New Years Resolutions

Soph

So come on, nows the time to confess. How are those resolutions we all made going. Are we being good and sticking to them or has it already gone tits up?

My stopping smoking, drinking a glass of water between every alcoholic one and excercising daily has well NEVER EVEN STARTED! I feel nothing but guilt.

Was meant to go to my Thai boxing class at three but have just been persuaded to meet the girls in the pub for more lunchtime drinks. I have no self controll.

So come on, anyone been a less naughtly girl/boy than me?

As I was working Night Shift on NYE I didn't have time to make any... :o

But I think any other day is as good as NYE if you really want to start/stop/give up something. You only need to remind and persuade yourself a few times. But BTW I'm personally not good at it either and I realized that I shouldn't do any resolutions at all to be on the safe side... :D

KY

So come on, nows the time to confess. How are those resolutions we all made going. Are we being good and sticking to them or has it already gone tits up?

My stopping smoking, drinking a glass of water between every alcoholic one and excercising daily has well NEVER EVEN STARTED! I feel nothing but guilt.

Was meant to go to my Thai boxing class at three but have just been persuaded to meet the girls in the pub for more lunchtime drinks. I have no self controll.

So come on, anyone been a less naughtly girl/boy than me?

:o

Careful Soph.

I left Thailand about 8months after breaking up with my thai partner, and I became a fully fledged alcoholic for over two years!

(but I had fun doing it most of those two years!)

as for New Year Resolutions.

This was the garfield for this years New YEar Day:

garfieldnyrvo3.png

Edited by kayo

Yep, its definately got to be all or nothing when giving things up. At least for the first few weeks or so anyway, till you can gain controll.

And dont worry Kayo, im no alchoholic, it wouldnt be possible - im too much of a lightweight!!!

Back on track with being good now anyway. Keep up the good work people!

Yeah you're right, I'm now quitting for good. I started at age 11 and now am 22 so I should be alright. My granddad smoked for about 40 years or more and is now clean and alive at 90 y.o.: "Smoking is good and not smoking is better" he always said :o

Mine was not to drink at home anymore. Seeing as most nights are spent at home & I was having 4-6 drinks a night, I didn't think I'd do it. But I have, and it wasn't as difficult as I thought. The downside is I went out last night and drank a little less than my usual amount (for a night out). Result? Killer hangover today, where usually I wouldn't have one! :o Obviously my body is becoming used to being toxin free!! :D