ECU-Shop.com any ideas?

Xaos

Hi went to pattaya ECU Shop see what they about. I got new Fortuner year old TRD.

They got some ECU boxes for it, on label it said 30HP up...

The best thing they had was ecu-shop diesel monster max for 40 something k

One cheaper was the one in photo

Heres website http://www.ecu-shop.com

Some specs http://www.ecu-shop.com/specification/diesel/

Is this any good? Worth my time? Safe for engine?

Or forget it.

I got no clue.

But would be nice to make it more nippy.

Thx20171022_100805.jpg.a4d079fbc38620dbf69580a91d09afb7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Both seem expensive got my common rail booster from Germany, it was noticeably a bit quicker but l wouldn't bother at those prices.
Are they. I got not clue.
So u got same thing?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just now, Xaos said:

1. Are they.

2. I got not clue.
3. So u got same thing?

Yes my one worked out at about 6,000 baht.

A clue is whether your bothered about warranty being affected. 

Similar I would say without seeing what they do, mine was a common-rail  booster increasing pressure via the ECU.

There's many ways of tuning turbo diesels, not that much gain IMO unless you spend mega bahts.

Forget it.

Reason the new Fortuner has a very loose torque converter.

All you will gain is rev's with little or no speed increase.

Give your TRD a try, from a stand still put it in D, put your right foot down. The revs will go into the 3th rev range as it goes off. It then goes rapidly through the gearbox with the revs diminishing as the car catches up.

Unlike the old TRD 3lt the new one is built for high speed cruising not acceleration. Saying that it's not a slug, just not any good for chipping IMHO.

But if you still decide to do it please let us know how you get on.

I had my old 3lt TRD sorted and it flew, my new 2.8 TRD I'm not bothering doing.

Edited by fredob43

This is one result for a fortuner 2.8 from ECU Thailand. Decent power gains with  remap. I don't know the price though. You will find them on facebook. They get the same kind of results with the ford everest too. 

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L ECUremap by RPT 
RitterPerformanceTuning 
STOCK: 161.7HP 311.9ft/lbs 424.1Nm
TUNED: 202.8HP 412.1ft/lbs 560.4Nm
GAINED: 41.1HP 100.2ft/lbs 136.3Nm
Tel.: 0817732434
LINE: rigue 
[email protected] 

Edited by DavisH

I just went to Powerlab and got some work done.  I was considering ECU-shop.  

I paid around 33,000 thb and got:
New X9 injectors

Diesel management computer

Fuel pressure and turbo boost computer (piggyback)

The diesel management computer has 2 power settings 
The other computer has 3 power settings
All adjustable by pressing a button on each box.
They are installed in my glovebox so I have lost use of that.

Driving 500/600km home from Bangkok I left it on the lowest power setting.  The difference in driving is absolutely phenomenal.  Power is delivered across the entire rev range and instantaneous. 

Before I had this work done my car would start to struggle at 120 km/hr with very slow acceleration.  On a quiet bit of road I wound it out to 150 and it felt like it would just keep going.  

It's seriously like a different car now.  I can also do 50km in 5th gear, give it some throttle and it will pick up instantly.

I am very happy with the work done.  

Before bringing it home we went on a test drive and under full boost the clutch was starting to slip so the mechanic lowered the power limit a little.  Now I have no problem and overtaking cars is super easy.  The throttle feels very light and the car is much easier to drive.  I am going to go back in a couple of months and get a different clutch installed so I can wind up the power a bit more.  

If you're thinking of getting the work done I really don't think you will be disappointed.  

On 10/24/2017 at 12:19 AM, DavisH said:

This is one result for a fortuner 2.8 from ECU Thailand. Decent power gains with  remap. I don't know the price though. You will find them on facebook. They get the same kind of results with the ford everest too. 

Toyota Fortuner 2.8L ECUremap by RPT 
RitterPerformanceTuning 
STOCK: 161.7HP 311.9ft/lbs 424.1Nm
TUNED: 202.8HP 412.1ft/lbs 560.4Nm
GAINED: 41.1HP 100.2ft/lbs 136.3Nm
Tel.: 0817732434
LINE: rigue 
[email protected] 

Very nice increase. TQ up 33% - that will be noticable !

Edited by canthai55

6 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Very nice increase. TQ up 33% - that will be noticable !

Well it would be if their figures were correct in the first place. The Toyo 2.8 has 177bh and 450nm. Cant always rely on what goes on web sites.

N/B the 161 was for the old Toyo 3lt.

I will give them a chance maybe just mixed up the figures.

Then again they might be telling bloody lies.

6 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Well it would be if their figures were correct in the first place. The Toyo 2.8 has 177bh and 450nm. Cant always rely on what goes on web sites.

N/B the 161 was for the old Toyo 3lt.

I will give them a chance maybe just mixed up the figures.

Then again they might be telling bloody lies.

Those are chassis dyno figures, so they don't give the same output (177hp is from the crankshaft). They are comparing the vehicle before and after on the dyno - so it's more important to look at percent changes rather than referring back to the crank HP from the factory. 

Increasing the crank 450 nm torque figure by 33% gives a crank torque close to 600NM. 

13 hours ago, DavisH said:

Those are chassis dyno figures, so they don't give the same output (177hp is from the crankshaft). They are comparing the vehicle before and after on the dyno - so it's more important to look at percent changes rather than referring back to the crank HP from the factory. 

Increasing the crank 450 nm torque figure by 33% gives a crank torque close to 600NM. 

That's as maybe. It's just that I find their figures a tad incorrect.

They quote that the old 3lt Toyo engine that Toyo say produces 161hp and 430nm? is 107hp. and 313nm, then after they have got at it it then produces 156hp and 407nm.

Yes a big improvement but I cant see how they get such a low reading in the first place.

I had the old 3lt Spivo and after tuning it produced well over 200hp on the dyno and it flew. Sorry can remember NM. 

Not that any of this helps the OP, as I have said no amount of tuning is going to be any good due to the new Spivos loose Torque converter and the gear box it has. 

The last bit isn't guess work as I have one. Other makes and models cant say.

• 3 weeks later...