Another Visa Query

I have a sixty day single entry tourist visa that expires on the 26th February. I will then go to the nearest border crossing and apply for a thirty day extension to cover me until I leave the country on the 9th of March. Prior to obtaining this visa I had several dozen "visa run" stamps in my passport.

No problem.

A mate is coming to stay on the 26th January for a week at my Chiang Rai home and when he was here last year I took him up to Burma for the day which he really enjoyed. He will almost certainly want to go again and me to accompany him.

Looks like I'll have to wait in Thailand for him because if I cross over it will stuff my single entry visa up.

Any ideas?

Hi lopburi, I am on my first Tourist Visa and almost completed the 90-day period (will be on 1/26/07). If I understand correctly I'll have to wait another 3 months to entire the country again (90 days out of 6 months). Is this correct??

I also married a Thai girl on the 4th of October, 2006. She owns a business and apartments and I'm in a medically disability retirement status. How would I apply for another Visa and what type would I ask for?? Thanks a lot, Lon

Hi lopburi, I am on my first Tourist Visa and almost completed the 90-day period (will be on 1/26/07). If I understand correctly I'll have to wait another 3 months to entire the country again (90 days out of 6 months). Is this correct??

I also married a Thai girl on the 4th of October, 2006. She owns a business and apartments and I'm in a medically disability retirement status. How would I apply for another Visa and what type would I ask for?? Thanks a lot, Lon

Hi, you're hijacking my post but seeing as your nose is under the tent flap you can now do three "visa runs" to any of the border immigration places then apply for another tourist visa at Vientiane or Penang.

If your Mrs owns a business get her to employ you and apply for a work permit.

By the numbered queue:

1. You obtain the re-entry permit from immigration before you leave Thailand. You use that on your arrival card visa information area. So if you do not have the re-entry permit you do not make the trip.

2. Tourist visas do not count toward the 90 day visa free entry rule. There is no limit on them. So you can either leave to obtain a visa or make a border crossing and receive a 30 day stamp. But I would advise you take marriage certificate and copy of wife id card (signed) and head for any Royal Thai Consulate and obtain a non immigrant O visa. You only need single entry as if you can prove 40k baht monthly family income, with a record of three months, your stay can then be extended by immigration on a yearly basis. If you can not meet the 40k extension requirement you should head for Kuala Lumpur or Singapore with the same documents and request a multi entry which would cover up to almost 15 months but require you to leave every 90 days (but you could immediately return for another 90 days).