scheduled to give her statement.

No charges have been formally filed against anyone as the case is still now at the stage of collecting evidence, Mr. Sak explained.

--TNA 2007-01-10

pretty obvious he and sis were deliberately kept in the dark, just sign this dears, need to know basis

what he doesnt know he cant spill. Better go after their Mum

Should still pay his taxes like good honest citizens (even our Queen has to pay tax)

post-27080-1168428597_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1168428361_thumb.jpg

Pantongtae and Praetongtarn Shinawatra tries to fight their ways at the Assets Examination Committee office on Wednesday. Pantongtae, eldest son of deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, gave his testimonies on his involvement in the sales of Shin Corp to Temasek Holdings of Singapore

"My duty was to sign documents"

Pantongtae is likely to be found guilty. :o

Thaksin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said Panthongtae had confirmed he would meet the AEC. He also showed confidence that he would be able to answer the panel's questions. And while he would have to be interviewed alone, he had consulted legal advisers well.
And what was the point in "consulting his legal advisers well"?

Because they coached him how to say "I don't know" in several different ways :o

post-27080-1168433134_thumb.jpg

After the movie Gang Chanee Gap Eabb pointed to the 'gay' mannerisms which apparently betray and expose eaab (closest gays who hide behind women to pretend they are straight).

post-27080-1168433176_thumb.jpg

The comedy is about a group of women friends who set out to expose a man, Mr Perfect, who enters the life of one of their pack, and whom they suspect is not a 'real' man at all.

According to this theory, closet gays can try as hard as they like to look straight, but the way they dress, the things they like, even physical mannerisms will always betray their true gender leaning, to those women who are sharp enough to notice.

post-27080-1168431801_thumb.jpg

A Daily News photographer captured this picture of Thaksin Shinawatra's son, Pantongtae Shinawatra, waiting at hospital where his latest girlfriend ( Yardthip Rajpal ) had been admitted feeling unwell.

post-27080-1168434287_thumb.jpg

Yardthip Rajpal has an interesting look, really quite pretty in some of her photos.

http://www.asiansweetheart.net/Thai_Beauty...ip/yadthip.html

Pantongtae holds his chin in hand, with pinky pointed upwards, is the same way a typical eabb will hold his chin.

Apparently the movie regards this mannerism as one way of telling that you have an eabb in your midst.

If he is a US citizen he is liable for US taxes, passport or no passport. If he was once a US citizen and he did not formally revoke it, the IRS has him. US Passport will not save him, it will only make the case for US taxation stronger. US citizens are liable for US taxation on income earned everywhere, not just in the US. The taxes would be large, and probably exceed the amount he can legally move out of Thailand. Deep siht.

What was the point of bringing his younger sister with him? She was not scheduled to testify, and he was supposed to testify alone. Did she endure the media crush just to sit outside the interrogation room door for two hours?

After the movie Gang Chanee Gap Eabb pointed to the 'gay' mannerisms which apparently betray and expose eaab (closest gays who hide behind women to pretend they are straight).

Pantongtae holds his chin in hand, with pinky pointed upwards, is the same way a typical eabb will hold his chin.

Apparently the movie regards this mannerism as one way of telling that you have an eabb in your midst.

And, if i may ask, what has Panthongtae's sexuality to do with anything, especially the thread topic?

And, if i may ask, what has Panthongtae's sexuality to do with anything, especially the thread topic?

I dont know if this is true or not, but a psychologist once told me that an eabb might be the result of an unloving father. This could be BS. but I suspect Thaksin was a poor father. He couldn't have the time for fatherhood with all the business & greasy politics in his life. I heard the boy was on drugs... children often turn to drugs because lack of parental love and guidance. I never saw a happy photo of the poor rich kid.

I dont know if this is true or not, but a psychologist once told me that an eabb might be the result of an unloving father. This could be BS. but I suspect Thaksin was a poor father. He couldn't have the time for fatherhood with all the business & greasy politics in his life. I heard the boy was on drugs... children often turn to drugs because lack of parental love and guidance. I never saw a happy photo of the poor rich kid.

Well, i am sure that anything can be somehow attributed to an unloving father if one really wants to in order to confirm one's view.

I still fail to understand what Panthongtae's alleged sexuality has to do with him being grilled for two hours. Which, if i am not mistaken is the thread title.

But then i guess, as is custom here on this board, every thread that has something to do with Thaksin or his family is an open invitation for generally not very intelligent gloating and venomenous hate mongering. :o

What are you on? :o:D

But then i guess, as is custom here on this board, every thread that has something to do with Thaksin or his family is an open invitation for generally not very intelligent gloating and venomenous hate mongering. :o

Its tearing you apart, isn't it ColPyat. :D

post-27080-1168433134_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1168433176_thumb.jpg

The comedy is about a group of women friends who set out to expose a man, Mr Perfect, who enters the life of one of their pack, and whom they suspect is not a 'real' man at all.

According to this theory, closet gays can try as hard as they like to look straight, but the way they dress, the things they like, even physical mannerisms will always betray their true gender leaning, to those women who are sharp enough to notice.

post-27080-1168431801_thumb.jpg

A Daily News photographer captured this picture of Thaksin Shinawatra's son, Pantongtae Shinawatra, waiting at hospital where his latest girlfriend ( Yardthip Rajpal ) had been admitted feeling unwell.

post-27080-1168434287_thumb.jpg

Yardthip Rajpal has an interesting look, really quite pretty in some of her photos.

http://www.asiansweetheart.net/Thai_Beauty...ip/yadthip.html

Thank you for lifting the fog from the Shin-Temasek affair. Its all clear now.

Many Thais support efforts to squelch illegal activity, but lament that the top gangsters and politicos always seem to elude arrest.

The imprisonment of Al Capone -- a U.S. Prohibition-era gangster convicted of evading taxes during the 1920s -- showed how Thailand could fight such slippery criminals.

Al Capone

post-27080-1168461842_thumb.jpg

The most notorious gangster in the history of the nation, Alphonse Capone, better known to most as Al Capone or Scarface, ran Chicago with blood and guns.

Capone was born in Brooklyn in 1899 to two Italian immigrants. From the beginning, he never responded well to authority. He beat a female teacher while in his sixth grade year and left after the principal verbally chastised him for the incident. Facing a life of low paying jobs, he joined the street gang led by Johny Torrio and Lucky Luciano.

Late in December 1918, Capone killed a man in an argument. Rather than face the charges, he called his old friend Torrio, who was now in Chicago. Capone moved to Chicago on the invitation of Torrio.

He carried his rough style of dealing with people to Chicago. As the bartender at Torrio's club, he broke the bones the arms, legs, and even skulls of those he evicted from the establishment.

However, Torrio did not bring Capone to Chicago to beat up drunkards. As Torrio's right hand man, he received the job killing off "Big Jim" Colosimo, who ran Chicago's underground. After the passage of prohibition in 1920, Torrio was constantly harrasing the boss to establish underground drinking esablishments. Tired of hearing "NO" from Colosimo, Torrio had him killed by Capone on May 11, 1920. Torrio became boss of Chicago, and Capone became the manager of alcohol for the city.

Al Capone became head of the Chicago mafia after Torrio was seriously wounded in an assassination attempt and stepped down from the head spot in 1925. Throughout his reign he ran the streets of Chicago with his mob. When his mob with at its prime, Capone had city aldermen, mayors, legislators, governors, congressmen, and over half the Chicago police force on his payroll.

In 1929 he made his biggest blunder by ordering the shooting of Bugs Moran, part of another Chicago underground faction, on February 14. In what is known as the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, Capone's men killed a group seven people, but Moran was not in the group. The even, however, changed the public mind about pursuing organized crime.

post-27080-1168462187_thumb.jpg

Cell B206 where Al Capone presumably stayed

By now, the IRS had been gathering tax evasion information on Capone for some time through a hired agent, Eddie O'Hare. O'Hare ran Capone's dog and race tracks and told the IRS where they could find Capone's financial records. On November 24, Al Capone was sentenced to 11 years in Federal prison, fined $50,000, charged $7692 for court costs, and $215,000 in back taxes for tax evasion.

He was released in 1939, after serving seven years and paying all of his back taxes. His mental and physical condition had severely deteriorated and he entered Baltimore hospital for brain treatment immediately after his release. He died of a stroke and pneumonia on January 25, 1947, having killed Eddie O'Hare before he died.