Internet and tv in khon kaen

Alantct

Hi all,

I am looking at getting tv and internet in kk and it seems 3bb is probably the best option from reading comments but has anyone dealt with khon kaen cable for tv?

I heard a bit about them but can't find a number or details on them?

Thanks

Was hoping to get a package that does sport but true etc are crazy money and I keep hearing they are garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been using True internet here in Bangkok for many years and fully happy with it - does not seem to have any more issues than any others and price is competitive.  If you need sports then yes it does become costly as most are part of the more expensive options.  Am not sure that 3BB has TV options other than using your computer connection.  AIS seems to be better regarded lately as a True alternative and expect that may be available up there.  There is a dedicated area for discussion that you might want to read.

Have been using True internet here in Bangkok for many years and fully happy with it - does not seem to have any more issues than any others and price is competitive.  If you need sports then yes it does become costly as most are part of the more expensive options.  Am not sure that 3BB has TV options other than using your computer connection.  AIS seems to be better regarded lately as a True alternative and expect that may be available up there.  There is a dedicated area for discussion that you might want to read.

Hi,
Thanks for reply but it was more a specific question for khon kaen as I mentioned.
As there is a company called khon kaen cable that do a competitive tv package( so I believe) but I was looking for more info on them.
[emoji106]

Why not do IPTV and forget the cable. Much cheaper and more choices. Get a 3bb plan above the basic that gets you at least 5 meg down from your home country and you will be good. In Ubon I had 16 meg down speed in country but only 3 meg down to the US servers. Good for SD tv but not HD tv. Good luck

Why not do IPTV and forget the cable. Much cheaper and more choices. Get a 3bb plan above the basic that gets you at least 5 meg down from your home country and you will be good. In Ubon I had 16 meg down speed in country but only 3 meg down to the US servers. Good for SD tv but not HD tv. Good luck

I use iptv but it's never gonna be 100% reliable and if I am showing a match in the bar I don't want to piss off a lot of people with buff buff buffffffff bufffff bufffffffff
ering [emoji23][emoji23]

19 hours ago, Alantct said:

I use iptv but it's never gonna be 100% reliable and if I am showing a match in the bar I don't want to piss off a lot of people with buff buff buffffffff bufffff bufffffffff
ering emoji23.pngemoji23.png

3bb 30mbs package and a monthly subscription to HDprime. Sorted. 

I am in KK and have 3BB Fibre 200mb package and IPTV. I am using a high end Zidoo Android box and rarely get buffering.
If you are installing this in a bar, I can understand your concern and suggest you find a legit sports provider...

I use 3bb and a decent android system for personal use but on any live event no matter what your speed or quality of box you are never guaranteed to get a buffer free game or match. It will be for a bar so can't take the risk [emoji23][emoji23]

I am in KK and have 3BB Fibre 200mb package and IPTV. I am using a high end Zidoo Android box and rarely get buffering.

If you are installing this in a bar, I can understand your concern and suggest you find a legit sports provider...

Do u know anything about khon kaen cable?

It seems to be a very popular option that everyone has but nobody knows anything [emoji848][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Alantct said:

Do u know anything about khon kaen cable?

It seems to be a very popular option that everyone has but nobody knows anything emoji848.pngemoji23.png

Sorry, I know nothing about KK Cable, nor do I know anyone who has it..

The website does not look very promising.

Nowhere can I find substantial info like a channel list or the like.

No advertising any premium content.

On two pages there is supposed to be a video.

Both don't start.

Amateurish.

Price is the only thing I can find.

350 per month, discount for longer periods.

What do you expect for 350?

I guess it's not more than what you can get with a DVB T2 receiver and a small indoor antenna.

"57 (Thai) Channels (And Nothin' On)", based on Bruce Springsteen :tongue:

57: should read 200 of course.

Save the money and invest additional 350 for the internet.

I had Khon Khaen TV for a couple of years. It worked good without problems. I didn't look that much and sports not at all. 300 THB per month or 2800 THB per year. You can search "KTV Khon Kaen" on Google maps to find their office. As far as I know there are two other cable TV companies in Khon Kaen.

The website does not look very promising.
Nowhere can I find substantial info like a channel list or the like.
No advertising any premium content.
On two pages there is supposed to be a video.
Both don't start.
Amateurish.
Price is the only thing I can find.
350 per month, discount for longer periods.
What do you expect for 350?

I guess it's not more than what you can get with a DVB T2 receiver and a small indoor antenna.
"57 (Thai) Channels (And Nothin' On)", based on Bruce Springsteen :tongue:
57: should read 200 of course.

Save the money and invest additional 350 for the internet.

Just found a guy that has it with the sports package and he gets all the footie and f1, boxing etc etc and it's only 500 Baht a month and they do deals for yearly and for multiple tv's
Happy days [emoji4][emoji4]

Where is your bar in Khon Kaen?  Nothing can beat a nice cold beer and some sports. 

It's a work In progress. Hoping to open mid November but as this is Thailand it could be mid December [emoji23][emoji23]
Watch this space for updates.
It will be serving great European home style cooking and Thai food cooked to Farang tastes. ( any spice level you like)
You can have it genuine Thai or Farang Thai [emoji23][emoji23]
There will be home cooked shepherds pie, burgers, pies, fresh stone baked pizza with home made dough and sauces.
Chilli, baked potatoes, creamy mash, proper English breakfast.
Lots of other tasty things everyone misses from home.
If anyone has any requests feel free to ask and we will see what we can do.

• 4 weeks later...