Hi Everyone, Bus Help Needed.

crudy21

Hello all,

Just thought i would ask here as there are so many knowledgable members around!

I am wanting to visit my friend near Petchabun later next week when i arrive in Thailand. Not being a fan of Bangkok i always head straight to Pattaya when i arrive. I have heard there is a direct bus to this area but as i have never been up country before i thought one of you people could help.

P.S. This is my first post here, i have been lurking for quite a while as i find this an incredibly usefull and informative site. Thanks in advance for any help. Crudy, England

Nakorn Chair Air (spelling ?) (Long distance North and Northeast), Sukhumvit Road, Pattaya.

+66(38) 424 871 +66(38) 424 841

Naka.

Thanks for the phone number Naka, i presume that means there is a bus ??

Has anyone used it then?

4 days to go!!!

Edited by crudy21

Nakorn Chair Air (spelling ?) (Long distance North and Northeast), Sukhumvit Road, Pattaya.

+66(38) 424 871 +66(38) 424 841

Naka.

Thanks for the phone number Naka, i presume that means there is a bus ??

Has anyone used it then?

4 days to go!!!

JR Texas to CRUDY: From Pattaya, take the bus to MOCHIT bust terminal in Bangkok. Then get a ticket to Petchaboon. The bus type varies, but if you are lucky you will get the large bus with seats above and below (ask for the front seat above as the view is great).

Thanks for the info JR, this info i already had, however someone told me that it is possible to to totally avoid BKK and get one direct from Pattaya Nua somewhere. I have been to Ekkamai bus station and found it a daunting experience as i ended up on the slow bus to Pattaya that took about 4 hours.

My information may be totally wrong but thought it was worth a stab. Mochit frightens me as althouth i have been to Pattaya 20 odd times BKK just doesn't rock my boat and i have heard Mochit is a very badly laid out set up with a good chance of ending up on a bus full of chickens etc etc.

Am i being an absolute travelphobic?

Bus station is at pattaya klang [ central] for Petchabun, not at pattaya nua.

Get a nice aircon bus - no chickens.

Use NAKA's recommendation - Nakonchai air co. Hostess on board, free food & drink.

Thanks so much for the info, i feel much more relaxed now.

I can almost taste the Chang :o

Thanks for the info JR, this info i already had, however someone told me that it is possible to to totally avoid BKK and get one direct from Pattaya Nua somewhere. I have been to Ekkamai bus station and found it a daunting experience as i ended up on the slow bus to Pattaya that took about 4 hours.

My information may be totally wrong but thought it was worth a stab. Mochit frightens me as althouth i have been to Pattaya 20 odd times BKK just doesn't rock my boat and i have heard Mochit is a very badly laid out set up with a good chance of ending up on a bus full of chickens etc etc.

Am i being an absolute travelphobic?

JR Texas to Crudy 21: There is a bus that goes directly from Pattaya to Petchaboon. I do not know the time or times. I am living in China now as had enough of the Thai BS (insane visa and business rules) to last a lifetime. Just go up to the bus station in Pattaya and ask.......maybe they have several runs per day, but I doubt it....probably one or two.