How to watch UK TV, Sport and Movies (Low Cost) without a VPN

Mario666

Dear all,

After posting on TVF on this subject before (Thank you for your replies) and after extensive research and testing I am able to share the following:

Having tried many VPNs and being let down so many times and lost money I have given up on them.

I now watch all my TV through a laptop (Windows 7) connected to my TV.

I use Smart DNS which you can trial for 14 days (no credit card needed). Their website is:

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Login

It is very fast (I am getting download speeds of 60+ Mbps on True Internet Fibre) and I get practically no buffering. It is great for BBC iPlayer.

Special offer now on $49.90 (US) for 24 months. There are many subscription offers...all cheap.

If you want to get all UK TV channels as well as hundreds more you can use U-Play TV or HDPrime TV which are the new offerings from what was formerly ILkeHD TV.

HDPrime is the English version, but it is more expensive and doesn't have many Thai Movies or subtitles.

If you have a Thai GF, wife or other Thai friend then U-Play TV is much better and cheaper. You can choose the User Interface in Thai or English when you LOGIN.

Both have loads of channels including most sports channels, hundreds of movies and many of them have 3-4 days catchup.

The list includes all BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, all Sky Sports, Setanta, BT Sport, Eurosport, BEIN Sports, etc., etc.

They can be found at:

https://web.u-play.tv/webapp/

https://hdprime.tv/hdp-webapp/webapp/landing/index.html

You have to create an account/register (Free) to enter the sites and see what they have.

For all channels (VIP) U-Play is 300Thb per month. You have to pay by TrueMoney which you can get from 7/11.

HDPrime has many different packages so you can choose what you want.

These all offer tremendous value and you don't need to worry about the TV companies blocking you as it is legit.

Apparently they also work on android mobile devices and Smart TVs but I haven't tried that yet.

I can confirm that they work on iPad and iPhone.

Hope this helps some of you.

I don't have a consistently good experience with smartdnsproxy. I get lots of buffering and picture degradation as the stream doesn't have a consistent bandwidth. Sometimes the connection via their DNS server doesn't register somehow that's it's in the UK and I can't use BBC iPlayer. I have a very fast fibre optic connection. I had no such issues using Astrill VPN and will be going back to it. Luckily I signed up with SmartDNS for a low priced introductory offer so it's no great loss. I would recommend taking the trial before paying for it.

1 hour ago, trd said:

I don't have a consistently good experience with smartdnsproxy. I get lots of buffering and picture degradation as the stream doesn't have a consistent bandwidth. Sometimes the connection via their DNS server doesn't register somehow that's it's in the UK and I can't use BBC iPlayer. I have a very fast fibre optic connection. I had no such issues using Astrill VPN and will be going back to it. Luckily I signed up with SmartDNS for a low priced introductory offer so it's no great loss. I would recommend taking the trial before paying for it.

Thanks TRD...As we speak I have lost connection to BBC iPlayer, but I had tried Smart DNS for a week with great results until just after my post.

I have contacted their support and they tell me they are working on a fix.

Thank you for the heads up on Astrill....I will try it.

However, HDPrime TV and U-Play tv are working fine...I had issues with iLikeHDTV before, but so far so good. These are hosted and based in Thailand as far as I know so no Proxy DNS or VPN is required to use them.

I am not commissioned and so not promoting these services except to trying help fellow TVF members.

If anyone else can recommend a good Proxy DNS product I am sure it would be most welcome.

Good luck everyone! :smile:

59 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

i still rate quality ANDROID box and view all those channels  about 3000 baht  for box ZERO for channels

Hi Lamkyong....May I ask you what sort of quality (HD or not) you get, do you get buffering during Live

Football games and where did you buy the box and what Make and Model?

I have avoided Kodi, IPTV, etc. to date because of the constant press rumblings about blocking Kodi servers, etc.

I am willing to try anything and the more options the better.

Many thanks.:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Hi Lamkyong....May I ask you what sort of quality (HD or not) you get, do you get buffering during Live

Football games and where did you buy the box and what Make and Model?

I have avoided Kodi, IPTV, etc. to date because of the constant press rumblings about blocking Kodi servers, etc.

I am willing to try anything and the more options the better.

Many thanks.:thumbsup:

Hi the box m/x 3  4k  from LAZADA   in my opinion  avoid the offers of air mouse included     the included   remote is just the same   (does the job just fine)  i have downloaded using the browser MOBDRO   NOT IN APP STORE   it seems that any buffering etc  depends on the program provider assuming your internet connection is good but generally no problems

i find a wireless mouse makes for easier navigation  using the inbuilt ANDROID KEYBOARD

ALSO try download FIRST ONE TV EU    again from the browser section   all the free to view programs  from about 10 different countries   Happy viewing for a one off payment NO VPN REQUIRED

3 hours ago, Mario666 said:

you don't need to worry about the TV companies blocking you as it is legit.

You're joking, right?

1 hour ago, Mario666 said:

However, HDPrime TV and U-Play tv are working fine...I had issues with iLikeHDTV before, but so far so good. These are hosted and based in Thailand as far as I know

No they aren't hosted in Thailand, because then they would be shut down already, as they are illegal

Edited by janclaes47

On 10/21/2017 at 11:50 AM, Mario666 said:

It is very fast (I am getting download speeds of 60+ Mbps on True Internet Fibre) and I get practically no buffering. It is great for BBC iPlayer.

Special offer now on $49.90 (US) for 24 months.

You can watch BBC iPlayer and ITVplayer on Kodi without any VPN or DNS changer for nothing.

On 10/21/2017 at 11:50 AM, Mario666 said:

They can be found at:

https://web.u-play.tv/webapp/

https://hdprime.tv/hdp-webapp/webapp/landing/index.html

These all offer tremendous value and you don't need to worry about the TV companies blocking you as it is legit.

This used to be from the guys who brought us the less than reliable iLikeHD that wasn't exactly legit. Not sure if things have improved at all, but they didn't allow playback through generic IPTV or Kodi players last time I used them.

On 10/21/2017 at 3:06 PM, Lamkyong said:

Reserve Parachute" sorry dont understand   but may have further  advise if

Android Smart Box MXQ Pro UHD 4K 64Bit Octa Core Ram 1GB DDR3 Android OS Marshmallow 6.0

you need

1GB RAM looks a bit light to me.

Surely you should specify 2GB RAM or more and 16GB ROM or more?

If I want to watch UK TV I use the Rising Tides video addon with Kodi.

18 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You can't watch live streams in BBC Iplayer without a vpn or smart dns

Yes agreed but don't most use BBCiPlayer for catch up? It wouldn't make sense to buy a VPN/SmartDNS just to watch BBCiPlayer live stream when you can watch BBC live stream and thousands other live channels in HD without VPN/SmartDNS using a premium paid IPTV provider?