52 arrested in crackdown as police focus on black migrants and tourists in Bangkok

webfact

1 hour ago, sklmeeera said:

Whats the problem ? If you dont want to buy no one is forcing you . I thought thats why whiteys are in Bangkok anyway for the hookers and drugs . 

I think he means that some of these drug dealers are pushy and annoying - I get that. I absolutely hate it when a stranger comes up to me on the street and tries to sell me something. It's even more uncomfortable if said individual is a foreigner. The only strangers I generally respond to on the street are Thais - foreigners only if they look like they are tourists and need directions. There are no other circumstances under which any stranger should talk to someone on the street, especially when there are thousands of other people to ask. Of course, I ignore any and all attempts to stop me when I walk down the streets of Bangkok. "Whiteys" may be in Bangkok for the hookers, drugs not so much. They warn you about that when you're on the plane.

5 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

Addressed to "Simple 1"

If the prison population is as what your saying is more represented by coloured people . Well have you ever thought the reason could be the white poms do not give them a basic job to make a basic living so have no alternative to feed their family but to commit a crime. I would commit a crime to feed my family if I was in their situation and I'm white Falang. What would you do? Let your kids starve?

Of course, anyone under extreme adversity will do whatever it takes to care for their family.

But, speaking in terms of the US... I believe that the percentage of people of color who try to do the right thing under adversity is equal to or better than that of their non-black counterparts. There are plenty of black-americans who struggle with adverse conditions without resorting to crime, and plenty of spoiled white-brats who commit crimes without any justification due to adversity.

I believe that the disproportionate percentage of black-americans in prison has more to do with navigating the labyrinth known as the judicial system. Black-americans tend to have less access to good legal representation, and I think experience more bias within the judicial process than their non-black counterparts do. "White" offenders are faster to "lawyer up", and less likely to settle for court appointed representation. They are more likely to get paroled or be given community service, while black-americans are more likely to receive jail time. I think if one were to look at only black-americans, the same bias would hold true, and one would see that more affluent/educated black-americans tend to receive fewer prison sentences.

People here often complain that money buys off justice in Thailand, but that is also very true in the US. Just in a different way. Here it tends to be the ability to buy the privilege to not appear in court. In the US it tends to be the ability to buy the best attorneys to determine the outcome in the court room. Endless examples abound.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, quandow said:

Unless you're an honest, law abiding black.

Nonsense. Blacks living outside of the Nana area have nothing to worry about, especially if they are law abiding and have done nothing wrong. Although it sucks, getting pulled over to have your documents checked is just part of living in Thailand. If you have nothing to hide, no problem.

2 hours ago, balo said:

The police must have been earning good money since they allowed them to stay in lower Suk for so long.  Maybe the cleanup will last who knows , but I'm afraid the same people will be back on the streets tomorrow. 

It is not just the police. This runs up to a very high level at an institution not of the Thai government. This institution is on the take for serious money, and in turn provides services that actually makes the job very difficult for the Thai police. Until that rotten core is removed, the problem will persist.

• Like 1

It is not just the police. This runs up to a very high level at an institution not of the Thai government. This institution is on the take for serious money, and in turn provides services that actually makes the job very difficult for the Thai police. Until that rotten core is removed, the problem will persist.
Nonsense. The Nigerian dealers do not carry. There pockets are empty they use a very simple system for drug delivery that assures the foot soldiers on Sukhumvit are clean as a whistle

The only thing they may get busted for is visa vialations. I've seen many being searched over the years living down there and the bib go through everything, pockets, passports but never saw a bust

You conspiracy theory is childish.

3 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Nonsense. The Nigerian dealers do not carry. There pockets are empty they use a very simple system for drug delivery that assures the foot soldiers on Sukhumvit are clean as a whistle

The only thing they may get busted for is visa vialations. I've seen many being searched over the years living down there and the bib go through everything, pockets, passports but never saw a bust

You conspiracy theory is childish.

Ah, childish. A rich compliment indeed.

How do you think these folks are getting these endless extensions-of-stay to reside here for so long?

Without a job, without a wife, without being 50+ years old.

But, hey, me and my childish conspiracy theories...

Then again, I have actually spoken with an individual who revealed the answer to that mystery, with the passport to demonstrate it.

• Like 1

Ah, childish. A rich compliment indeed. How do you think these folks are getting these endless extensions-of-stay to reside here for so long?

Without a job, without a wife, without being 50+ years old.

But, hey, me and my childish conspiracy theories...

Then again, I have actually spoken with an individual who revealed the answer to that mystery, with the passport to demonstrate it.

You think it's the same crew? How cute. Those that overstay pay the 20k fine and come back or new soldiers take their place

These guys are selling a gram here and there to tourists and you think they are protected.. Ahahah!

19 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

You think it's the same crew? How cute. Those that overstay pay the 20k fine and come back or new soldiers take their place

These guys are selling a gram here and there to tourists and you think they are protected.. Ahahah!

No fines need be paid. Their passports, and the stamps they require, are handled.

But clearly you are so much more worldly than I am.

I must have dreamt my exchange with one of those very "soldiers".

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

One of those arrested was charged with deceiving Thai women in a romance scam:cheesy:

Surely that is a joke? deceiving in a romance scam, not only done by Thai women, but also to them, priceless.

The rule is do as we  say not do as we do!

Problem here is we seem to be heading in a direction of more xenophobic and discriminatory. while the  1st world tries to become blind to race.

Edited by jacko45k

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

But if I said it (being white) then would it be racist ?

Interestingly, at a workshop held at OSU (Ohio State University) recently, students were taught that ONLY whites CAN even BE racist, AND it's impossible for a white person to be a victim of racism.   The workshop was called "Interrupting Racism: Tips & Tools for White People”.

A college newspaper reported that students were asked to sign - and some signed - "pledges"  “to shut up and listen when people of color tell me how my actions affect them. ”  

Seriously.  Tax dollars spent to indoctrinate students with this obviously and hideously racist, black exceptionalist crap.  But I guess that's why universities need "Student Life Multiculturalism Centers", to help make sure whitey understands his place.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Well done. 99% are here for dubious reasons. Deport the lot.

He will investigate why the one charged with a cocaine conviction had not been deported--- does this mean he will confiscate the brown envelope and find where its contents went??:shock1:

16 hours ago, partington said:

No they haven't. They have done a cosmetic action which will have no effect, even for a day.

The fact that these "tourists" have been allowed to openly sell drugs on the street for at least the last five years with no consequences means the police are being paid off.

I live in this area and often pass  the same African guys in the morning and at night hanging around the same corner. What tourist sits on a wall for eight hours randomly accosting passers-by in full view, including of occasional police on motor bikes?

Admittedly the pay-offs are not as blatant as the ones from the stall-holders - I once saw a policeman on a motor bike stop briefly, hold out his hand without a word and receive a wad of notes from one of those DVD stall runners, then drive off!

Oh sorry to hear that. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my behalf. Hoped they had got rid of a load of them. I hate the area and rarely go there now. Its vile.

Just saying now..

Living in a country where racial profiling is OK is kinda OK.

When it comes to The Africans ! Yes it’s OK!

Problem is there are notices /rules in consulates in SE Asia stating African passport holders have to return to their passport country to get new visa when their old one expires! Clearly this doesn’t happen! Either overstayed or that word synonymous with LOS , corruption !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, davidcc said:

Well done to the Thai police. I hope they get rid of every one of them. :clap2:

Um, wouldn't be calling it a "well done" when you've got the cops shaking hands with African dealers outside Sukhumvit 13 near 7-eleven.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Montnoveau said:

That is indeed my point too. 99% of them are up to no good. The good thing is that they are not that hard to find.

They're hard to find at night, unless you tell them a joke !

I'm black, so that's not racist.... :)

Oooops

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Haha 1

No fines need be paid. Their passports, and the stamps they require, are handled.
But clearly you are so much more worldly than I am.
I must have dreamt my exchange with one of those very "soldiers".
Dude they are left alone because the bib can't be arsed!

They would make more from an hour at a road block than chasing a few dozen Nigerians mostly selling pot..

Your suggestion they are being protected by those above the bib is quite frankly cringe worthy.

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

Dude they are left alone because the bib can't be arsed!

They would make more from an hour at a road block than chasing a few dozen Nigerians mostly selling pot..

Your suggestion they are being protected by those above the bib is quite frankly cringe worthy.

Protection was never mentioned in any of my threads. Nor was there any inference to assistance or deference from the BIB or the Thai government. In fact, I specifically stated "an institution not of the Thai government" in my original post. But hey, I am a childish conspiracy theorist, so why be bothered with reading, and comprehending, what I have to say.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:27 AM, colinneil said:

One of those arrested was charged with deceiving Thai women in a romance scam:cheesy:

Surely that is a joke? deceiving in a romance scam, not only done by Thai women, but also to them, priceless.

Good Guys in...

Bad guysOUT

As a non-racist gay white guy I can swear on a stack of bibles that the ghetto from Soi 3 to 13 in Nana is full of Africans ALL doing something dodgy--pimping, drug-peddling, running errands for dealers and sometimes picking pockets. I would never wear my Lange or Patek there. In fact, whoever stated that sitting on a hot wall for eight hours equals bad dude, that is obvious.

I have walked in Brixton, Barcelona and Bangladesh at night. Give me Brixton over Soi 3-13 any day.

How is it persecution if they are guilty?

Too many people whine that the Thai police are doing nothing about crime then when they do something about it people whine!

Edited by Cuba
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1