US Embassy Outreach Pattaya

Suradit69

Information sent out by email, copy below.

Note that they will be reducing the number of outreach visits to Pattaya in future.

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Pattaya.

Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Time: 10:00AM to NOON
Venue: Dusit Thani Pattaya Hotel

Address: 240/2 Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150, Thailand

Hotel phone:     +66 (0) 3842 5611

https://www.dusit.com/dusitthani/pattaya/location/

Additionally, we are glad to announce that we will also come to Pattaya in June 2018.  In light of the proximity of Pattaya to Bangkok, and competing demands on our limited resources, we have decided to decrease the frequency of visits.  However, we do plan to inaugurate periodic afternoon hours at the ACS Section at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok so that you can visit us and return to Pattaya on the same day if desired.   We will advertise the dates with extended hours soon.  

Information about all our upcoming outreach dates can be found at this link: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/.

All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.

SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON November 1, 2017

Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 35 THB to 1 USD

PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you. 

IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.

PAYMENT METHOD

Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.

All Bank Drafts must be:

• Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank(SCB). 
    • You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
    • Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
  • Purchased in advance.
  • Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok
  • In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
  • At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach. 
  • Submitted at the time of service.
  • You can show this to the bank:
    ลูกค้าท่านนี้ต้องการซื้อแบงค์ดร๊าฟ(สกุลเงินบาทเท่านั้น)
    ตามจำนวนเงินที่ระบุด้านหลังสั่งจ่ายถึง
    “American Embassy Bangkok”
    รบกวนช่วยอำนวยความสะดวกให้ด้วยค่ะ

Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.

Please note:

• Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
  • Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events and Passports-by-Mail. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) exclusively.

RETURN OF PASSPORT 

There are two ways to receive your new passport:

1.) IN PERSON: Come to our office in Bangkok (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (M-F from 7:30-11 AM, except holidays and the last Friday of every month), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, please submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.

2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.

If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Bangkok, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time.

NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS

Bangkok Bank

North Pattaya Branch

212/1-3 Moo5 Naklua

Banglamung

Chonburi 20150

038-498-067

Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)

WongAmart Branch

500/1 Moo5

Nong Phrue Sub District

Chonburi 20260

038-413-376

038-413-598

Kasikorn Bank

Pattaya –Naklua Branch

157/140-141 Moo 5

Nong Pru Bang Lamung

Chonburi 20150

038-420-960

You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.

SPECIAL NOTES

CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.

Starting on October 1, 2017, all beneficiaries and applicants living in Thailand must direct all questions regarding Social Security to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines at [email protected]. Please visit http://www.ssa.gov for more Social Security information.

For other outreach dates and locations please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/.

For information on US Citizen Services please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.

Send questions about total costs to [email protected] or call 02-205-4049.

Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK

I like how they added a warm & fuzzy lead-in sentence about a Jun 18 visit just before saying they are reducing the number of visits to Pattaya per year.

Additionally, we are glad to announce that we will also come to Pattaya in June 2018.  In light of the proximity of Pattaya to Bangkok, and competing demands on our limited resources, we have decided to decrease the frequency of visits. 

45 minutes ago, Pib said:

I like how they added a warm & fuzzy lead-in sentence about a Jun 18 visit just before saying they are reducing the number of visits to Pattaya per year.

They didn't indicate (or I didn't see any mention anyway) whether they'd be coming once a year or maybe every six months.

Since the income verification is supposedly good for 6 months, some people may be forced to go to Bangkok in order to get one that will be accepted by immigrations.

Note that they've changed the downloadable income certification form. Make sure you use the latest version.

Love this, "In light of the proximity of Pattaya to Bangkok", implying it is a minor inconvenience to go to Bangkok. Last time I went to the Bangkok Embassy, I had no choice, I had to go by necessity. Required a night stay in a hotel plus taxi, etc., not at all convenient. 

2 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

I would like to know if I need to bring a photo with me if I want to apply for a replacement passport.    They mention copies of passport but say nothing about photos.

Yes, definitely bring a photo and make sure that you follow all the specific rules for U.S. passport photos to the letter. Don't expect many local shops to know them. It's your responsibility to demand those specs. 

8 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

Love this, "In light of the proximity of Pattaya to Bangkok", implying it is a minor inconvenience to go to Bangkok. Last time I went to the Bangkok Embassy, I had no choice, I had to go by necessity. Required a night stay in a hotel plus taxi, etc., not at all convenient. 

That's really bad but I reckon it might be related to budget cuts to the State department globally. 

12 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

I would like to know if I need to bring a photo with me if I want to apply for a replacement passport.    They mention copies of passport but say nothing about photos.

Oh yea you still need to provide a photo and  completed application.  See the embassy website regarding passport application/renewal/replacement requirements.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/

OK    bring a photo.  I just did a visa for my wife to go to the US and the photo they had to have was digital and you could use their sizing / cropping tool on line to do it.  Can I walk in with a "Hard Copy" photo and expect it to be what they want.   For the visa application they were very specific about the photo.  I wish they would give you a number to call to ask these questions.

13 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

OK    bring a photo.  I just did a visa for my wife to go to the US and the photo they had to have was digital and you could use their sizing / cropping tool on line to do it.  Can I walk in with a "Hard Copy" photo and expect it to be what they want.   For the visa application they were very specific about the photo.  I wish they would give you a number to call to ask these questions.

The number is on their website...the number is:.  02-205-4000.  Or just email them.

Capture.JPG.92f18629b1225073ded7730df3cd8b6b.JPG

Or maybe call the number given in the opening post announcement as it had an email and phone number for contact purposes regarding the visit to Pattaya.  Partial quote below.

For information on US Citizen Services please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.

Send questions about total costs to [email protected] or call 02-205-4049.

Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK

Archived