Asean Football Championship

lambous

This Friday night Jan 12 Thailand is playing Myanmar in the opening match of the ASEAN Football Championship (formerly Tiger Cup) at Supachalasai stadium. Sounds like you guys had a good time watching the King's cup so I was wondering if everyone will be up for going down to the stadium for this match?

I was thinking of going to watch this game but I discovered that the game is live on Star Sports with English commentry.

Thailand should progress from their group so I would definitely like to go to a game in the later stages of the tournament. It would be really sweet if Thailand played Singapore in the semi or final. :o

Guys, I'm pretty sure that the kickoff isn't until 7.30pm.

Anyway when we went to the King's Cup the tickets were 50, 100 and 200 baht. The 50 baht tickets were for behind the goal. The 100 baht was for the side stand which was uncovered and 200 baht for the main covered stand.

In my opinion if you don't mind watching the game from behind the goal, then go for the 50 baht ticket.

Thailand were great in the 1st half, if it wasn't for the Burmese keeper they would have been down by a number of goals at half time. Burma took the one and only chance they had. Thailand were pretty poor in the 2nd half. Burmas time wasting tactics in the 2nd half were beyond a joke, they also commited about 50 fouls. Referee hadley gave out any cards, far too lenient. Great, fun atmosphere in the stadium. The Thai fans seemed to really appreciate the farangs that were there cheering Thailand. Don' think i will attend the game against Philippines because it will be a cricket score but I will be keen to see Thailand vs Malaysia.

The match btw Thailand Vs Malaysia is a match that everyone needs to watch ,

After seeing the malaysian hammer the pinoys by 4 goals its going to be a tough match for the thais. Malaysia recalled most of their experience players who used played in France & Germany league .

Thailand needs to beat Malaysia and draw agaisnt philipines to advance.

I thought that Malaysia weren't that good. They were playing a poor team and the 4-0 victory was flattering.

Thailand had enough chances in the first half to have the game tied up before the break. I agree with Costa that the Myanmar keeper had a great game and that the ref was far to lenient.

If i was the Thai coach I would be a bit disappointed with the result but happy with the performance.

As for Myanmar, they weren't very pretty to watch but they had a game plan and it almost worked. I think that they can qualify for the next round. :o

I think the Myanmar Keepr was outstanding but too bad he get injured and they had to replace him.. Any chance we can sign him for Sunbelt lol heheheh im sure with free beer lao every week he will take up the offer hahaha

Thailand Vs Malaysia

Date: 16 January 2007

Time : 19 00 Hrs

Venue : Supasilachai Stadium Bangkok (MBK)

This is the game to watch ... Thailand needs to win this to keep their hopes alive in order to progress to the next round. As for Malaysia they have recalled several of their top players who is having a pro stint in Germany Bundasliga and the French league . They also have included a young player called Titus James Palani a Malaysian Citizen but hold a French second nationality playing his trade in france for FC Villenoy. This is the guy who beat the great PELE in a jugling competition when he was 14 years old.

5 of my friends are up for this match and hope you guys join us..

Cheers

Tytus

Edited by tytus

Just spoke to Joe. We're keen for a few beers before the match. I know a good reasonably priced bar in Siam unless anyone else has any suggestions. Theres always cathouse, nana, MBK food court. What would be a good time to meet? When do you all finish work?

7 goals from one player must be a Singaporean record??

I dont think so . The record still hold by a player named Tytus playing in the under 12 tournement many years ago. scoring 10 goals hahahahaha :o

Edited by tytus

I think I should be up for going tonight. Will probably just meet you guys at the stadium. I think that we should do it Danish style and go for the 50 baht tickets behind the goal.

Anyway Costa I don't have your number but I have Joe's. I'll contact him later once he gets out of bed. :o

And that after I poor tons of whiskey/cokes at you and others at your birthday party - with Joe getting the thank you... ungrateful Scot!

Cheers!

I think I should be up for going tonight. Will probably just meet you guys at the stadium. I think that we should do it Danish style and go for the 50 baht tickets behind the goal.

Anyway Costa I don't have your number but I have Joe's. I'll contact him later once he gets out of bed. :o